Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, I’ve watched Louise Pentlands vlog. No wonder she gets paid loads for these - how many adverts!? Never seen any of hers before as I don’t follow but upon hearing about her, the way she bigs herself up and seeing how many followers she had, I’m surprised at the quality of her vlogging. Maybe I just have high standards.
Anyway... Katie doesn’t seem too impressed in the vintage & charity shops does she! 😂
It’s when she awkwardly says ‘I’ll have a little think and come back’. Why isn’t she just honest and says she likes brand new plastic tat that costs £1000’s!
I’ve not yet watched her homesense vlog (for a laugh at her materialistic ways) but I know it’ll wind me up!
And I’m curious to know what time Katie actually got home that eve as it was a long day including a trip with Louise to Homesense yet she posted on IG that eve that she was home to watch crap while JonJon then went out. She prob just made sure he did the bed routine so she didn’t have to, as how dare he go out!
Oh & what a numpty forgetting her camera card!!!! 😱🥴🤣

Reactions: 2
I don’t get the DFS ad... hasn’t she openly admitted that she doesn’t spend a lot of time on her DFS sofa as she doesn’t find it comfortable to sit on?

Reactions: 4
Haven’t watched Louise before & watched the video. Not too keen on SJ or that Lara. Katie looked too out of place, awkward to the point she didn’t want to be there.

Reactions: 1
SJ is a weird one. It's like she is stoned all the time or like spaced out.
There's a (quiet) thread on SJ. I just find her so sickly sweet and saintly. "Oh I never shout at my children", "oh Henrik is so perfect", "oh everything is so perfect".. smile smile. I can't stand the robot mums. She is another one who's career is in marketing and you can really tell.

Reactions: 7
There's a (quiet) thread on SJ. I just find her so sickly sweet and saintly. "Oh I never shout at my children", "oh Henrik is so perfect", "oh everything is so perfect".. smile smile. I can't stand the robot mums. She is another one who's career is in marketing and you can really tell.
She always looks like she got dressed in the dark.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don’t get the DFS ad... hasn’t she openly admitted that she doesn’t spend a lot of time on her DFS sofa as she doesn’t find it comfortable to sit on?
You’re right, I’m sure she has mentioned that before a few times and they very rarely sit in that part of the house. Maybe so the kids don’t make a mess. I don’t really get the ad either as they got their sofas a while ago but anything for a bit of cash! Katie’s got to make it look like she does ‘work’. If that’s what she calls it... 🤔😂

Haven’t watched Louise before & watched the video. Not too keen on SJ or that Lara. Katie looked too out of place, awkward to the point she didn’t want to be there.
In the shops and especially on the bed when they all got back!! Katie looked as interested as a wet kipper 🙄🤣

Reactions: 1
I suppose it’s all down to personal taste but when I saw the shelves i thought “ too many trinkets” !! I think people either have a natural eye for effortlessly styling or they don’t. Katie’s style is “nice” but so heavily influenced by current trends. I think that sometimes when you create a new space , it’s nice to leave it as a blank canvas for a a while and see where it goes whereas I suppose if you put your life on Instagram there must be a pressure to complete everything quickly.
I think all the trinkets and things on her kitchen shelves are too small and should be of a larger scale. IMO they look a bit ridiculous. Agree her home is nice but I would imagine would become dated quite quickly. My husband & I have to think a bit more long term than buying everything according to latest trends but that's because I don't get stuff gifted. Is that just me?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think all the trinkets and things on her kitchen shelves are too small and should be of a larger scale. IMO they look a bit ridiculous. Agree her home is nice but I would imagine would become dated quite quickly. My husband & I have to think a bit more long term than buying everything according to latest trends but that's because I don't get stuff gifted. Is that just me?
I don’t get that she bought a teapot when she doesn’t even drink tea. That shows she does it for the gram & everyone else, not herself at all.
It’s sad to think it’s all for show. More environmental wastage. We all want things, we humans have it thrown in our faces sadly. But there’s a healthy want and an unhealthy want. And when they get these things they want are these so called ‘influencers’ ever happy?

Reactions: 3
Brilliant!!
Totally agree, nothing in that house has been purchased to last. Interiors has become like fast fashion. Lots of trends that quickly date then onto the next thing. Does anyone remember when pineapples and flamingos prints were all the rage?

Brilliant!!
Totally agree, nothing in that house has been purchased to last. Interiors has become like fast fashion. Lots of trends that quickly date then onto the next thing. Does anyone remember w3hen pineapples and flamingos prints were all the rage?
Flamigos & pineapples - yup sure do. Any wonder they have lost their appeal. Seems to me as an influencer Ms Ellison is very easily influenced. These CM types are all so blah and bland. Each one being influenced by the other and exhibiting contrived joy or modesty whilst not actually being able to hide their smugness and self love. OMG I bet that CM weekend away thingy was just one big self love fest. Imagine all of those yummy mummys in one single space. How awful would that be? I'd rather have root canal treatment because at least you get some anasthetic to help numb the experience.

• Haha
  • Heart
latest video.....marathon update

well, she sounds like she's got it together at last! good for her, you don't get many chances to run London marathon so she sounds like shes got it all sorted and is giving it her all

shes doing well and i'm sure she will smash it in .....i'm predicting 5.05......she will be overcome with emotions absolutely guarantee it! you are running along surrounded by runners (its so crowded) all with a story to tell on their running t shirt. the charities and supporters.....all so overwhelming

first 3 miles i was in a complete daze just repeating in my head over and over 'i'm running the london marathon!' .... she's tried the ballot endless times so this will be a big thing for her. if her family are along the route she will be a wreck. physically those 26.2 miles are nothing, but emotionally its everything. i will likely be going along to support so will track her and give her a cheer when she runs past. i'm not her biggest fan but i respect her training now shes explained it

run/support a marathon if you get the chance tattle!!

• Sick
Reactions: 5
latest video.....marathon update

well, she sounds like she's got it together at last! good for her, you don't get many chances to run London marathon so she sounds like shes got it all sorted and is giving it her all

shes doing well and i'm sure she will smash it in .....i'm predicting 5.05......she will be overcome with emotions absolutely guarantee it! you are running along surrounded by runners (its so crowded) all with a story to tell on their running t shirt. the charities and supporters.....all so overwhelming

first 3 miles i was in a complete daze just repeating in my head over and over 'i'm running the london marathon!' .... she's tried the ballot endless times so this will be a big thing for her. if her family are along the route she will be a wreck. physically those 26.2 miles are nothing, but emotionally its everything. i will likely be going along to support so will track her and give her a cheer when she runs past. i'm not her biggest fan but i respect her training now shes explained it

run/support a marathon if you get the chance tattle!!
#ravethread 😉

This is the thing with Katie though, she plays everything down so much, hides a lot of the reality of a situation then just emerges with success seemingly from nowhere; holidays, she never mentions them until the airport, renovations she goes on and on and on about putting up with stuff and saving for them, then all of a sudden she’s doing up a room and now the marathon. She’s played it down so much and no prizes for guessing she’ll probably smash it on the day and everyone will fawn over it. This low level deceit really bugs me, so shady just for added glory.

Reactions: 11
This is the thing with Katie though, she plays everything down so much, hides a lot of the reality of a situation then just emerges with success seemingly from nowhere; holidays, she never mentions them until the airport, renovations she goes on and on and on about putting up with stuff and saving for them, then all of a sudden she’s doing up a room and now the marathon. She’s played it down so much and no prizes for guessing she’ll probably smash it on the day and everyone will fawn over it. This low level deceit really bugs me, so shady just for added glory.
Yes exactly, I said similar weeks ago, guarantee she will finish the marathon and in a really good time. She deliberately plays things down to get a big reveal/surprise post. Every holiday is the same.

It’s what people of influence do nowadays apparently, therefore, it’s what Katie MUST do too 💁🏻‍♀️
Yup, you’re right. Katie must keep up with the crowd. 🙄

Yes exactly, I said similar weeks ago, guarantee she will finish the marathon and in a really good time. She deliberately plays things down to get a big reveal/surprise post. Every holiday is the same.
Exactly this. It’s a very sad approach. She is very calculating and knows exactly what she’s doing. It’s just a shame she does this to people who follow her and unfortunately are influenced by her. She’s not as ‘sweet’ as she tries to make out. And now with the dog to fluff things up. What will she think of next?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.