Joss Whedon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Angel and Buffy back in the day, I also thought Cordelia was a great character and was sad when she left, I didn't realise she'd been fired or why til I read her statement.

Reactions: 6
There were rumours for years about how abusive he was towards Charisma.Other actresses from Buffy are starting to speak out as well.This story is only going to get bigger.

Reactions: 1
I'd heard something about his ex wife saying similar I think? Like the TV & film stuff he's done but I hope he gets punished for any abuses he's perpetuated as fully as possible!

I think it's great these women in high visibility careers like actresses are starting to speak out against their abusers and although it's happening slowly the men are being held to account for it, it can only make it more possible to continue to do so and encourage people with no platform to speak up about their abusers too.

Reactions: 2
Amber Benson and Michelle Trachtenberg have also spoken out today. Sarah Michelle Gellar has released a vague statement which confirms it’s all true and she supports the others.

Michelle’s messages are particularly troubling.

I am mainly gutted that one of my favourite shows was made with the cast experiencing such awful treatment. Buffy is one of my all time favourite shows, it’s sad to know what actually happened. I know there’s been rumours for years, but still. It’s all starting to come together.

ETA Clare Kramer has also tweeted support for Charisma.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Michelle’s messages are particularly troubling
Oh yikes, it’s heartbreaking.
I’m a Buffy fan too, but I don’t want to let Whedon’s horrific behaviour ruin it for me. The way I see it is that all of his shows were collaborations, so it wouldn’t be fair on all of the decent people who worked hard on these projects to write it all off, if that makes sense?
Obviously though the more important thing is the well-being of anyone who’s been affected by his actions.

Reactions: 3
I’m a huge Buffy/Angel/Firefly fan too. I was surprised nothing much (that I saw) seemed to happen after JW ex wife commented on his behaviour. It’s interesting to see the names who are/are not coming out in support.

Reactions: 5
I’m a Buffy fan too, but I don’t want to let Whedon’s horrific behaviour ruin it for me. The way I see it is that all of his shows were collaborations, so it wouldn’t be fair on all of the decent people who worked hard on these projects to write it all off, if that makes sense?
Yeah, I agree with you. Apparently that was his issue with SMG, she considered the show a success created by them all, and he did not think that was the case...

Reactions: 4
It might be some weird blip because I’m setting up a new device, but all but one of David Boreanaz’s Instagram posts seem to have vanished and James Marsters has posted a ‘didn’t see nothing but supporting the others’ type post.

I doubt most will say anything in-depth lots are still radio silence about it.

Sad that so many of theses classic shows that everyone loved was overseen by toxic fuckwits.

Reactions: 3
It might be some weird blip because I’m setting up a new device, but all but one of David Boreanaz’s Instagram posts seem to have vanished and James Marsters has posted a ‘didn’t see nothing but supporting the others’ type post.
Weird. I’ve followed David for years and all of his posts have vanished except for one from 3 days ago! How strange?

I was a buffy / angel fan too - there was always something off, with the way they ended Cordy’s storyline. I'm glad she finally felt she could share her story.

I'm sad that the funniest scene of Angel was Whedon himself dancing and now if I ever watch again I'll just be thinking ‘prick!’

Reactions: 4
In fairness to James, he’s spoken out about Whedon before, to an extent.

So weird about David’s Instagram, it’s showing the same for me!

Anthony Head has spoken about it, he claims he had no idea.
I‘ve watched the video (the Buffy conversation starts at around 3:50 minutes in), and I think I believe him, but I could be being naive. I’m curious as to what anyone else here thinks.

With AH, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, he was older, a little removed from the younger cast and travelled back and forth to film for a good chunk of it.
im also separating Joss from Buffy/Angel/firefly in my head, they all got me through my teenage years and 20s, to me it was an ensemble and I can’t write it off just because of Joss. I’m so disheartened in him though, he wrote such powerful female characters when others didn’t, I had hopEd he was a good one.
please don’t duck up Nathan Fillion for me..😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11