Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A little bit later she’ll eat a fajita!!!

Sorry @CuckooLand I couldn't get the whole rhyme to fit the title bar:

Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram... A little bit later she’ll eat a fajita!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
i dislike her new kitchen colours!! what was she thinking!

desperately trying to be a little different. its awful

Her children are very privileged to be given all the material stuff from their parents and then Katie “making” her family buy them experiences instead of gifts.

1. She’s fortunate to be able to buy them gifts in the first place so that they aren’t missing out and don’t need them from other people. As a child my sisters and I would be given pyjamas and slippers every year by our grandparents because we never had them otherwise. Our cousins were bought toys because they already had the basics. Katie and her children are very privileged.

2. Not every family has relations who can afford trips to Cadbury World, stage shows and stadium tours instead of gifts. I’m sure my children would LOVE any of those but it’s not practical for my sisters to be able to afford it.

It’s all just showing off about what they have under the guise of being helpful. “Loads of people have asked for suggestions on what to buy their kids so here’s what mine have had recently” 🙄

Reactions: 8
A little bit later she’ll eat a fajita!!!

Sorry @CuckooLand I couldn't get the whole rhyme to fit the title bar:

Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram... A little bit later she’ll eat a fajita!
Ha ha! Thank you for using my title @JessaP

Maybe we’ll save the second half of my title for the next thread as I’m sure it’ll still be relevant!! 🌯😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Her children are very privileged to be given all the material stuff from their parents and then Katie “making” her family buy them experiences instead of gifts.

1. She’s fortunate to be able to buy them gifts in the first place so that they aren’t missing out and don’t need them from other people. As a child my sisters and I would be given pyjamas and slippers every year by our grandparents because we never had them otherwise. Our cousins were bought toys because they already had the basics. Katie and her children are very privileged.

2. Not every family has relations who can afford trips to Cadbury World, stage shows and stadium tours instead of gifts. I’m sure my children would LOVE any of those but it’s not practical for my sisters to be able to afford it.

It’s all just showing off about what they have under the guise of being helpful. “Loads of people have asked for suggestions on what to buy their kids so here’s what mine have had recently” 🙄
its definitely a post aimed to the more wealthy.

She says it’s because she doesn’t want her family wasting money on toys, which I do understand because I never really see them with loads of presents (although they do get expensive gifts like Lego), but then the experiences must cost far more than the presents would...

it’s a nice idea, but not practical for everyone, her children are indeed very privileged.

Reactions: 2
its definitely a post aimed to the more wealthy.

She says it’s because she doesn’t want her family wasting money on toys, which I do understand because I never really see them with loads of presents (although they do get expensive gifts like Lego), but then the experiences must cost far more than the presents would...

it’s a nice idea, but not practical for everyone, her children are indeed very privileged.
We don’t see them with lots of presents but doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t get lots. They have a playroom full of toys, books and things in their bedrooms, a Nintendo switch which isn’t cheap, scooters, bikes and stuff for the garden, tablets and gadgets etc. They don’t need anything else, I expect is what she means.

It’s very easy to say she would rather they had lovely experiences with their relatives instead of presents when they already have everything they could ever wish for 🤷🏼‍♀️

We don’t see them with lots of presents but doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t get lots. They have a playroom full of toys, books and things in their bedrooms, a Nintendo switch which isn’t cheap, scooters, bikes and stuff for the garden, tablets and gadgets etc. They don’t need anything else, I expect is what she means.

It’s very easy to say she would rather they had lovely experiences with their relatives instead of presents when they already have everything they could ever wish for 🤷🏼‍♀️
She has posted pictures before though of their present piles and it’s never exactly over flowing, just a few gifts, not like the carnage in Emily norris’s house anyway! :LOL: The iPads are all second hand, she’s said that before, she used to get them for work, im not saying they don’t have a lot of stuff, I’m just saying they don’t seem to go mad at Christmas and birthdays, probably because the kids are either on the iPad or at football anyway!😂

she says about experiences, but then they spend the weekends stuck indoors half the time, I’ve never seen them at a museum or a zoo...

Reactions: 4
She has posted pictures before though of their present piles and it’s never exactly over flowing, just a few gifts, not like the carnage in Emily norris’s house anyway! :LOL: The iPads are all second hand, she’s said that before, she used to get them for work, im not saying they don’t have a lot of stuff, I’m just saying they don’t seem to go mad at Christmas and birthdays, probably because the kids are either on the iPad or at football anyway!😂

she says about experiences, but then they spend the weekends stuck indoors half the time, I’ve never seen them at a museum or a zoo...
Oh I know she shows moderate amounts of stuff at Christmas etc but who’s to say they don’t get more that isn’t shown? As she is by her own admission selective about what she broadcasts.

And even if they don’t get a heap of presents, they get once in a lifetime holidays every year. They’ve been to Florida several times for Disney etc.

Reactions: 1
Oh I know she shows moderate amounts of stuff at Christmas etc but who’s to say they don’t get more that isn’t shown? As she is by her own admission selective about what she broadcasts.

And even if they don’t get a heap of presents, they get once in a lifetime holidays every year. They’ve been to Florida several times for Disney etc.
Yeah I can imagine they get a generous amount from family too, judging by her asking for experiences.

I’m certainly not saying they aren’t privileged because they definitely are, I’d been out of the country once before I was 16 and grew up in relative poverty, so I can definitely see they get more than the average.

they are indeed very lucky children, as I said originally, it isn’t very relatable, there are probably a few who look at her what her children have and feel sad they can’t provide the same for their own.

Come on now, hands up who called it on the food and drink #ads now the kitchen’s done??! And so on brand for her, wine 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 How many times over the years has she said she doesn’t drink?! At least be authentic and not just grabbing the money money money. I’d have more respect for her if she stuck to brands that reflected her truly. A wine brand is just bs 💩

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Come on now, hands up who called it on the food and drink #ads now the kitchen’s done??! And so on brand for her, wine 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 How many times over the years has she said she doesn’t drink?! At least be authentic and not just grabbing the money money money. I’d have more respect for her if she stuck to brands that reflected her truly. A wine brand is just bs 💩
That kitchen has to be paid for somehow! She did admit they went over budget IIRC, so I almost don't blame her for taking on the extra work! Renos are soooooo expensive and they've already taken on extra debt for it.

Totally agree she can't claim that her brand is authentic after repping a wine brand.

That kitchen has to be paid for somehow! She did admit they went over budget IIRC, so I almost don't blame her for taking on the extra work! Renos are soooooo expensive and they've already taken on extra debt for it.
They didn’t need to do it though - they had a perfectly functioning kitchen and utility room already, the only “problem” was that it didn’t fit the look of the rest of the house. Whoop de do.

She’s taking money to promote something she wouldn’t buy for herself (she regularly says she has barely drunk at all since she had children), that a lot of her followers won’t be able to afford to buy anyway (looks like it’s £240 a year?), to pay off a heap of debt they intentionally accrued putting in an extension THEY DIDN'T NEED.

They already have a playroom, lounge, dining room and conservatory, so plenty of places to sit as a family. It’s just greed.

• Heart
I must admit that I also do the same for my children, I ask for vouchers for themeparks/waterparks/cake decorating classes/build a bear etc as I think its more beneficial to them, like Katies children though, they are privileged. However, we take our children, no family offer to take ours out for the day to do this so this struck me more that they are lucky rather than the material wealth or the money spent.

They didn’t need to do it though - they had a perfectly functioning kitchen and utility room already, the only “problem” was that it didn’t fit the look of the rest of the house. Whoop de do.

She’s taking money to promote something she wouldn’t buy for herself (she regularly says she has barely drunk at all since she had children), that a lot of her followers won’t be able to afford to buy anyway (looks like it’s £240 a year?), to pay off a heap of debt they intentionally accrued putting in an extension THEY DIDN'T NEED.

They already have a playroom, lounge, dining room and conservatory, so plenty of places to sit as a family. It’s just greed.
Totally agree!!
I've always maintained that the house was more than adequate for a family of five without walls needing to be knocked down. The glass box was practical and has given them a huge footprint. I really do think the speed of this renovation was "influenced " by a need for content and a little house envy.

I'm kinda glad she's advertising wine now because all her defenders won't be able to argue that she's "authentic" or not money hungry. She's exactly the same as the rest. AND I wouldn't trust her opinion on wine because she doesn't drink it!! 😂😂

• Haha
She has always always said she only chooses brands that are a good fit for her and her family. She must have said she doesn’t drink about a million times .... now she is promoting wine, breakfast cereal...

• Angry
Reactions: 7

I totally agree with a lot of these comments here about the kids being very privileged.
I wonder how much Maddies football club costs too 🤔 I’ve a feeling it’ll be a lot more expensive than the average local kids football club.
She says they don’t get lots of presents for birthdays or Christmas but they more than make up for it with their big flashy holidays. They’re not even a holiday to Spain! I’ve not even got my kids abroad yet and I’d love to. Katie used to be relatable but not when there’s several holidays to Florida, holiday to Dubai blah blah blah! They are holidays of a lifetime to most. Yes, a lifetime Katie!!
As lots of you say, family members being asked to pay for ‘experiences’ do cost more. They must have a very rich family.
The kids don’t get much for birthdays/Christmas because they either get them through the year. I mean, the wardrobes are always updated. Either bought or given to them for free. Let’s face it, ‘normal’ people wouldn’t do shopping hauls online because they don’t have such a disposable income to keep updating clothes, decor etc etc etc.

She has always always said she only chooses brands that are a good fit for her and her family. She must have said she doesn’t drink about a million times .... now she is promoting wine, breakfast cereal...
Katie really has stooped low now!!
Most of the time she’s whittling on about hardly drinking anything to nothing at all. Yet now she’s ‘the face of Virgin wine’!!!! She’s using Jon as the wine drinker and even throwing the line of ‘when he worked in a cocktail bar’ but I thought this was her account, not his!! She shouldnt use him as her way to get more freebies!! Yes, she and many other floggers use their kids but Jon is a big boy Katie, I think he could do it himself if he wanted... Oh silly old me, he’s not got the same following figures has he and he most probably hasn’t harped on about a new kitchen that he’s so grateful and giddy about!!!!!
Anything goes eh to pay for your kitchen!!!! 🙄

When I pressed the ‘angry’ it was to say I’m angry at Katie, not your comment. I never know how to choose those emojis 😂😂
I was certainly one person to say the food and drink #ads would start rolling in.
Oh Katie how predictable you are!!! 🙄

She definitely reads here! Comment about the hair....
I vaguely remember someone posting that she was aware of her thread.
Although I think she's more thin skinned than she lets on. Her response to that comment about disliking the layout of her kitchen was unnecessary, especially as it the commenter balanced it out by saying she loved the styling. It made her look a little petty.

I wouldn't put it past her to comment on here - I'm NOT accusing anyone just to be clear. I'm just more suspicious since the Clemmie/Alice incident. As I really doubt Clemmie is/was the only influencer posting on here.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.