Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't laugh but 'maybe it's because I'm a londoner' ... and my parents are baby-boomers and my grand-parents lived thru WW2, but I was always taught to deal with grief/pain privately, with dignity. Not f*cking put up bleeding-great posters around my house telling everyone that a relative was dying etc. What is it about this current narcissistic society where everyone is so keen to share in detail their woes? It's unedifying. That's my opinion anyway. As for making money out of it, well that's sick to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the over-reporting on this, it was fine earlier on but now it's just insane.

Reactions: 5
I am a massive Kate Garraway fan, I think she is great and people who have known her say similar. However the constant continuation of Derek in form of book now is getting OTT.

Nothing is off the table it seems.
he’s really being used for profit with no regard for his privacy.

10C3C2B7-8611-4C27-AEB3-D98F5A6BCB17.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I wonder if any of his other family will speak out about the continual coverage of this man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Nothing is sacred. I’m incredibly uncomfortable with the photos, a man at his most vulnerable, feels so wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Nothing is sacred. I’m incredibly uncomfortable with the photos, a man at his most vulnerable, feels so wrong.

She really just does need to stop with all this now. For some of us who've lost our loved ones and seen the state of them as they die, it's too much. She is lucky she still has him and needs to respect his privacy, the poor man.

Reactions: 14
She really just does need to stop with all this now. For some of us who've lost our loved ones and seen the state of them as they die, it's too much. She is lucky she still has him and needs to respect his privacy, the poor man.

Kate went on to say: "I carried on chatting about it, then asked him directly: 'Do you remember?' And his face started to crumple and contort in a strange way.

"'Don’t worry!' I said, 'it doesn't matter if you don't,'" she said encouragingly.

"I was concerned I was distressing him. But his face continued to crumple and I suddenly realised he was crying – actual tears streaming down his cheeks."

at what point did she think I better screen grab this moment incase there’s a book or daily Mail interview.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Kate went on to say: "I carried on chatting about it, then asked him directly: 'Do you remember?' And his face started to crumple and contort in a strange way.

"'Don’t worry!' I said, 'it doesn't matter if you don't,'" she said encouragingly.

"I was concerned I was distressing him. But his face continued to crumple and I suddenly realised he was crying – actual tears streaming down his cheeks."

at what point did she think I better screen grab this moment incase there’s a book or daily Mail interview.
How did she know at that point in time his distress wasn't him in pain starting to breathe his last? No she didn't. All about her and it's not fair. 😔

Reactions: 4

And who was taking all of these pictures of her talking to him on video? How her face is turned towards the camera, so contrived. Hopefully not her children taking them.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The only word that’s coming to mind now is, sickening.

It’s sickening how she’s exploiting him.

Can you honestly tell me she’s not getting paid and actually accepting the payments to do this? It’s exploitation. Not even like it would be a few quid for food on the table, it will be a substantial amount of money.

The same way as ‘influencers’ use their kids to make money, that’s how I’m seeing this.

Reactions: 6
I really feel for him. I’ve been life threateningly I’ll before and wasn’t conscious for a few days. I couldn’t even really speak. A member of my family was taking photos and putting them on social media. Some people found out I was seriously ill that way. It was not what I wanted, I couldn’t consent and when I tried to raise it as I recovered I was told that was how they processed trauma. So their needs far outweighed mine.
That was bad enough and it was a couple of hundred people then and anyone who searches for me now (which happens with my job. Yay.) He can never move on from this. These images and stories are everywhere. Garraway has pit it all out there for ever. He will be confronted with these images for the rest of his life.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Money. I know from personal experience how publishing-houses work. Vultures, picking-off fresh meat. Given that I am a soft-c*nt I'll give Kate the benefit of the doubt, they are circling around her. Let me tell you, any monkey (sic) can write a book, all a publisher needs is a 'name'. Trust me. The days of Hemmingway are long gone.

Reactions: 7
Money. I know from personal experience how publishing-houses work. Vultures, picking-off fresh meat. Given that I am a soft-c*nt I'll give Kate the benefit of the doubt, they are circling around her. Let me tell you, any monkey (sic) can write a book, all a publisher needs is a 'name'. Trust me. The days of Hemmingway are long gone.
Yep, for example the amount of “influencers” that get book deals nowadays is shocking - it’s the Amazon culture, sell it fast and buy it quickly. It doesn’t excuse her though in my opinion; the constant updates, photos she has taken, the documentary, the personal exchanges..that’s all her and the ££ it brings. She is constantly retweeting the sycophants, all over the tv and radio promoting the book and the one taking the personal photos. Can’t blame a publisher for that; I would guarantee she approached them.

• Sad
I would guarantee she approached them.
Really? Nah, the circles she travels in she's bound to know 'people'. I beg to differ, she comes across as dim. I admit, it could be an act. I've known plenty of intelligent women who play dumb to get what they want. I genuinely think Kate is quite thick, some suave publisher has twisted her arm. At least that's my feeling. Especially as we are living through economic turmoil, publishers will do anything to get a book deal.

I've not read them, but the vogue these days is children's books. I've not read them they may be very good. But when I saw David Walliams got a book deal my heart sunk. No wonder Hemmingway tasted cold steel and put a shotgun in his mouth. Know what I mean? I am a soft c*nt deep down and I give Kate the benefit of the doubt. I don't want to, but I will.

Reactions: 3
I see the latest is that a good recovery is that he'll be able to hold a hairbrush according to Daily Mirror.

More interestingly will be if Derek recovers- will the marriage survive? I've known people be seriously ill in hospital in life and death circumstances, only for them to recover and then divorce on the grounds that life is too short.

• Sad
I see the latest is that a good recovery is that he'll be able to hold a hairbrush according to Daily Mirror.

More interestingly will be if Derek recovers- will the marriage survive? I've known people be seriously ill in hospital in life and death circumstances, only for them to recover and then divorce on the grounds that life is too short.
Oh the marriage will survive, doncha worry about that. There's money to be made: "Derek Draper, My Struggle". "How I lived and loved a dying husband". Oh, trust me, there are thousands to made from this.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.