Joe Wicks #9 For those who can’t see through his act, you can buy his Bodycoach app

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus Christ he sounds like an absolute crazed loon! Getting a 2 year old to practise handwriting every day??! WTF?! It was clear she didn't know what the letters were either, which is surely the vastly more important bit?? (Although I still don't think I'd be even slightly bothered if a 2 year old didn't know any letters at all.) I didn't learn letters, reading or writing until I went to school at age 5 and I had top academic results. I've never seen such a crazy, pushy parent in all my life!

Reactions: 14
The hand writing thing is ridiculous and dangerous. There are a lot of parents who follow him and this has probably put them in a panic that their child is nowhere near writing (which is totally normal !)

He is so dangerous for mental health !

Reactions: 15
The hand writing thing is ridiculous and dangerous. There are a lot of parents who follow him and this has probably put them in a panic that their child is nowhere near writing (which is totally normal !)

He is so dangerous for mental health !
This is it, he bangs on about mental health but doesn’t think that his actions affect other people’s mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My 4 year old doesn’t even write like that and my 2 year old definitely doesn’t! Even my 6 year old wouldn’t practise handwriting every day. Give the kid a break!

Reactions: 8
He is saying that handwriting will help set her up for school.
She doesn't know what she is writing and the letters are not formed correctly.
When she goes to school a teacher will have a lot of work to do to retrain and correct formation.
What makes it worse is he is telling others to do it and they will think he is right.
Tracing is very old school and isn't recommended

• Heart
Reactions: 20
When she goes to school a teacher will have a lot of work to do to retrain and correct formation.
What makes it worse is he is telling others to do it and they will think he is right.
I find it really sad that he’s thinking about setting her up for school at 2. She’s still so young. She won’t go till at least Sept 2022 & she doesn’t *have* to start until Sept 2023 as compulsory school age in England is the term after they turn 5. (And preschool isn’t school, it’s nursery by a different name)

Funnily enough teachers are really good at teaching kids to write when they go to school, mad isn’t it?! Don’t need Joe’s help like he thinks PE teachers do.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
He did this in his old house too. Climbed on the wall shelves... and all i could think of was parents telling their kids NOT to copy that.

Maybe i am being over cautious but if not done correctly foeward and backward roles can be dangerous if not done correctly.

I did do them when i was more flexible and younger (approx 8 to 11years) and had someone to teach me to make sure my neck was tucked in etc. But maybe i am just being a worry wort and can see potential injuries ir may cause and kids don't have that fear and tend to let their bodies just go with it..🤷🏽🤷🏽
No I totally agree with the forward roll thing!

I love when he tells us that he has made something 'fun', as if no one else has ever thought of that, and when it's the shittest, most boring thing ever. Obsessively holding up flashcards and getting your tiny toddler to write every day like a nut job could not be further from 'fun'.

Reactions: 13
Poor Indie. She’s still so so young, why push her to do something she isn’t ready for? Let them be little.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This is why I skipped those stories. I just can’t bear his parenting guru stuff, it was bad enough with weaning! He didn’t claim that it was helping her for school?! What is that based on? He doesn’t have a background in education and has implied he isn’t academic (comments about how Indie has Rosie’s brains). He hasn’t had a child start school with this method so he has no experience of it actually helping. I doubt Indie’s nursery are encouraging this. He’d be better off focusing on phonics and role modelling reading himself. I don’t see the value of this handwriting practice other than showing off on Insta.

Reactions: 10
This is why I skipped those stories. I just can’t bear his parenting guru stuff, it was bad enough with weaning! He didn’t claim that it was helping her for school?! What is that based on? He doesn’t have a background in education and has implied he isn’t academic (comments about how Indie has Rosie’s brains). He hasn’t had a child start school with this method so he has no experience of it actually helping. I doubt Indie’s nursery are encouraging this. He’d be better off focusing on phonics and role modelling reading himself. I don’t see the value of this handwriting practice other than showing off on Insta.
A lot of early years teachers advise parents against teaching phonics before kids start school because it’s harder for kids to unlearn if they’ve been taught incorrectly. Just let kids be kids! They spend enough of their lives in education without doing handwriting and phonics at 2.

Guarantee you Joe will do stories about phonics in the new few weeks as he definitely reads here!!!!! 🙄

Reactions: 12
A lot of early years teachers advise parents against teaching phonics before kids start school because it’s harder for kids to unlearn if they’ve been taught incorrectly. Just let kids be kids! They spend enough of their lives in education without doing handwriting and phonics at 2.

Guarantee you Joe will do stories about phonics in the new few weeks as he definitely reads here!!!!! 🙄
Interesting, thanks for this as I do agree entirely. I personally never pushed anything myself as I knew I wasn’t qualified and preferred letting mine just enjoy drawing and scribbling at home - was thinking they were more likely to do phonics in nursery so if he felt compelled to help he could stick on an episode of Alphablocks 😂

Reactions: 5
The countries with the best educational results have kids playing for as long as possible and only start more 'formal' learning of reading and writing around 7 or 8. There is no way on earth a 2 year old needs to be writing. Play is learning. For God's sake kids spend enough years in school, let them just be themselves for a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.