Joe Wicks - The Body Coach

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He deffo got lucky. There are much better fitness experts out there. With better physiques too. Still, looks like he’s having a great time in ‘doo bye’.

Reactions: 5
Hahaha. What does he say?
Essentially that everything he says it’s a load of bollocks and short term, takes credit for a lot of stuff that’s not anything to do with him. Tbh I stop listening 😂 I would ask Lewis but he’s asleep - I should be too since the bastard needs to be up at 4:30am tomorrow and I’m the idiot girlfriend who needs to drive him to his work because he hasn’t got his car atm 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Essentially that everything he says it’s a load of bollocks and short term, takes credit for a lot of stuff that’s not anything to do with him. Tbh I stop listening 😂 I would ask Lewis but he’s asleep - I should be too since the bastard needs to be up at 4:30am tomorrow and I’m the idiot girlfriend who needs to drive him to his work because he hasn’t got his car atm 😩
Tell him Joe would never make you do that 😉😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Tell him Joe would never make you do that 😉😂
I would get a slap 😂 honestly folk in the gym must wonder wtf we’re on sometimes the amount of abuse we give each other. Either that or they’ve actually figured out we’re together🤷‍♀️ I was driving down the motorway last week to bring him to work and he told me he had never seen either Mamma Mia films, and frankly he almost got left halfway between Cumbernauld and Stirling on the side of the motorway 🤷‍♀️ Bet Joe wouldn’t do that to his partner, but whatever - needs must 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He's the jamie oliver of the fitness world, right place and something a bit different despite also being very ordinary and nothing special.

99% of the time he's nowhere near the body shape he portrays and is very average gym goer. He just trains and diets hard a couple of times a year for a photoshoot.

Reactions: 11
I would get a slap 😂 honestly folk in the gym must wonder wtf we’re on sometimes the amount of abuse we give each other. Either that or they’ve actually figured out we’re together🤷‍♀️ I was driving down the motorway last week to bring him to work and he told me he had never seen either Mamma Mia films, and frankly he almost got left halfway between Cumbernauld and Stirling on the side of the motorway 🤷‍♀️ Bet Joe wouldn’t do that to his partner, but whatever - needs must 😂
I'd support you if you left your husband at the side of the motorway for not watching either Mamma Mia film. Seems a perfectly reasonable response to not watching two truly fabulous trashy films.

Reactions: 4
I'd support you if you left your husband at the side of the motorway for not watching either Mamma Mia film. Seems a perfectly reasonable response to not watching two truly fabulous trashy films.
I was honestly like wtf why did you feel the need to tell me you’ve never seen it, never mind telling me at 5am when it’s cold and dark and I’m grumpy 😂 he has now seen them and loves the awfulness of them - he uses my Spotify and he was definitely listening to it the other day when he was in his house and I wasn’t even there 🕺

Reactions: 2
I was honestly like wtf why did you feel the need to tell me you’ve never seen it, never mind telling me at 5am when it’s cold and dark and I’m grumpy 😂 he has now seen them and loves the awfulness of them - he uses my Spotify and he was definitely listening to it the other day when he was in his house and I wasn’t even there 🕺
They are two of my favourites films, but they are trash lets be honest, especially Here We Go Again. But I love them.

Reactions: 2
I'm a PT too and I can't stand him. Met him in an airport once and he was an arrogant tit. Too big for his boots.

Reactions: 4
Oh god, I'm starting to hate his wean in 15. I'm so close to making a sarcastic comment on his IG. All the 'indie is so adventurous with food because we've given her adventurous food, that's all she knows'. Yeah well wait til she's 3 and will only eat fish fingers off a yellow plate. Shes not going to be eating your lentil stew then.

And then when he said something like ' I could have just given her fruit, and yoghurt and toast but I made her this veggie curry instead', I felt like tit. I give my kids fruit and toast and yoghurt. I wasn't aware it wasn't good enough. He makes such a big deal of not giving her fruit and yoghurt til she's had some.'proper food'.

I almost can't wait til they have the 2nd baby and then have 2 under 2 to deal with. There won't be romantic trips to restaurants with a sleeping baby then.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Oh god, I'm starting to hate his wean in 15. I'm so close to making a sarcastic comment on his IG. All the 'indie is so adventurous with food because we've given her adventurous food, that's all she knows'. Yeah well wait til she's 3 and will only eat fish fingers off a yellow plate. Shes not going to be eating your lentil stew then.

And then when he said something like ' I could have just given her fruit, and yoghurt and toast but I made her this veggie curry instead', I felt like tit. I give my kids fruit and toast and yoghurt. I wasn't aware it wasn't good enough. He makes such a big deal of not giving her fruit and yoghurt til she's had some.'proper food'.

I almost can't wait til they have the 2nd baby and then have 2 under 2 to deal with. There won't be romantic trips to restaurants with a sleeping baby then.
His obsession with ‘healthy’ food for his toddler is worrying. Children need a balance else she will have food issues in the future, Kids shouldn’t be told food is ‘good’ or ‘bad’ IMO

Also - there is absolutely nothing wrong with fruit, yoghurt or toast. The vast majority of parents don’t have the time to cook up something exciting for every meal. As adults we don’t eat exciting food every meal so why does he think kids should be any different?

Reactions: 12
His obsession with ‘healthy’ food for his toddler is worrying. Children need a balance else she will have food issues in the future, Kids shouldn’t be told food is ‘good’ or ‘bad’ IMO

Also - there is absolutely nothing wrong with fruit, yoghurt or toast. The vast majority of parents don’t have the time to cook up something exciting for every meal. As adults we don’t eat exciting food every meal so why does he think kids should be any different?
I think what annoys me is the smug, condescending tone "I could have done.." is just basically a way of saying he is better tban anyone who did that. ridiculous.

Reactions: 8
I think what annoys me is the smug, condescending tone "I could have done.." is just basically a way of saying he is better tban anyone who did that. ridiculous.
Agree with this.
My youngest child was (is) extremely ‘fussy’, turns out she has sensory processing disorder and literally cannot tolerate textures and tastes of some foods for her it’s the equivalent of chewing glass.
If back before I knew this, I’d have seen this bellend preaching this i would’ve felt truly truly awful. It’s exasperating as it is trying to do the best for your child, but to have someone as pretentious as this is so so annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Agree with this.
My youngest child was (is) extremely ‘fussy’, turns out she has sensory processing disorder and literally cannot tolerate textures and tastes of some foods for her it’s the equivalent of chewing glass.
If back before I knew this, I’d have seen this bellend preaching this i would’ve felt truly truly awful. It’s exasperating as it is trying to do the best for your child, but to have someone as pretentious as this is so so annoying.
this is the issue with most youtubers etc I think... I assume he means well but he is just totally unqualified to give advice on what can be a highly complex topic

Reactions: 6
this is the issue with most youtubers etc I think... I assume he means well but he is just totally unqualified to give advice on what can be a highly complex topic
I think it’s also really condescending to give advice out when you’re still in the process. Indie will hit a fussy stage as that’s what toddlers do and I hope he feels like a prat for spouting all this ‘Indie is so adventurous because we are so calm and offer her everything 🙄

Reactions: 9
I follow him but he defo bugs me a bit.
I remember when they had first had the baby and after day three he was giving advice on how to make the baby sleep and let Rosie rest!
Slow the duck down supernanny! 😂

not everyone has his luxurious lifestyle and it’s fine that he’s worked for it but it’s also ok that some of us don’t have such luxury and between working and taxing kids about to various hobbies, parties etc it’s totally forgivable that some weeks my kids are mainlining McDonald’s!
They’re still alive, and so am! Just about! 🥵
So I will pat my bad self on that back for that!

Reactions: 17
What was that bs this morning about taking these “mini retirements” so he can recharge and then be fired up for life?? Get in the real world mate. He’s so out of touch with his audience. If he’s not careful people will start to become resentful of his lifestyle instead of seeing it as inspirational which is obviously his intention. Feel he needs to rein it in a little, there’s a lot of people who despite working really hard are trapped in life for many many reasons and will not ever be able to attain his lifestyle.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.