Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was swamped, she answered a bunch of questions on Instagram about her kitchen.
And is now giving out snark to her '83748292' followers *eyeroll* - like why not make that story explaining what a tenement is instead of throwing shade? These morons that you sell tit to all day make your living Kate. They paid for your multiple tenement properties. Check yourself. Entitled wee madam
I went through her Instagram stories last night and I'm still none the wiser as to what a tenement is haha. She might as well be speaking double Dutch to me.

Reactions: 1
I went through her Instagram stories last night and I'm still none the wiser as to what a tenement is haha. She might as well be speaking double Dutch to me.
It’s basically just a flat lmao nothing different from a flat anyway, usually like 4 stories high, shared drying green at the back, just an old time flat, bigger than your average flat nowadays but alas a flat, think some of them ended up quite overrun and dirty back in the olden days but there’s really nothing special about them

Reactions: 5
She makes tenement sound "posh" and special but this is what a quick Google comes up with.... hahahahaha. " tenement is a building that is rented to multiple tenants, especially a low-rent, run-down one. Many tenements in Glasgow were demolished in the 1960s and 1970s because of slum conditions, overcrowding and poor maintenance of the buildings. Apartments in tenement buildings in both cities are now often highly sought after, due to their locations, often large rooms, high ceilings, ornamentation and period features. "

Kate think she is sooo busy but her day consists of going for a walk and reading. She is delusional.

Reactions: 7
I live in her area and 3 bed next door to me sold for 300k recently so that's probably why she considers them 'posh'. Not all tenements are made equal though. It all depends on the area and if they've been well maintained so the same flat could be 150k cheaper in a less sought after area.

But she should be explaining what one is to her many non scottish followers. Would take 20mins out of her super busy day. Its like its a such a bore to be asked a question.

I also think for someone with a large disposable income her interiors are quite cheap looking. All that rattan, the timber finishes in the bathroom, the cheap kitchen. She acts as if it's a high spec finish but it's really not. She also isn't the person to ask about renovations. She pays a builder to do everything and picks some colours and tiles. Anyone could do that.

Reactions: 13
Yeah, I remember this too. I also thought she was unhappy with the blue & white tiles she picked for the kitchen (she said she had picked them in a rush) but today she has said she loves them, so maybe I've misremembered that.

I'm not really sure why she bought this flat as they have barely moved in and she's already talking about moving out. It's pretty much the same as her other flat, so why not just stay there if you plan to buy again in a few years? I know she kept her other flat, so maybe she's planning on keeping this one too and also renting it out. It seems she can afford to keep buying property without first selling what she already has!
You are right I remember her saying that as well, I wonder if someone told her not to be so wasteful ripping them out and replacing them within a year of getting them

Reactions: 4
She makes tenement sound "posh" and special but this is what a quick Google comes up with.... hahahahaha. " tenement is a building that is rented to multiple tenants, especially a low-rent, run-down one. Many tenements in Glasgow were demolished in the 1960s and 1970s because of slum conditions, overcrowding and poor maintenance of the buildings. Apartments in tenement buildings in both cities are now often highly sought after, due to their locations, often large rooms, high ceilings, ornamentation and period features. "

Kate think she is sooo busy but her day consists of going for a walk and reading. She is delusional.

Ha! Kate does speak of tenement flats as if they are very grand indeed, but historically tenement flats would have been occupied by the most impoverished sections of society who often lived in slum conditions with whole families often living in just one room. Lovely high ceilings, though.

You are right I remember her saying that as well, I wonder if someone told her not to be so wasteful ripping them out and replacing them within a year of getting them
She's certainly changed her tune! The impression I'm getting from her is that they are not planning on staying in that apartment for very long at all. She keeps mentioning this. It seems very strange as they have only just moved in and she seemed in two minds about moving out of the other flat. I guess this place is just an investment for her and a little renovation project to pass the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It’s basically just a flat lmao nothing different from a flat anyway, usually like 4 stories high, shared drying green at the back, just an old time flat, bigger than your average flat nowadays but alas a flat, think some of them ended up quite overrun and dirty back in the olden days but there’s really nothing special about them
Haha thank you for explaining. Did she say it to sound special? 😹. I thought she was referring to a structural detail of the property.

Haha thank you for explaining. Did she say it to sound special? 😹. I thought she was referring to a structural detail of the property.
Yeah probably, majority of flats in and around Glasgow will be tenements but you don’t really go around saying that or I wouldn’t anyway, my friend lives in one but she’d just say “I live in a flat in town” lol

Reactions: 3
This self proclaimed tenement expert thing she has at the moment is really cringe and tiresome. She acts like she literally discovered them lol

Reactions: 6
I know.....I love mine and wouldn't swap it for a new house ever. I genuinely think hers is pretty basic, the cutesy colours just don't go with a victorian building. The kitchen and bathroom are awful. I don't get all the gushing comments on it.

Reactions: 6
I know.....I love mine and wouldn't swap it for a new house ever. I genuinely think hers is pretty basic, the cutesy colours just don't go with a victorian building. The kitchen and bathroom are awful. I don't get all the gushing comments on it.
I think you either love them or hate them ! I’m a big fan and think the worst thing they ever did was pull any down and move people to outer areas. They are fantastic flats and have lasted longer than many of the “new builds” people left them for. I suppose it depends on the area you live in and the quality of the close/neighbours.

Agreed she could have done better at explaining them on her stories...I think she just wants people to swipe up to her blog post on it

Reactions: 5
She was SO DULL on the home of the year show and it was made worse because she was alongside two amazing experts. She would just walk into a room, see velvet or gold then whisper “So opulent yeah” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She was SO DULL on the home of the year show and it was made worse because she was alongside two amazing experts. She would just walk into a room, see velvet or gold then whisper “So opulent yeah” 🤣
I remember such gems as 'love how they've put a window here, for the view' and 'you could totally change this room by painting it another colour' (some slight paraphrasing 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve heard she was a school bully and she definitely gives off that vibe imo.

When she said she wasn’t from money because she would live in a house overlooking central park not the southside was so telling, total lack of self awareness. What is she trying to say, she’s working class? No one with two homes, who “flips” flats for a living/hobby, who is a *landlord* is working class 🙄

I do like her bathroom though

Reactions: 8
I don’t understand what the issue is with someone coming from a family who have helped them out financially? Why all the speculation about her family..?

Because she has pretended she doesn't come from money, lol.
But there are different levels of “coming from money” though? I am not denying that she is privileged, but there are more privileged people than her. At least she doesn’t seem to have huge mansion and wardrobe like In the frow does.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.