Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rosiepie

VIP Member
So she is claiming to love small companies that produce their own items. Oh SJ you only like them because they are FREE. You also like John Lewis (HUGE RETAILER) who furnish your rooms full of furniture for free, you love companies who can give you free flooring, you are happy to produce a cooking video for Tesco because they pay you, £1000 outdoor log burners, indoor log burners, free artwork, HelloFresh, you are even happy to be PAID A FEE to promote a hunger CHARITY through ASDA who you don’t even shop with 😡 ..and the list goes on and on! Where’s your expensive vitamin tea gone that you were trying to flog and even hinted it may help during the pandemic 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Only saw you recommending it when it was an AD. Not to be seen again! No morals - no values. SJ and the instamums are all the same. They only recommend or share because they’ve been paid to or gifted for free. I’d have more respect for her if she said that she had actually paid for HelloFresh and shared why she liked it so much. It would mean a lot more, than when she only talks about it for an AD.
She’s also clearly wealthy enough - why not give to refuges/ charities? Give bikes to children who don’t already have one? Donate instead of taking stuff all the time? It becomes like an endless shopping channel. Stop the swipe ups- just share information for free. To think I actually liked her account when she first started it. I don’t follow SJ anymore, but will still say my bit on tattle, because I believe social media can be damaging to people’s mental health and we need to have that debate about what influencers are doing and how they can have a negative effect. If we don’t discuss it then nothing will ever change. I’m thinking of the younger generation who will grow up thinking this is all ok. Growing up with an air of entitlement. Thinking it’s normal to document everything about daily life, and to rely on the validations of others. People thinking they must buy something, or they want to aspire to have a lifestyle like SJs and feel inadequate. I want my children to work for their success, be their own person, think for themselves, and help others - choosing inspirational role models to look up to, not mums on insta who couldn’t give a crap about you.
I am also totally against these mums using their children for content and to help them promote goods or services. If a child is too young to have a social media account, I think they should not be flaunted online for strangers to view and comment on. Let them be. Give them their privacy. Justalittlethought......

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Jlucy4370

SJ: Me?, oh I'm an interior designer on Instagram

Me: Oh how lovely..... me?, oh I'm a soldier on Call of Duty

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Jujumumu

Long time lurker here. Have been following JALB for many years and frankly find the account pointless for the last year or so. A new project will at lease provide some interest! I am quite interested in peoples’ views and assumptions on her husband’s salary vs lifestyle. I would never share this info IRL but my husband does earn 7figs (significant part goes to tax man). I don’t feel we live an extravagant lifestyle. Nice house, nice car, nice holidays and no money worries granted - but our kids go to local school, I often buy second hand items for the kids and myself. For those imagining 7 figures means a life of utter luxury this isn’t the case for anyone sensible and with a view to long term financial planning. Just my two cents!
Edit to add: totally agree that the freebies etc are excessive - she absolutely can afford them and should be donating them 😑

Reactions: 17

U Wot

I had to unfollow a long while ago. Once the sneaky ads started that was the end for me. She’s better at disclosure now but the fact that she tried to conceal them initially wound me up. She’s too 50s housewife for me, with her pride in “dressing” the table, the trays of drinks for dinner parties and the deference to her “hubby”. The 40th party with the masks made my toes curl and the fact that they are minted but still getting brands to furnish their second home in Cornwall with furniture and log burners made me feel an unhealthy sense of rage for how Instagram rewards the already entitled. I found myself hate watching which isn’t a good place for either of us. I loved her feed to start with when it was just about her build but now it has been monetised it has lost all appeal.

Reactions: 16

Igglepiggle531

Whatever he earns. Or whatever they choose to put in this new house. It’ll still be JUST A LITTLE BLAND.
Sorry but she’s bored and boring and no real sense of style. I’d rather follow someone with natural flair for design. I am baffled why so many followers. Yes nice kitchen. But just that. Nice !
Just a little bland should def be the new thread title 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15

#previouslygifted

Chatty Member
Wtaf is that reel of random influencers smiling? Why would a bunch of smug, wealthy, all white people smiling brighten our day? Is it like... ‘you may have lost your job or a loved one but look... we’re all doing well, aren’t you happy?’.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She touched upon it several posts/stories back, about her having health issues and tests to be done. This was when she went awol for a couple of weeks. We have also discussed it here.

Personally, I don’t care for instagrammers or influencers discussing their health issues on social media, even for content purposes. At some point there must be a line drawn between your public and private life. Evidently, she doesn’t think so...maybe she’s wanting sympathy? Commiseration? attention?
I agree, the fact she is willing to share she has had biopsies and procedures done but not willing to share what for is a giveaway that this is in fact for content/engagement. Worry gullible followers and then hope that they keep checking in or that people follow her to find out if she is okay or to find out why. Very clever, very sneaky.

Personally I wouldn’t share anything with anyone if I didn’t want to tell them what I had wrong with me or suspected to have wrong with me. I’d either share it all or not share it at all. You can’t share the biopsy part then call everyone nosey for asking what’s wrong which in her case I reckon that’s what’s happening here.

This behaviour is no different from some idiot checking into the hospital on Facebook and all their friends replying “you ok hun?” “What’s wrong hun?” And then replying “PM YOU BABE” Absolutely infuriating and the epitome of attention seeking.

• Heart

Nellyboy

Honestly they look like a load of pikeys walking down the lane like that. Who the hell do they think they are. Not a bit classy - shall we put them in the orchard? Shut up ffs and be a bit humble. 60000 people have lost their lives to corona this year. Go and do something for your community you selfish lot 😬😬

Lol hubby just said. Should we not put the ponies in the Orchard 😏
🙄🙄

• Haha

swipeup

VIP Member
She's on stories today saying she's going to photograph her boy's bedroom for some sort of blog post. I feel so sad for these insta kids who have their bedrooms plastered all over social media for tens of thousands of strangers to gawk at, just so mummy can flog a #gifted duvet. Kids bedrooms should be a place of safety and security for them where they can go and play and read and sleep and just be themselves, but instead they're being used as insta fodder. I can't begin to imagine being a kid and some random stranger knowing what your bedroom looks like, what sort of bedding you've got, what books you're ready. It's really worrying.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
The moaning about leat house was insensitive. They bought that house outright for almost £1m as a holiday home. She's bagged thousands of pounds worth of freebies for it, many times over. She lives in a million pound house. Yet she compares herself to genuine self employed people struggling to put food on the table. She really is tone deaf. No humility or connection to the real world.

• Heart

Sal288

Oh my goodness she’s ordered the wrong colour sockets so they’ll have to go back!! She’s really having a rubbish day! She must be very stressed

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Rosiepie

VIP Member
EXACTLY! Doing that reel is an insult and show a lack of empathy for people greatly affected by the pandemic. Oh btw, #justalittlecallous, you are allowed to be sad, angry and bitter about your circumstances😤
The reel was awful 😞 There she is in her holiday home surrounded by gifted stuff. No money worries. I’m despising this influencer culture and how they have conducted themselves throughout this pandemic. If I hear that patronising one liner ‘you got this’ one more time 😡 they haven’t a clue!

Reactions: 12

Blacktorch

Another ad. Really?!! Well we did manage 2 days..
but Asda:LOL: - can really see her frequenting there... but I guess anything for money 👌. justalittleconfused about her brand...oh wait nope I am not. It’s anything that pays...grab grab grab.

Honestly that post today is a new low (and I also cringed through the 300 liked video on dog sitting (how bad was that)) so that’s saying something...

but seriously how self indulgent can one
be - “ giving back” - nope you are not, in fact it’s the direct opposite of that it. It’s an ad - and you are being paid to do it. Just like the random list of desperate flogging that has become the staple of this account....there is no identify. No selection. Or it’s the usual small set of repeats - tutti, e stamp, Hudson, blah blah It’s literally shilling - all blessed by the prefix “share”.

I honestly had a lot of time for this account - even the repetitive go to kitchen shot that features every week. Or even the repeat photos like yesterday’s window shot...I even liked the downstairs bathroom transform each of the 8 times it featured. At least they were well taken and part of the theme. I followed with interest...

fact is people are getting bored. Likes down. Follower growth slow and certainly not what it was. It’s just how many ways can we find to push the ad through the kids. Stop!!! We know from the cleaner story responses this is being read - so please get back to what made your account good. I genuinely believe it had good reach and had some class. Now it’s a poor parody of the more creative influencer accounts...and the worst elements of the AF link people.

• Heart

Rosiepie

VIP Member
About a month ago SJ did the same thing, mentioning she had a medical issue which she would share when she had the test results (which never happened). Look at previous tattle posts from others on here. Then she shared picture of herself in hospital having a procedure, but again would not say why. Here she is again doing it again. It’s attention seeking and seeking sympathy whilst not really telling anyone anything. No nothing wrong with making stuff but my point is she keeps hinting there’s something wrong and making followers worried about her, so that they keep messaging her, yet she’s still able to continue with everyday activities so whatever is wrong she is able to still be active. Continue with family activity’s but don’t keep seeking sympathy from followers this way. It’s not right, and she’s not alone in doing this - plenty of others do it too.

• Heart

Stardustsmile28

Chatty Member
Now she starts mumbling about her health issues then suddenly stopped and said she’ll share more when she’s more comfortable. Cut it out, SJ! Why film it in the first place? You are under no obligation to share ANYTHING to your followers even if they DM you to death!! You just want to be talked about coz you left a hanging statement!! Talk about attention- grabbing. Not enough from your hubby and kids??
YES!! I am not a regular commenter on here (I more often frequent the Hunters and Heels car crash, facade of lies Insta thread!) but came on because I couldn't believe my ears! "I have been out to pick up medicine", "ongoing [difficult] health issues"... "don't feel comfortable sharing... will share when I am comfortable". Then why on earth would you ever mention it?!?!?! It is such attention seeking behaviour. If you don't want to share it then don't!! Even if 'someone' has messaged you then message them back, don't adddess thousands and thousands of people watching your stories of you want to remain private. It is such bizarre (and comes across as, tbh, slightly unhinged) behaviour.

• Angry

Stardustsmile28

Chatty Member
This is one of my pet hates on Instagram. These blaggers pretending they’re ‘giving back to their followers’ and doing them a favour by running competitions. It’s one of the easiest ways to increase your following by getting people to follow your page/share on story etc.

Why can’t you just ask them to comment on the post for entry, keeping it simple no? If it’s so genuine why should there be something in it for you? No doubt SJ is going to benefit most from this, not whoever wins the comp. Absolutely shameless is right.
I see her 'altruistic' 'giveaway' has brought her coverage in a national newspaper, highlighting that it is not altruistic at all and just a marketing ploy for free advertising.

• Angry
Reactions: 11