William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So you think people thinking William had an affair is more damaging than judgements about mental illness? Sure Jan
I told you in my experience people with depression do not laugh or look happy. As you know seeing as you’re so defensive there are many forms of depression both mild and severe. I have 3 family members suffering from depression one of whom killed himself and he certainly didn’t go around laughing and joking beforehand. Another has been Sectioned on three occasions and I never saw them laughing or joking either.

Yes it is damaging to spread these rumours of an affair. Very damaging as there are young children involved and it’s spread all over social media.

Reactions: 4
@Suzesnooze then you should be well aware how depression affects different people in different ways and it's damaging to say that someone doesn't look depressed because you saw them laugh 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 18
So every happy person is depressed in your view? 🙄

Back on track...she’s not depressed and there is no affair.

I told you in my experience people with depression do not laugh or look happy. As you know seeing as you’re so defensive there are many forms of depression both mild and severe. I have 3 family members suffering from depression one of whom killed himself and he certainly didn’t go around laughing and joking beforehand. Another has been Sectioned on three occasions and I never saw them laughing or joking either.

Yes it is damaging to spread these rumours of an affair. Very damaging as there are young children involved and it’s spread all over social media.
just in response to this, I am diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. I self harm and have tried to commit suicide multiple times. Very few people know I suffer because when I am with others I put on a brave face, smile and be happy. These comments are very judgemental and behind reasons why when I do reach out some people don't believe me. It may be different from the people you know but such generalisations is damaging and adding to stigma

• Heart
Reactions: 43
My point was that someone who lives a high profile life and who has supposedly just found out her husband has been having an affair with her best friend is not going to be able to put on a happy persona in full public view. That is nothing to do with depression like the poster I was responding to accused her of suffering from. If someone has just found out their marriage is a lie and her husband has cheated I can’t see them being able to maintain this public front in full view of media and ‘all eyes on her’. As we saw from Princess Diana, she couldn’t maintain it and always looked unhappy and tearful. My original point being that Kate never looks like this therefore to say she looks depressed and unhealthy is an inaccurate description of her.

Reactions: 2
Still don’t believe a word of this story mainly because William and Kate always look so happy together. I can’t see him shagging her best friend while she was pregnant and have never seen Kate looking unhappy since she’s supposed to have found out.

I think you're being incredibly naive, its well known that William and Kate had a rocky relationship from the start and she was never his first choice, hence why he waited so long to marry her. Also these people have media training endlessly to ensure that they always look happy to the outside world to avoid tabloid scrutiny, Kate wouldn't let herself be pictured looking miserable at events because she knows she would face a telling off for it. Your posts about Meghan are also very harsh in my opinion, I'm not her biggest fan either but to imply her PR team orchestrated this situation against the future king of England is a ridiculous claim, and surely her management has changed since marrying into the Royal family, its very unlikely that she would have her own separate PR team.

And why are you so insistent that there is no affair if you don't mind me asking? Do you work for Kensington Palace lol

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think you're being incredibly naive, its well known that William and Kate had a rocky relationship from the start and she was never his first choice, hence why he waited so long to marry her. Also these people have media training endlessly to ensure that they always look happy to the outside world to avoid tabloid scrutiny, Kate wouldn't let herself be pictured looking miserable at events because she knows she would face a telling off for it. Your posts about Meghan are also very harsh in my opinion, I'm not her biggest fan either but to imply her PR team orchestrated this situation against the future king of England is a ridiculous claim, and surely her management has changed since marrying into the Royal family, its very unlikely that she would have her own separate PR team.

And why are you so insistent that there is no affair if you don't mind me asking? Do you work for Kensington Palace lol
We're not the ones implying Meghan is behind leaking the story. We started talking about it after I posted this blind item https://blindgossip.com/why-she-stayed-home/ I believe it because so many stories on Blindgossip turned out to be true, Ben Affleck's addiction and affairs, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie drama and the list goes on.
Truth is, right before William cheating rumours started, so many people were talking about Meghan's sex tape, fast forward to William cheating and sex tape topic was dropped, so I really think saying it was only a coincidence would be extremely naive.

Reactions: 5

You’re the naive one and how immature to suggest I work for Kensington Palace 🙄

Do a bit more research into Meghan and her ‘friends’ in high places. My comments were not harsh at all and if you read the full thread another poster stated where the rumours came from.

It’s not well known Kate and William had a rocky relationship. Far from it. They split up once in their 20’s for about 6 weeks. Happens to a lot of couples.

Reactions: 6

Do a bit more research into Meghan and her ‘friends’ in high places. My comments were not harsh at all and if you read the full thread another poster stated where the rumours came from.

It’s not well known Kate and William had a rocky relationship. Far from it. They split up once in their 20’s for about 6 weeks. Happens to a lot of couples.

It wasn’t a serious suggestion but merely a joke, I doubt anyone who works for Kensington palace would be on tattle defending the couple.

I will look up these “friends” in high places but I’m sure that William has “friends” in higher places that would make Meghans quiver if they were to break a story like this.

The theory I believe is that William has had an affair, whether it be one night or a short fling (I doubt it’s anything more serious than that) whilst Kate was pregnant with their last child, and upon Kate finding out, she demanded that this mistress of his be shunned from their social circle which the mistress didnt like so she leaked the story to the press or other sources herself. To deflect from the rumours, William has allowed the media to up their scrutiny of Meghan so that the rumours will be overlooked and Harry knows this hence their recent “falling out”.

It could be very possible that Meghan’s “friends” have jumped on the William affair rumour as a form of revenge for the bullying she has faced for months from the tabloids, but personally I don’t believe they started the story.

It wasn’t a serious suggestion but merely a joke, I doubt anyone who works for Kensington palace would be on tattle defending the couple.

I will look up these “friends” in high places but I’m sure that William has “friends” in higher places that would make Meghans quiver if they were to break a story like this.

The theory I believe is that William has had an affair, whether it be one night or a short fling (I doubt it’s anything more serious than that) whilst Kate was pregnant with their last child, and upon Kate finding out, she demanded that this mistress of his be shunned from their social circle which the mistress didnt like so she leaked the story to the press or other sources herself. To deflect from the rumours, William has allowed the media to up their scrutiny of Meghan so that the rumours will be overlooked and Harry knows this hence their recent “falling out”.

It could be very possible that Meghan’s “friends” have jumped on the William affair rumour as a form of revenge for the bullying she has faced for months from the tabloids, but personally I don’t believe they started the story

• Heart
Reactions: 7

It could be very possible that Meghan’s “friends” have jumped on the William affair rumour as a form of revenge for the bullying she has faced for months from the tabloids, but personally I don’t believe they started the story
"William has allowed the media to up their scrutiny of Meghan so that the rumours will be overlooked and Harry knows this hence their recent “falling out”"

I don't know where people have got this idea from that William has such control of the media. How has he allowed them to do anything? Does that mean he's stopped them in the past? :unsure::LOL:

Back when William and Kate were dating, he got his team to send a certain columnist (IIRC it was Jan Moir) a letter to ask her to back off on Kate. Every week she was writing mean stuff about her & they wanted her to stop dragging her through the mud. Safe to say she didnt listen and wrote a sarcastic article in response.

Then of course, Harry wrote that letter to the media to ask them to back off Meghan in 2016. And that hasn't worked either.

The angle of this rumour that it's somehow up to William to defend Meghan is odd to me. Before William was married he and Harry were under Charles' office. Yet Charles didnt ask newspapers to leave Kate alone, Will did. After Will married, he became the head of the Kensington Palace office, yet it was Harry who wrote the letter to the media.

But now all of a sudden - when they have seperated and the Sussexes are under the Buckinham Palace office - William is supposed to be the one going to the media and defending his sister in law.

Think about it for a second - why on earth would William be responsible for that when Harry has the ability and resources to do it himself. Why not blame the Queen for allowing it, as she's head of BP?

If Sophie is being dragged over something, should we expect Charles to go to the media about it, not Edward?

Btw, I say this all as someone who likes Meghan. I dont believe either couples are selling each other out.

Last edited:
There’s lots we don’t know but one thing we can say for sure is William and Harry completely ignored each other at that Easter Sunday service. It was in front of the worlds press, there’s no denying it. Which would suggest a rift over something. But it could have just been a minor squabble over what to watch on TV as much as that it was about Williams affair, or Meghan.

Reactions: 1
Oh dear. Everyone hates Meghan but no one hates will ... Who maybe had the affair....

Reactions: 6
Anyone else watch their thing with Mary Berry last night? They certainly came across better than the other two.

Approachable. Tick
Funny. Tick
Kind. Tick
Not making it all about them. Tick.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Didn’t see all of it, but what I did see, they both came across so well. I’m glad it’s them who are going to be King and Queen in future not Harry and Meghan.

Reactions: 10
I watched this & must say I was surprised at just how interested they are in the charities they work with! I think Kate especially is very hands-on, involved & came across very well. I probably thought they swan in, shake a few hands, smile for the cameras & swan out again but they seemed to have a good rapport with the people there. I think they’re a credit to the Monarchy, the Queen must be very proud.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.