Joss Whedon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s possible some of the Buffy and Angel males weren’t savvy to what JW was up too because they wasn’t subjected to it like the female cast mates was or they was and choose to ignore it and JW simply has gotten worse and now does it to everyone regardless of gender, I find it hard to believe all the cast wasn’t aware of what was going on especially when you spend long hours with theses people.

As for David B heard he had some own allegations of harassment against women like Nicholas Brendon murky history so probably been told to keep quiet.

Reactions: 4
Wasn't there something a bit off with David Boreanaz anyway? Remember something to do with dodgy attitude towards women or domestic violence?

On Secret Celeb Gossip 29 people are saying Marsters isn't all that squeaky clean either.

Also heard iffy things about the guy that played Xander Nicholas Brendon.

ETA: Crossposted with Tinga

Reactions: 1
With AH, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, he was older, a little removed from the younger cast and travelled back and forth to film for a good chunk of it.
That’s what I thought too. And at that time any male cast members were probably oblivious to what was going on.
I know AH is an actor, but he really does seem to be upset that he didn’t realise. It’s good to see that he wants to make clear that he doesn’t doubt the allegations even though he didn’t see anything.
Sadly, it actually means a lot, because his word will be taken more seriously, so it’s good that he’s spoken out, and is openly on the side of the victims,

Reactions: 2
With AH, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, he was older, a little removed from the younger cast and travelled back and forth to film for a good chunk of it.
im also separating Joss from Buffy/Angel/firefly in my head, they all got me through my teenage years and 20s, to me it was an ensemble and I can’t write it off just because of Joss. I’m so disheartened in him though, he wrote such powerful female characters when others didn’t, I had hopEd he was a good one.
please don’t duck up Nathan Fillion for me..😭😭
I do think Antony Head is genuine in he’s response although I don’t think he was oblivious too JW behaviour either, however like you said at the time he had a young family based in the UK and would frequently fly back and forth at any opportunity and it played a big role on why he finally left/reduced he’s role in S6/7 to be back home with he daughters and partner.

James Marsters wrote a song about Michelle Tractenberg saying she'll grow into a woman with curves and he'd love to be with her but she's too "dangerous" because she's young. She was 15 when he wrote it. So all of those people saying he's a "good man" on twitter might want to do a quick google and delete their tweets 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I get the feeling AH being upset that he didn’t notice what was going on was genuine. I also assume that he’s referencing Michelle in particular when he speaks about those that spoke out after Charisma.

Reactions: 3
I get the feeling AH being upset that he didn’t notice what was going on was genuine. I also assume that he’s referencing Michelle in particular when he speaks about those that spoke out after Charisma.
Yeah the more I think about it I believe that he didn't know. It didn't seem like acting. His daughter is an actress and only a couple of years younger than Michelle so you can imagine the dynamics. I hope hope hope with all my heart he didn't * do * anything to her because her post was very disturbing and she seemed distressed.

Link below to a post from Whedon’s ex-wife, Kai Cole, from 4 years ago. It was back then (2017) that I realised he wasn’t the man we thought he was. I should have realised sooner though, I knew Charisma Carpenter was written out of the show because she was pregnant, but at the time I stupidly thought it was some vague set of producers that were to blame.

It‘s even worse reading it now tbh, Kai Cole laid it all out at the time. Its worth reading, or rereading, this quote is so sad.

“Joss admitted that for the next decade and a half, he hid multiple affairs and a number of inappropriate emotional ones that he had with his actresses, co-workers, fans and friends, while he stayed married to me.”

I think Seth Green and he had some beef and he was abruptly written out of the show. Seth always struck me as "one of the good ones" so I'm really surprised he hasn't released any kind of statement. Although he's very private..

Reactions: 6
I think Seth Green and he had some beef and he was abruptly written out of the show. Seth always struck me as "one of the good ones" so I'm really surprised he hasn't released any kind of statement. Although he's very private..
Agree, there’s definitely a story there. Interesting as he’s a close friend of Sarah Michelle Gellar too

DB now has a picture of his dad as a young man as the only post on Instagram. Not sure why I keep checking. Sarah Michelle Gellar posted a slideshow recently of pics of her and Seth Green together. He’s always struck me as a good one too. I really hope he is.

DB now has a picture of his dad as a young man as the only post on Instagram. Not sure why I keep checking.
Also interesting - his wife, Jaime, seems to have deleted her Instagram account? Wonder what’s going on with the Boreanaz lot 👀

DB now has a picture of his dad as a young man as the only post on Instagram. Not sure why I keep checking. Sarah Michelle Gellar posted a slideshow recently of pics of her and Seth Green together. He’s always struck me as a good one too. I really hope he is.
Yesterday it was just one pic of his dogs. Very odd. He did cheat on her once before when she was pregnant with their daughter, it was with Rachel Ucatel (sp?) who also had an affair with Tiger Woods.

Hm, Michelle Trachtenberg has edited her original Instagram post to say there was a rule implemented that Joss wasn’t allowed in a room alone with Michelle “again”. Really troubling.

It’s possible some of the Buffy and Angel males weren’t savvy to what JW was up too because they wasn’t subjected to it like the female cast mates was or they was and choose to ignore it and JW simply has gotten worse and now does it to everyone regardless of gender, I find it hard to believe all the cast wasn’t aware of what was going on especially when you spend long hours with theses people.

As for David B heard he had some own allegations of harassment against women like Nicholas Brendon murky history so probably
Thing is some of the people Whedon has worked with he seemed very close with for years after even women. Just because he was abusive to some doesn't mean he wasn't nice as pie to others. They may have been sincerely unaware of his actions with their peers or if they were only got Whedon's versions of events. I can well imagine people like Alison Hannigan, Alexis Denisov, J. August Richards, Amy Acker, Gina Torres and Jewel Stait may be completely taken by surprise that the guy they knew was bastard to others when to them he's just Joss. It may take them some time to process it before commenting if they do at all.

Yesterday it was just one pic of his dogs. Very odd. He did cheat on her once before when she was pregnant with their daughter, it was with Rachel Ucatel (sp?) who also had an affair with Tiger Woods.
last night it changed again to a video about the Seal show he’s currently on.

Yep and he knows people are waiting for him to say something, there’s various articles online calling for him and Alison Hannigan to comment. It just feels like a really weird thing to do. I’d already spotted a decent percentage of his posts didn’t allow comments too.

In this sort of situation don’t costars either post their support, however vaguely (or not) worded or do nothing at all? The fact the one post that’s left keeps changing is even more strange.

I doubt Alyson Hannigan will speak out, even if she knows anything, which is disappointing. Her husband has been employed by Joss repeatedly... they seem to be in the inner circle.

I doubt Alyson Hannigan will speak out, even if she knows anything, which is disappointing. Her husband has been employed by Joss repeatedly... they seem to be in the inner circle.
Yeah she’s married to the guy who played Wesley isn’t she?