Just found out I’m pregnant before starting IVF! Cute ideas to tell people.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi I’ve just found out today that me and my husband are expecting a baby after 3 years of trying! We were due to start IVF in the New Year and are thrilled!

I want to yell it from the rooftops but my husband thinks we should wait until we are 12 weeks (I think I am around 4 weeks atm).

I would still love to tell at least my parents as I really want my mums advice etc as this is my first pregnancy. Does anyone have any sweet ideas on how to break it to them that they are finally going to be grandparents?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
CONGRATULATIONS ✨

That is wonderful news, i dont know you but I am so very happy for you.

I am sure they will be absolutley thrilled however you decide to tell them, expect lots of joyful tears - i cannot wait to be a nanna so am getting teary for you and your mum!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Someone in my family struggled to conceive and they have no long had a baby and I cried massive tears of joy when they told me as it was something I had hope would happen for them. I am sure your family will be exactly the same x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi I’ve just found out today that me and my husband are expecting a baby after 3 years of trying! We were due to start IVF in the New Year and are thrilled!

I want to yell it from the rooftops but my husband thinks we should wait until we are 12 weeks (I think I am around 4 weeks atm).

I would still love to tell at least my parents as I really want my mums advice etc as this is my first pregnancy. Does anyone have any sweet ideas on how to break it to them that they are finally going to be grandparents?
Congratulations! Fantastic news! I have heard so many similar stories, it’s lovely to hear as my husband to be and I embark on our own fertility journey!

I’d say shout it from the rooftops now if you want to! It’s your baby and your decision. My brother and sis in law did a very casual family dinner, they then handed us a tray of glazed Krispy cremes and it wasn’t until we saw the wording that it said ‘Aunty’ ‘Uncle’ and ‘gran’ to my mum. It was such a shock and we all burst into tears!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Congratulations! I didn't wait till 12 weeks for any of mine as I was sick by 6 weeks so it was just obvious 😂

• Heart
congratulations 🥳
Get a vest printed saying “how would you like to be grandparents (again if they have some already) and put the month your due on it on the back.. we used a t shirt on my little boy to tell people

• Heart
Congratulations!!!!!

take a photo of the pregnancy test, print it out, frame it and wrap it for them and then get them to unwrap it!!! What a lovely Christmas gift for them!!!! 💗💗💗

• Heart
Congratulations! What amazing news for you all 🥰

Pinterest have some really cute ideas on ways to tell loved ones that you are pregnant.

Please keep us all update (I bloody love pregnancy news!)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Congratulations!
I got pregnant after trying for ages and was so happy and excited and told my mum, but told her to keep it a secret! Of course she told everyone and then I had a miscarriage! So I vowed never again! Currently 35 week's pregnant and I only told them at 11 weeks.

• Sad
Congratulations!!

Places like the crafty giraffe and not on the High Street online do cups that say 'the best Mums get promoted to grandma' I always thought that was a cute way of telling a parent theyre gonna be a grandparent.

• Heart
Congratulations! Fantastic news! I have heard so many similar stories, it’s lovely to hear as my husband to be and I embark on our own fertility journey!

I’d say shout it from the rooftops now if you want to! It’s your baby and your decision. My brother and sis in law did a very casual family dinner, they then handed us a tray of glazed Krispy cremes and it wasn’t until we saw the wording that it said ‘Aunty’ ‘Uncle’ and ‘gran’ to my mum. It was such a shock and we all burst into tears!! Xx
Thank you! It’s been a tough journey but we got there in the end. We started using the fertility app Flo, seemed to really help me so I would recommend looking at that.

I couldn’t trust myself with Krispy Kremes atm-I’d face plant them 😂x

Congratulations! I didn't wait till 12 weeks for any of mine as I was sick by 6 weeks so it was just obvious 😂
Tbh I don’t think I could keep this a secret for the 12 weeks haha

Thank you all so much for your kind replies! I had visitors drop in and had to keep quiet about everything which was torture!

I’ve looked at some ideas online but not sure I can keep quiet long enough for anything to be delivered 😂x

Ah huge congratulations that's wonderful news. Hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy. Xx
Thank you that is very kind of you x

CONGRATULATIONS ✨

That is wonderful news, i dont know you but I am so very happy for you.

I am sure they will be absolutley thrilled however you decide to tell them, expect lots of joyful tears - i cannot wait to be a nanna so am getting teary for you and your mum!
Thank you! I’m contemplating telling them on Halloween and asking if they want a trick or treat. Trick-IVF is cancelled. Treat-your going to be grandparents and give them something to unwrap x

Someone in my family struggled to conceive and they have no long had a baby and I cried massive tears of joy when they told me as it was something I had hope would happen for them. I am sure your family will be exactly the same x
Thank you for this, I’d heard of stories of people falling pregnant before they started treatment but never ever thought I’d be one of them x

Congratulations!
I got pregnant after trying for ages and was so happy and excited and told my mum, but told her to keep it a secret! Of course she told everyone and then I had a miscarriage! So I vowed never again! Currently 35 week's pregnant and I only told them at 11 weeks.
Congratulations to you too! I’m sorry about your loss. I am scared of telling people incase of anything happening so I think I’ll keep it to parents and possibly my sisters.

congratulations 🥳
Get a vest printed saying “how would you like to be grandparents (again if they have some already) and put the month your due on it on the back.. we used a t shirt on my little boy to tell people
I have a dog so I could squeeze her into a little t shirt 😂

Congratulations!!!!!

take a photo of the pregnancy test, print it out, frame it and wrap it for them and then get them to unwrap it!!! What a lovely Christmas gift for them!!!! 💗💗💗
I really like this idea!x

Congratulations! What amazing news for you all 🥰

Pinterest have some really cute ideas on ways to tell loved ones that you are pregnant.

Please keep us all update (I bloody love pregnancy news!)
Aww thank you. I’m going to check out pinterest tonight. Our guests have gone so I don’t need to pretend everything is normal anymore 😂

Congratulations!!

Places like the crafty giraffe and not on the High Street online do cups that say 'the best Mums get promoted to grandma' I always thought that was a cute way of telling a parent theyre gonna be a grandparent.
This is my plan for this evening 😍 just need to see if I can hold on long enough for items to be delivered before I cave and tell my mum 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Found out I was pregnant this week 2 years ago. Wrote on a pumpkin in gold pen “Our little pumpkin due July 2018”. Very basic I know 😂.

• Heart
🥳 Congratulations! What wonderful news 😍😍😍 I also hear a lot of stories like yours 😍 I think it’s the relaxation knowing your getting the help you need then, bam, pregnant 😍

Please can I ask why you had been referred for IVF? only if you don’t mind me being extremely nosy and personal 🙈🙈
I have PCOS and been trying for 11 months and will soon be getting referred to a fertility clinic in the mind of IVF, so I was just wondering if you have any complications? Ive looked into the flo app but obviously my cycles are just so random, tracking ovulation is near impossible.

Xx

• Heart
Congratulations! The same thing happened to me and my husband. We tried for 3 years before being sent for tests. Turns out I had PCOS and he had a low count. We did all the tests and was awaiting out first consultation when we found out. I thought I was around 6 weeks but when I got to the midwife, she said I was 9 and I had my first scan 3 weeks later. So you're probably a bit furtner than you think. Despite it being very early days for me, the first thing I did was call my parents lol my now son, was and still is there only grandchild so they were over the moon! It's an excitement you just can't contain. I think waiting is now a myth!

• Heart
🥳 Congratulations! What wonderful news 😍😍😍 I also hear a lot of stories like yours 😍 I think it’s the relaxation knowing your getting the help you need then, bam, pregnant 😍

Please can I ask why you had been referred for IVF? only if you don’t mind me being extremely nosy and personal 🙈🙈
I have PCOS and been trying for 11 months and will soon be getting referred to a fertility clinic in the mind of IVF, so I was just wondering if you have any complications? Ive looked into the flo app but obviously my cycles are just so random, tracking ovulation is near impossible.

Xx
Completely agree with you, it really did take a lot of stress off my shoulders knowing that we would be starting IVF soon.

We got referred at first as I was told that I had PCOS. I had blood tests at the fertility clinic which showed that I was ovulating and had a good egg count so the consultant then told me he wasn’t convinced I had PCOS. Booked in for a laprasocpy and they found that I have endometriosis not PCOS.

The consultant said that we could be referred for IVF and bam 9 weeks later we found out I’m pregnant.

The Flo app I can’t rate high enough, if you have all the dates of your previous cycles just pop them in. I just used the free version and didn’t subscribe for the additional info they can provide. You can track loads of other stuff including basal temp which could be more helpful to you if you aren’t ovulating on a regular basis. To be honest it was because I had tracked things I noticed that I wasn’t following the same pattern as previously.

I have my fingers crossed for you and hope you get your bfp soon xx

• Heart
Aww CONGRATULATIONS!! What amazing news!! This literally happened to me and my husband, we were due to begin IVF in October 2017 and I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks before after 5 years of trying. I'm so so happy for you, I know exactly how you must be feeling now.

• Heart
Completely agree with you, it really did take a lot of stress off my shoulders knowing that we would be starting IVF soon.

We got referred at first as I was told that I had PCOS. I had blood tests at the fertility clinic which showed that I was ovulating and had a good egg count so the consultant then told me he wasn’t convinced I had PCOS. Booked in for a laprasocpy and they found that I have endometriosis not PCOS.

The consultant said that we could be referred for IVF and bam 9 weeks later we found out I’m pregnant.

The Flo app I can’t rate high enough, if you have all the dates of your previous cycles just pop them in. I just used the free version and didn’t subscribe for the additional info they can provide. You can track loads of other stuff including basal temp which could be more helpful to you if you aren’t ovulating on a regular basis. To be honest it was because I had tracked things I noticed that I wasn’t following the same pattern as previously.

I have my fingers crossed for you and hope you get your bfp soon xx
Thank you so much 💗
So excited for you!! 😍😍