Joe Wicks #9 For those who can’t see through his act, you can buy his Bodycoach app

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must say I don’t agree with SR nutritions ways and methods and her attitude stinks but each to their own, her kid her rules, and at least she’s qualified unlike st Joe spouting his shite to make a few quid

Reactions: 9
I must say I don’t agree with SR nutritions ways and methods and her attitude stinks but each to their own, her kid her rules, and at least she’s qualified unlike st Joe spouting his shite to make a few quid
I weaned following her way and I have a 2 year old who refuses all veg and pretty much only wants toast. 🤷🏼‍♀️ She used to eat absolutely everything and enjoy it. Makes me think there is no right or wrong way really.

Reactions: 17
I weaned following her way and I have a 2 year old who refuses all veg and pretty much only wants toast. 🤷🏼‍♀️ She used to eat absolutely everything and enjoy it. Makes me think there is no right or wrong way really.
I agree - nothing you do makes any difference. If you read stuff from baby led weaning advocates they'll also tell you their method is the only way to avoid a fussy eater. It's all bollocks. Lots of toddlers are fussy eaters. My baby ate everything when I weaned him, broccoli, quinoa, olives... I felt all smug, 'my baby eats everything, haven't I done well!' Then he got fussier and fussier and I wasn't so smug - it's normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
"Indie..."

Seriously dude, she could not give less of a tit.
You've drilled and trained her to parrot this rubbish. Its not impressive. It's just sad.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
"Indie..."

You've drilled and trained her to parrot this rubbish. Its not impressive. It's just sad.

He needs to stop, the poor kids are going to grow up to be as obsessive as he is! Why can’t he just let his kids, be kids! Instead he treats them both like performing monkeys. He’s an hole of a father!

Reactions: 12
I remember when Indie was less than a year old, they posted that she had been taken to hospital in an ambulance as she'd had a bad reaction to a food. The hospital did allergy tests and they confirmed she was allergic to eggs, a kind of nut, and I think something else.

I was really interested in this as my little one is around the same age as Indie and also has a diagnosed egg allergy, so I thought I'd keep an eye on Indie's meals to see if there were any good egg free recipes or alternatives. A few months later, the WI15 account showed her eating scrambled egg :confused: My pediatrician had told me that whilst egg allergies were common in babies and toddlers and they'd normally grown out of them by age 4-5, all products containing egg should be avoided completely until medical testing confirmed that the child had outgrown the allergy. The progress tests are normally done once a year.

I commented on the post saying this and querying that she'd outgrown the allergy very quickly, and I think SR Nutrition replied saying Indie was only allergic to raw egg so scrambled egg was ok.

Now I'm not a doctor or in any way medically trained, but I thought that was a really odd response. For one thing, who eats or feeds their child raw eggs?! And I'm not sure the cooking process of raw to scrambled changes anything about the protein of an egg to make it less allergenic, but I could be wrong. Some children are fine with say, cakes, where egg makes up only a small part of it and it's baked really well, but I can't see how any child who has any kind of allergic response to egg would be able to eat scrambled egg.

It's just always struck me as very very odd, that a baby can go from being diagnosed as having an allergy to a food, to eating it fine a few months later. It goes against everything the pediatrician told us and doesn't sit right with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree - nothing you do makes any difference. If you read stuff from baby led weaning advocates they'll also tell you their method is the only way to avoid a fussy eater. It's all bollocks. Lots of toddlers are fussy eaters. My baby ate everything when I weaned him, broccoli, quinoa, olives... I felt all smug, 'my baby eats everything, haven't I done well!' Then he got fussier and fussier and I wasn't so smug - it's normal.
Absolutely this - we did BLW and our little one ate anything and everything. Now they’re a toddler some days all they will eat is beans 🤦🏼‍♀️

"Indie..."

Shoved in a corner with a tablet while he prioritises himself. So selfish.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
"Indie..."

Just watched that this morning. I felt as sorry for her, she obviously wants to just sit and play with her toy.

Also, my balls did she ask why he exercises 🤣 He is coaching the life out of that child to get her to say what he wants 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 9
All the money he is making and he won't even pay for a licence to get some music on it 😝

Reactions: 7
I remember when Indie was less than a year old, they posted that she had been taken to hospital in an ambulance as she'd had a bad reaction to a food. The hospital did allergy tests and they confirmed she was allergic to eggs, a kind of nut, and I think something else.

I was really interested in this as my little one is around the same age as Indie and also has a diagnosed egg allergy, so I thought I'd keep an eye on Indie's meals to see if there were any good egg free recipes or alternatives. A few months later, the WI15 account showed her eating scrambled egg :confused: My pediatrician had told me that whilst egg allergies were common in babies and toddlers and they'd normally grown out of them by age 4-5, all products containing egg should be avoided completely until medical testing confirmed that the child had outgrown the allergy. The progress tests are normally done once a year.

I commented on the post saying this and querying that she'd outgrown the allergy very quickly, and I think SR Nutrition replied saying Indie was only allergic to raw egg so scrambled egg was ok.

Now I'm not a doctor or in any way medically trained, but I thought that was a really odd response. For one thing, who eats or feeds their child raw eggs?! And I'm not sure the cooking process of raw to scrambled changes anything about the protein of an egg to make it less allergenic, but I could be wrong. Some children are fine with say, cakes, where egg makes up only a small part of it and it's baked really well, but I can't see how any child who has any kind of allergic response to egg would be able to eat scrambled egg.

It's just always struck me as very very odd, that a baby can go from being diagnosed as having an allergy to a food, to eating it fine a few months later. It goes against everything the pediatrician told us and doesn't sit right with me.
My daughter has an egg allergy and has done from a young age. She also had several other allergies that she has outgrown thankfully (now 3).

It is absolutely 100% normal for a child to only be allergic to food in a certain cooked form - thats why you do things such as the milk ladder to see what they can tolerate going from very baked milk up to drinking milk.

In terms of egg, my daughter can tolerate baked egg now, and 'well' cooked scrambled egg, but if I touch her with raw egg she breaks out in hives.

The protein in food changes as soon as its heated, so there is a big difference between raw and even lightly scrambled eggs.

Reactions: 10
Just watched SR nutritions stuff, my daughter is 10 months old and I couldn’t be arsed with purées so we just did BLW, but wow what an alien environment for her babies first foods! The lights the camera on a tripod and the clicking of the camera. So bizarre, I get this is probably amazing content for her... but I think it’s weird to pimp out your baby trying food like that!

Reactions: 15
She’s probably asking why he exercises instead of spending time with her. Poor girl
Yes probably, in the same way that when I'm working from home my toddler says 'why are you working mummy, let's go and play!'

I don't know why he needs to read so much into everything she does and interpret it as something brilliant that he has done. He's so bloody full of himself!

Why does he need to film everything she does too, it's strange he has to show her writing when she's not even school age yet. Like look how clever my child is! Wonder if Marley will get the same praise 🙄

Reactions: 5
Why does he need to film everything she does too, it's strange he has to show her writing when she's not even school age yet. Like look how clever my child is! Wonder if Marley will get the same praise 🙄
This is exactly why he does it. He’s always shown Indie off. We get it, she’s bright, but how much time must he spend drilling things into her rather than letting her be a normal toddler playing? He’ll have her at private preschool/prep as soon as they’re back open. Instead of letting her be a little kid. We spend long enough in formal education without starting writing, phonics etc at 2. Let her do something arty rather than school books!

Where is Rosie today ? Indie seems to be with Joe while he is working out, filming etc ?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.