Just found out I’m pregnant before starting IVF! Cute ideas to tell people.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations! The same thing happened to me and my husband. We tried for 3 years before being sent for tests. Turns out I had PCOS and he had a low count. We did all the tests and was awaiting out first consultation when we found out. I thought I was around 6 weeks but when I got to the midwife, she said I was 9 and I had my first scan 3 weeks later. So you're probably a bit furtner than you think. Despite it being very early days for me, the first thing I did was call my parents lol my now son, was and still is there only grandchild so they were over the moon! It's an excitement you just can't contain. I think waiting is now a myth!
Awwww that’s wonderful! I bet he is the apple of their eyes. My baby (that still sounds sooooooo strange to say 🙊) will be my parents first grandchild and my husbands parents second.

My husband is defo in the “lets wait 12 weeks” club. I’m like nooooooo lets tell some people!🤣

Aww CONGRATULATIONS!! What amazing news!! This literally happened to me and my husband, we were due to begin IVF in October 2017 and I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks before after 5 years of trying. I'm so so happy for you, I know exactly how you must be feeling now.
It’s amazing to hear of other women this has happened to! I never thought it would be me though, I’m still in shock 😍

I’ll phone the IVF clinic and get my name taken off the wait list today. It does feel really good knowing that another couple can start their treatment just that little bit sooner now.x

Congratulations! 🥰🥰
Thank you! I woke up this morning and thought omg I’m pregnant!😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Awww congratulations!! That is amazing news. I do like the stuff that says all best parents are promoted to grandparents!! I think it’s so cute.

we’re currently 10 weeks pregnant using my friend as a surrogate after 4 years of IVF, £40,000 of NHS treatment , £30,000 of our own money and 7 embryo transfers.
Everyone knows we’re pregnant - I know we wait 12 weeks in the uk and I don’t know why. There’s actually a big thing going on in the Instagram ivf community about how women need support more than ever if they have miscarriages before 12 weeks - and by not telling people and then if something bad happens that woman then has to deal with her feelings in private. I would personally tell people.
I’m not buying anything till at least 30 plus weeks though. Going through such a traumatic ivf experience has defo scarred me - I won’t believe it until my babies in my arms.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Huge, massive congratulations💝 however you choose to deliver your amazing news I'm sure your mum's going to ecstatic❣xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Awww congratulations!! That is amazing news. I do like the stuff that says all best parents are promoted to grandparents!! I think it’s so cute.

we’re currently 10 weeks pregnant using my friend as a surrogate after 4 years of IVF, £40,000 of NHS treatment , £30,000 of our own money and 7 embryo transfers.
Everyone knows we’re pregnant - I know we wait 12 weeks in the uk and I don’t know why. There’s actually a big thing going on in the Instagram ivf community about how women need support more than ever if they have miscarriages before 12 weeks - and by not telling people and then if something bad happens that woman then has to deal with her feelings in private. I would personally tell people.
I’m not buying anything till at least 30 plus weeks though. Going through such a traumatic ivf experience has defo scarred me - I won’t believe it until my babies in my arms.
Congratulations on your baby too! I have my fingers crossed that your baby will be in your arms before you know it!x

I agree with telling people so you have a support network around you if anything were to happen. I told my husband that I would rather have a few weeks of wonderful and joy with my family rather than them never knowing if anything bad happens.

Huge, massive congratulations💝 however you choose to deliver your amazing news I'm sure your mum's going to ecstatic❣xx
Thank you! I think we may be telling them tomorrow or Friday 😍x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Congrats! Amazing news, hope everything goes well with your pregnancy x

I was in a similar boat a couple of years ago. We finally fell pregnant after 4 years trying on the cycle before starting ivf. Told only our parents pretty much straight after we found out and then I miscarried at 7 weeks, which was then really hard telling them. Looking back on it now I’m glad we told them only and not anyone else as it was nice to have some support.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We told my parents last night, they were thrilled!

I decided to put a blanket inside a beautiful wicker basket with some baby items and tied a massive bunch of white, baby pink and blue helium balloons to the handle. I also popped in a little framed poem about a new grandchild. When they had seen the basket I gave them a frame with a picture of the tests to open up.

My mum clocked what was going on as soon as she walked into the room, my dad not so much, bless 😂 his face was a picture when they unwrapped the frame!

Two very happy grandparents to be!

Congrats! Amazing news, hope everything goes well with your pregnancy x

I was in a similar boat a couple of years ago. We finally fell pregnant after 4 years trying on the cycle before starting ivf. Told only our parents pretty much straight after we found out and then I miscarried at 7 weeks, which was then really hard telling them. Looking back on it now I’m glad we told them only and not anyone else as it was nice to have some support.
Thank you! I am nervous about if anything bad happens but I am so much happier and relaxed now that my parents know.x

• Heart
Reactions: 8