Karlakartistry

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And therein lies the problem. Sorry, couldn’t help myself.
The only episode I've enjoyed that had a guest was the skincare lady. The topic this week was interesting in as far as I want to learn more and do better around "fat phobia" and "body positivity" but I couldn't stand the guests accent. She kept drawling out her words in an overly protracted way. IMO it was a painful listen.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I really enjoyed the podcast, they raised awareness about fat phobia etc but didn't really tackle the issue in any great depth. I follow Jess on Instagram and she is a breath of fresh air 😊

Reactions: 7
Really enjoyed Simone's episode (bought the Farmacy AHA serum off Karla's recommendation, and already seeing a difference 👏🏻). I thought the fatphobia episode was great (aside from Karla saying therein lies the problem 50 times 😂). The difference between their good episodes and their poor ones, is the relevancy of the topic to them, I think anyway. Karla is able to speak passionately on makeup, skincare, and her experiences of fatphobia and being a plus size woman. I found Jen great during the housing crisis episodes because she was speaking from a place of struggling to get a deposit together, etc, and gave good advice on the different schemes available.

I think they need to go back to the drawing board if they want to keep the podcast going, and keep the topics relevant to their lives if possible. It's only natural that an episode on Lent, of all fecking things, will be boring.

Reactions: 9
Really enjoyed Simone's episode (bought the Farmacy AHA serum off Karla's recommendation, and already seeing a difference 👏🏻). I thought the fatphobia episode was great (aside from Karla saying therein lies the problem 50 times 😂). The difference between their good episodes and their poor ones, is the relevancy of the topic to them, I think anyway. Karla is able to speak passionately on makeup, skincare, and her experiences of fatphobia and being a plus size woman. I found Jen great during the housing crisis episodes because she was speaking from a place of struggling to get a deposit together, etc, and gave good advice on the different schemes available.

I think they need to go back to the drawing board if they want to keep the podcast going, and keep the topics relevant to their lives if possible. It's only natural that an episode on Lent, of all fecking things, will be boring.
Very good feedback and I agree. I think a lot of people thought they could start a podcast with no clear goals and just rattle off as if they were having a debate at 3am with a few pints in. Sticking their fingers in all the pies, jack of all trades and master of none. Listeners want the hosts to be interested in the topic, represent it well and be prepared with facts and knowledge. Sometimes the girls just come on so ill prepared it does such a disservice to the more serious topics.

Reactions: 5

Really good point!! And there are prob lots of other topics they would be invested in too.

Love the podcast and I like both ladies but I despise all the grammatical errors and words used out of context. FYI Karla, the expression quelle surprise is used in a sarcastic sense not used when something is actually surprising 🤪

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know who the person regurgitating Karla’s content on Instagram is? She had a tweet up about it and apparently plenty of followers notice it but I can’t figure out who it is?

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know who the person regurgitating Karla’s content on Instagram is? She had a tweet up about it and apparently plenty of followers notice it but I can’t figure out who it is?
She's said it a few times she's the only mua I follow so no clue who else is similar

Just my 2cents on the Image discussion.

I’ve been using it for roughly 10 years and definitely works for me. Any time I’ve tried other things I always notice a positive change when I go back. It was first recommended to me by a dermatologist I was seeing for various treatments.

Anyway- just to point out that Image themselves don’t have some peculiar fascination with Ireland. They’re sold here by a distributor called Renaissance Skincare who also do Yonka and a few other brands. They’re the ones manning the image Ireland social media platforms and placing product in the hands of influencers. It seems to me that Renaissance have bet big on Image and their distributors in other countries are just less aggressive or favour other products for whatever reason.

Personally I’m very happy with the products even if I’m not a fan of the sales approach by Renaissance.

Gracey O’Connell talking about the importance of cleaning your brushes? She threw shade at her before over her talking about RHOBH on her stories cos it was an old show apparently and Karla had completed it aaaages ago. 🙄

Reactions: 4
Gracey O’Connell talking about the importance of cleaning your brushes? She threw shade at her before over her talking about RHOBH on her stories cos it was an old show apparently and Karla had completed it aaaages ago. 🙄
oh yeah I’d say you’re spot on, I just looked her up there and the makeup look is quite similar including the use of the smashbox eye paint things. But she looks a fair bit younger than Karla so maybe she just looks up to her more so than copying her 🤷🏻‍♀️ Can see how it would be a bit annoying though

Yeah that’s who I’m thinking. They’d be quite similar personality wise from what I can see on Twitter. In a good way, like funny and opinionated. I don’t see a any major rip offs going on though and I don’t think it’s a good look to be throwing shade at any younger up and comings who might just be ‘influenced’ by your work. Also think it’s strange that she doesn’t seem very supportive of other Irish MUAs like Keilidh who is a huge success story. She kind of slated her pallet when it came out. Odd.

Reactions: 4
I do find Karla very funny and always trust her reviews but I’d be very shocked if she did show support for people more successful than her. She can be very critical and doesn’t really like the thought of anyone being better than her, she is the authority on all things beauty and makeup in her eyes.
But anyways I’m looking forward to seeing what topic they’ve thought up for today’s pod, if it’s TUO on Easter I’m done with them

Reactions: 6
I do find Karla very funny and always trust her reviews but I’d be very shocked if she did show support for people more successful than her. She can be very critical and doesn’t really like the thought of anyone being better than her, she is the authority on all things beauty and makeup in her eyes.
But anyways I’m looking forward to seeing what topic they’ve thought up for today’s pod, if it’s TUO on Easter I’m done with them
lolling here please god no I can hear the Wikipedia intro already ‘Easter is a Christian holiday ...’

Reactions: 3
Forgive me for not knowing how podcasts work, but what's delayed it nearly 12 hours now? I bet they never drop the paytreon eps late 😏

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.