Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is getting a bit much now. Its like a compulsion for her to reveal each and every private moment. Maybe one of Derek's family will have a word soon

Reactions: 10
Another day, more time to monetize her husbands illness. This woman is shameless. A work colleague of mine made me laugh yesterday when he said she's going to tell him to get back in his coma because she can make more money out him that way. LOL. I know, pretty sick. Sorry ... but it did make me chuckle. Part of me wants to forgive her because she is thick, but I know from experience that women who reach the heights of daytime TV are pretty savvy and cut-throat b1tches. I think Garraway's ditzy persona is all an act, she's no doubt quite a cool calculating character. That makes her all the more scary for me. I've never been a fan of Derek since his days in politics, but I feel a bit sorry for him ... he's being used.

What do you think? Am I being harsh on Ms Garraway?

Reactions: 7
Are these stories being pulled from her book or is she still being interviewed to plug it? I’d be interested to know if she gets paid for each interview. If she’s doing publicity for the book still then she should not be paid.

Reactions: 2
Another day, more time to monetize her husbands illness. This woman is shameless. A work colleague of mine made me laugh yesterday when he said she's going to tell him to get back in his coma because she can make more money out him that way. LOL. I know, pretty sick. Sorry ... but it did make me chuckle. Part of me wants to forgive her because she is thick, but I know from experience that women who reach the heights of daytime TV are pretty savvy and cut-throat b1tches. I think Garraway's ditzy persona is all an act, she's no doubt quite a cool calculating character. That makes her all the more scary for me. I've never been a fan of Derek since his days in politics, but I feel a bit sorry for him ... he's being used.

Yes, I think you’re being harsh. Everyone else has managed to say how they feel without the name calling and personal insults.

I agree with some of what you say and certainly my opinion of her has changed over the last few weeks. I don’t read any of the articles so I don’t know but maybe she’s not picking up the phone every 5 minutes but they’re drip feeding out interviews she has given. Or because she’s got this book out, she’s in favour just now like everyone else who releases a book is for a while.

Whether you like her or not - no disputing what side of the fence you come down on @Ndrangheta - she is popular, people like her and a lot of people do feel sorry for her. Whether that lasts much longer remains to be seen

Reactions: 15

No offence, but I would never label anyone with the word "thick" it is a really harmfull expression.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

Yes definitely being harsh on her here. She seems a very nice woman and very natural. I do think she is starting to take coverage of her husband too far now but I do not think she is an act or a cool calculating person.

Reactions: 7

Bad taste to say she wants to keep him sick, she may be extravagant in her exposure of his illness, but he still is her husband and the father of her kids.

I'm a harsh old cynic, but I think a lot of the comments in here are very uncalled for. I really like Kate; she is not in any way shape or form 'thick', she is a credible journalist and I think she comes across as very witty, good natured and someone who would probably outdrink and outsmoke us all on a night out. Yes, perhaps some of the coverage is excessive, but the poor woman has been through the wringer. Her husband is, by all intents and purposes, a shadow of his former self, pretty much a vegetable and she's got to deal with that, plus giving her kids a sense of normality and stability. I think her book and talking about it all is probably very cathartic. And it's pretty newsworthy - one of the worst cases of long Covid in the world. I'm giving her a free pass tbh. Who I'm not giving a free pass however, is her self appointed best friend Claire Nasir who pops up every 5 minutes telling us all how brave and amazing her friend is. No. Shut up.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh Kate, you're so brave. Taking photo's of your dying husband to monetize him. To use him for profit. To me it's sick. Kate is sick. Who DOES that? If my partner was dying I wouldn't be taking photo's and selling them to the media. Call me old fashioned. Call me 'old school'. I just wouldn't do that. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

He isn't dying as far as l know 🤷‍♀️ it's a case of whether he will recovery some functionality back.

Reactions: 6
Oh Kate, you're so brave. Taking photo's of your dying husband to monetize him. To use him for profit. To me it's sick. Kate is sick. Who DOES that? If my partner was dying I wouldn't be taking photo's and selling them to the media. Call me old fashioned. Call me 'old school'. I just wouldn't do that. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

He's not dying, his faculties are hugely diminished but he is not dying.
Which pictures are you referring to?

Reactions: 3
I'm a harsh old cynic, but I think a lot of the comments in here are very uncalled for. I really like Kate; she is not in any way shape or form 'thick', she is a credible journalist and I think she comes across as very witty, good natured and someone who would probably outdrink and outsmoke us all on a night out. Yes, perhaps some of the coverage is excessive, but the poor woman has been through the wringer. Her husband is, by all intents and purposes, a shadow of his former self, pretty much a vegetable and she's got to deal with that, plus giving her kids a sense of normality and stability. I think her book and talking about it all is probably very cathartic. And it's pretty newsworthy - one of the worst cases of long Covid in the world. I'm giving her a free pass tbh. Who I'm not giving a free pass however, is her self appointed best friend Claire Nasir who pops up every 5 minutes telling us all how brave and amazing her friend is. No. Shut up.
Agree with you, it is a tragic situation and it is not going to be resolved in a few days. He is having 24 hour care.... Are the nhs that good that they send a care team to your house around the clock ? when my mom had a heart attack and was released a bit too soon but the hospital needed beds, none of us lived nearby and to get a night carer to be in the house overnight not a nurse just a companion type thing in case she needed assistance we we re quoted over £300 per night. God knows what a nurse would cost overnight.

There is every possibility that Kate has to pay for some of the care that Derek is getting. Along with paying for renovations for the house... I think people are being too harsh on her altogether.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Agree with you, it is a tragic situation and it is not going to be resolved in a few days. He is having 24 hour care.... Are the nhs that good that they send a care team to your house around the clock ? when my mom had a heart attack and was released a bit too soon but the hospital needed beds, none of us lived nearby and to get a night carer to be in the house overnight not a nurse just a companion type thing in case she needed assistance we we re quoted over £300 per night. God knows what a nurse would cost overnight.

There is every possibility that Kate has to pay for some of the care that Derek is getting. Along with paying for renovations for the house... I think people are being too harsh on her altogether.
There is a rave section if you want to set one up for her?
They are millionaires. They can easily afford care - and so far there has only been mention of NHS care anyway - plus there is just no excuse for selling his dignity without his knowledge. What if he doesn’t want any of this? I wonder how people would feel if it was the other way around.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Isn’t that the company used by Megxit?
I haven't seen any Meghan pics from them, but they're often used by TOWIE and reality stars. They tip them off that they're going to be spilling out of a nightclub or frolicking on a beach in Dubai.

Reactions: 2
I haven't seen any Meghan pics from them, but they're often used by TOWIE and reality stars. They tip them off that they're going to be spilling out of a nightclub or frolicking on a beach in Dubai.
I think she used them for the recent pic of her carrying Archie. Plus the ones in Canada. It was on the Meghan and Harry threads, I didn’t know anything about them before.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.