Joe Wicks #5 breastfeeding police make mums feel tommy tit, no tits no opinion, stick to HIIT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is literally what I just came on here to write. It is so bizarre! She needs some carbs!
It’s so weird! I have a family friend who I’ve watched their kids a couple of times and I’m often there around dinner time and she’s so adamant to just give protein at meal times. She’s also a fitness instructor so I wonder whether it’s just engrained in their brains! Protein is great but carbs are also necessary to keep her belly full. So sad really, he could potentially be causing an even bigger problem, she might overindulge on the carbs when she gets older because she’s never bloody had them! It’s alright for all-mighty Joe to eat whole loaves of bread with bloody marmalade though isn’t it!!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
He’s basically saying in that post “ignore” what is going on. The FIRST thing we should all be doing is learning, sharing what we’ve learnt, donating, signing petitions. I don’t disagree that mental wellbeing can be greatly improved by exercise, but with the atrocities going on in this world today, we should be doing something to put an end to them. Not just focusing on ourselves. I started listening to a book about racism last night, and this was said in the first minute:

“I can no longer engage with the gulf of the emotional disconnect that White people display when a person of colour articulates their experience. You can see their eyes shut down and harden. It’s like treacle is poured into their ears, blocking their up ear canal and they cannot hear us.”

I feel like Joe is personifying this in his reaction to what is happening.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry to derail the thread slightly but why does he have to play with her food and bowl as she eats? Poor child is gonna have some issues from that surely.

Nice to see shes not wearing her watch 😂

Moving back to what previous people have said - its dangerous hes claiming excercise is a cure for all mental health problems. From my experience it can help but for alot of people it doesnt and I can only imagine watching his messages about it being life changing can affect people.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It’s so weird! I have a family friend who I’ve watched their kids a couple of times and I’m often there around dinner time and she’s so adamant to just give protein at meal times. She’s also a fitness instructor so I wonder whether it’s just engrained in their brains! Protein is great but carbs are also necessary to keep her belly full. So sad really, he could potentially be causing an even bigger problem, she might overindulge on the carbs when she gets older because she’s never bloody had them! It’s alright for all-mighty Joe to eat whole loaves of bread with bloody marmalade though isn’t it!!!!
Children also need carbs for basic body development, they can’t grow on just protein!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have a child a little younger than Indie. I realised how conditioned I had become to avoiding carbs when I started weaning my own child. We barely had carbs in our house!

It’s sad that there is now a cook book out there that is probably lacking carbs in lots of its recipes and parents are thinking they are providing healthy balanced meals for their children!

Reactions: 4
I also hate when people say they ‘have anxiety’ for when they’re feeling anxious. There is a difference!
I typed out a whole post about this this morning but I wasn't feeling ready to argue so I deleted it all but YAASSSS.

You are SUPPOSED to feel anxious when there's something that could potentially kill you! You are SUPPOSED to feel anxious about leaving your children! You are SUPPOSED to feel anxious about the unknown. That's how we've survived for thousands of years! Feeling anxious about things that could harm you or your loved ones is not a mental illness! It's survival! Anxiety is feeling unreasonably or irrationally anxious and I'll gladly promise Joe it won't be fixed by doing some bloody jump squats!!! 😬

Eta: to clarify I meant I typed out my post after seeing his story on how he's single handedly cured Britain of PTSD and anxiety. I didn't mean I was going to start an argument with you. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I really hope Rosie doesn't develop pnd depression from any of their children. She will be absolutely shamed my Joe for wanting to see a Dr rather than just exercising and I'm sure he will talk about it as if its his issue to discuss

• Sad
The black square was just so he wouldn’t lose followers. Didn’t even bother with a caption. His silence on the matter says everything. Not everyone needs to share their opinions but not even a link to where to donate or something? Or acknowledge what the black square was for?

Anyway, I really dislike when he shares people’s DMs on his Stories. It’s a big pat on the back for himself and nothing more. He shared one ages ago and his reply to a long, emotional message was, “Can I share this?” That’s all he cares about.

Reactions: 15
I do find it hilarious that he was banging on about getting a million live streams on his PE and he failed miserably and now he is struggling to even get 150k!

Surely he is going to stop soon?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I typed out a whole post about this this morning but I wasn't feeling ready to argue so I deleted it all but YAASSSS.

You are SUPPOSED to feel anxious when there's something that could potentially kill you! You are SUPPOSED to feel anxious about leaving your children! You are SUPPOSED to feel anxious about the unknown. That's how we've survived for thousands of years! Feeling anxious about things that could harm you or your loved ones is not a mental illness! It's survival! Anxiety is feeling unreasonably or irrationally anxious and I'll gladly promise Joe it won't be fixed by doing some bloody jump squats!!! 😬

Eta: to clarify I meant I typed out my post after seeing his story on how he's single handedly cured Britain of PTSD and anxiety. I didn't mean I was going to start an argument with you. 😂
Completely agree. Having been diagnosed with both generalised anxiety disorder and PND I can confirm that exercise does not cure/prevent either! I exercised up until 39 weeks (child born 39+4) and started again after my 6 week checkup - still got PND 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Anyway, I really dislike when he shares people’s DMs on his Stories. It’s a big pat on the back for himself and nothing more. He shared one ages ago and his reply to a long, emotional message was, “Can I share this?” That’s all he cares about.
I saw one this morning where somebody had opened the message with what mental illness they have, went on to talk about their life, then in the last paragraph thanked Joe. He literally just highlighted the "I have X" and "thanks for your workouts " and completely ignored the person pouring their heart out ffs 😩 He's so far up his own backside.
Completely agree. Having been diagnosed with both generalised anxiety disorder and PND I can confirm that exercise does not cure/prevent either! I exercised up until 39 weeks (child born 39+4) and started again after my 6 week checkup - still got PND 🤷🏽‍♀️
I hope you're feeling better. ❤ Having a newborn is so hard at the best of times.

Reactions: 5
I saw one this morning where somebody had opened the message with what mental illness they have, went on to talk about their life, then in the last paragraph thanked Joe. He literally just highlighted the "I have X" and "thanks for your workouts " and completely ignored the person pouring their heart out ffs 😩 He's so far up his own backside.

I hope you're feeling better. ❤ Having a newborn is so hard at the best of times.
My little one is a similar age to Indie which is probably why I have such an aversion to him 🤣

Reactions: 1
One of the messages today said something like 'you saved me', and he had highlighted it so that we can all see how much of a savior he is. Clearly has no concept of how up his own arse he sounds.

If I copied all the good bits out of my work appraisal and highlighted them, then posted them to my social media, I'd look like a right dick!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
One of the messages today said something like 'you saved me', and he had highlighted it so that we can all see how much of a savior he is. Clearly has no concept of how up his own arse he sounds.

If I copied all the good bits out of my work appraisal and highlighted them, then posted them to my social media, I'd look like a right dick!
He has the biggest saviour complex ever. That’s what makes him so odious.

• Sick
So how much fish do with think Indie has a week? SR Nutrition recommends 1 to 2 portions of fish a week and so do other websites, to much fish is not good for humans. I'm sure she has at least 4 portions minimum a week.
But bread is so much more harmful than mercury 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Boasting that they can swap clothes, only because poor indie isn’t fed enough 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Boasting that they can swap clothes, only because poor indie isn’t fed enough 😢
It’s complete bollocks as Indie looks exactly the size she should be at her age. His brag is so disturbing though. who even gives a tit what size clothes your kid is in?! So disordered

Reactions: 8
I’ve followed Joe for ages and also stupidly bought his plan years ago.. think I lasted about 2 weeks and actually lost weight when I stopped 🤣

I actually found him semi relatable as a parent up until recently as he did seem to chill out a bit and even filmed himself feeding Indie ice cream at 9pm (wild) BUT my god he is getting on my last nerve now. Your kid talks well but it is clearly so well rehearsed and just parroting what you say. What do you want? A bleeping medal? Sooo braggy it’s embarrassing. Hopefully one day she will just turn around and tell him to F off!

Also the lack of awareness or comment about black lives matters will have lost him a lot of respect. He doesn’t want to say anything as he is terrified of losing even one follower and not being golden boy, PE teacher of the year, the world’s saviour.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.