Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You go for the whole 43 minutes Camille - watch them panick over how they are going to fit all the lies in to 6 minutes

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Missed beginning as was at work, catching up from here and re watching what was live....if Camille had just read her closing statement at the beginning of the trial.....job done, that was amazing.....Ben chew was great too, hearing him get choked up....my god I hope the verdict goes the right way

Reactions: 5
I’d bet rottenborn is fuming with Elaine and amber. He looks like a man who doesn’t like to lose

Reactions: 6
Longtime lurker here, reading and loving all your chat! Decided to sign up cause I want to add.

I'm catching up on todays, watching Elaine retell stories like she was there?! It makes me so annoyed. Alot of mistakes and too much jumping about in ger rambling. If I was the jury I'd be just wanting my lunch.

Also LOL @ 6mins left!!!!! Can't wait for that!

Reactions: 6
Its not a domestic abuse case. It's not a criminal case. The lawsuit is for DEFAMATION in relation to an article she wrote about being a survivor of DV. JD's team has to prove amber was completely false/lying about JD in her article, that is all. AH actually doesn't have to prove anything, therefore if they can show that JD abused her (in any way) just one single time, the law says they have to rule in favour of AH. If he was suing/pressing charges for abuse, it would be a very different case.
Appreciate the response but my silly mind still doesn’t really get it. Glad I’m not on the jury ha!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Appreciate the response but my silly mind still doesn’t really get it. Glad I’m not on the jury ha!
It's only defamation is the statement is untrue.
So, according to Rottenborn, if the jury believe Johnny was unpleasant to Amber once (and they have widened the definition to such an extent that it was impossible that he wasn't) then they should dismiss the case.

Because it would make her statements about domestic violence true.
It's a bullshit argument... and doesn't particularly help her going forward - but it would allow her to make charitable donations.

To put things into perspective, I live in South Africa.

There is currently a video going viral here where a woman is in a police station to report her partner for Domestic Violence.

IN THE POLICE STATION he is attacking her, he is beating her infront of the police officers and the people waiting in the police station.

NO ONE is coming to her aid, not the police, not the men around her, there are something like 4 other women trying to get the dude off of her.

That is the reality of domestic violence here in South Africa.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I think we will have a verdict mid- late next week. Possibly Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning.
Its my birthday next Friday so what a great weekend it would be with The Queens Jubilee too and if Johnny won, I'd be having copious Mega Pints 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.