John Lewis Christmas Advert 21

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any thoughts? It’s just too cheesy and predictable for me 🙄, I‘d love to have seen something a bit more upbeat for a change. All sentimental, warbled Human League cover of Electric Dreams etc etc..same same.
It’s a No from me.

Bah Humbug

Reactions: 7
I really like the advert, I thought it demonstrated that you can be completely different people, you can be from totally different places/cultures - but you can still connect over the simplest of things. I think it sends a really nice message 🎅🏼✨🎄

I never get the obsession over JL adverts. They always chose such dull music 🙄
Give me Kevin the carrot anyday …

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Reminds me of that kids programme from the 70s called "boy from space" which used to scare the hell out of me.😱

Reactions: 2
I thought it was nice. But not amazing.

Didn't fill me with Christmas cheer, which is what I want from an Xmas ad

Reactions: 4

Yel

I get a bit annoyed each year that Christmas adverts are now a "thing". It's just a department store flogging crap that people probably don't need and lives won't improve with.

Morrissey really messed up letting them use a cover the other year.

The Lily Allen cover of the Keane song is quite nice, apart from that I can't remember much else from this shops marketing campaign.

That reminds me I should probably start thinking about what edible gifts I'm giving people this year.

Reactions: 5
Dull and predictable. Adverts should not be an event nor 2 minutes long. The song was put to better use in its original form on an EDF advert with this little turd a few years ago.
1636042460954.png

Reactions: 6
I personally think JL have missed the mark in the past few years. This is no exception. Very dull.

Reactions: 4
The JL adverts have been rubbish the past few years . Sainsbury's 2014 advert was my ultimate fav.

I really like the advert, I thought it demonstrated that you can be completely different people, you can be from totally different places/cultures - but you can still connect over the simplest of things. I think it sends a really nice message 🎅🏼✨🎄
The use of an alien may have been a biiiit problematic then but I can see them not wanting to risk some controversy about being too political - though apparently they're being branded 'too woke' because it stars a black family :rolleyes:

I think it was an enjoyable advert overall but that's about it. I think this reputation of them having the 'best' Christmas adverts is raising expectations a lot higher than one can live up to tbh

Didn't like it tbh bring back the trampolining boxer dog. The best Christmas ad that sticks in my mind is the sainsburys 1st world war one, made me cry each time it was on.