Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The BBC is a bit late to the party huh... And what on Earth does dancing believably mean?
The title is a bit of a tongue twister, doesn't roll of the tongue.

The BBC used YouTubers years ago on radio 1 on Sundays, that didn't last long as none of them were any good. They just wanted to show they were on trend.

Average age of strictly viewer is in their 50s to 60s

Scoring for Strictly.

The judges give a score out of 40, (each judge's highest paddle being 10). Then the couple with the highest score get the maximum about of points per call, for example if there are 16 contestants, the highest points would be 16 so for every person that votes, that couple's score would basically go up in the 16 times table. If that makes sense. The couple with the lowest score, would only get 1 point per vote so it would go up in 1's.

There's been speculation over the scoring for years, with everything from age and POC discrimination to judges favorites. Last year, Alexandra Burke got through to the final when it was noted on a lot of social media that she wasn't that popular. Her previous work had included a West End production choreographed by one of the judges Craig Revel Horwood, and it was thought that he used his influence and the BBC fixed the scores.

Also last year, professional dancer Brendan Cole fought back on his partners behalf and was spoken down to from the judges. They nitpicked over anything they could when he performed but fell to there knees when certain other couples performed. Brendan's contract was then not renewed for this season and many think it's to do with the judges.

The BBC refuse to publish the scores, and claim that it is all legitimate.

Finally, no matter how much they fake it, the Strictly results are pre-recorded on the Saturday and if you follow the #StrictlySpoiler on twitter or @/davejthorp on twitter, he always gets the news and publishes it on Saturday evening. In the past 4-5 years that I've been following him, it's only been wrong once.

Reactions: 5
Wait the dietstarts business is run by Mikey?

What is Joe thinking,??

Who's buying £27 sweets????

Reactions: 1
Wait the dietstarts business is run by Mikey?

What is Joe thinking,??

Who's buying £27 sweets????
This is what the most unique creator in the UK has created? It's mostly just plastic bits if you look carefully, hardly any sweets. You could get more sweets and a better selection for 4 quid pick and mix at willkos.

Joe has signed some real duds to this agency.

Also mark the most posative creator? That's a common niche that thousands have nailed far better than him. He's just a puppet for zoe

I think Joe and Casper might be in for a rude awakening. Casper particularly proved he isn't too bright with his awfully judged video defending Zoe's advent calendar.

They think it will be easy to build a ln agency up, just because they found success easily and gleam was built easily. But the playing field has changed, competition to make it as a social media influencer is now at least 100 times harder. There won't be another lot like the gleam crew to make it so easily.

It's looking like a bit of a flop judging on them signing that Mikey guy who peaked years ago and his views are a fraction of what they used to be.

Reactions: 2
Now they've signed Anna Maynard

Jack and Conor sister.

So they just sign their friends up?
Where's the real talent??

Reactions: 4
I mean, they’re just signing their friends and friends of friends, so far right???

Am I missing something? They need to widen their net if they really want to pull in some real talent.

Reactions: 5
Just what the world needs another sibling that got all their subs from having a famous family member.

Getting 100k subs for doing nothing I'm one day isn't something to brag about. How about doing something to actually earn your subs and not ride of the coatails of others!

Reactions: 10
These are pity signings or they couldn’t find anyone else. No one with a right mind would sign Mikey hoping for success.

The bios they've written scream amateur. Or maybe they got Zoella to ghostwrite them :sneaky:
Zoella gave up writing her blog years ago and doesn't even write her Instagram comments or replys to fans anymore - her social media manager does it all.

Never mind the record breaking best selling author has a new book out soon.

I think Joe signed these people due to pitty and desperation on his part.

I think Joe will have cleaned everything up last year when Zoe's homophobic and nasty tweets were deleted. I expect any bad yet footage has been got rid of even if others uploaded it.

A bit ot but was speaking to someone with a very small following (well less than 100k) who joined gleam this year. Even for her they did a full audit to get rid of anything troublesome. Obviously learnt their lesson after not doing due diligence on their biggest "tallent".
If going by what Jack said to be true though he deleted all his old tweets years before entering the jungle (when he signed up with gleam) yet his tweets were still saved and screenshotted to be published publicly. Even if Joe cleaned up his twitter, it can still possible come back to bite him in the ass like it did with Jack x

The title is a bit of a tongue twister, doesn't roll of the tongue.

The BBC used YouTubers years ago on radio 1 on Sundays, that didn't last long as none of them were any good. They just wanted to show they were on trend.

Average age of strictly viewer is in their 50s to 60s
The BBC used to have two YouTubers Dan and Phil host radio shows for years actually and let them do the Brit awards and stuff for it before Dan and Phil quiet after years of working there (which is when the BBC tried to get other YouTubers involved and failed) x

I don't buy the Joe the good guy act. He like his sister will exploit fans for money. Also like his big sis hasn't developed his content and stayed lazy. That's why he's not s big deal. I know people hate Felix but at least he has mixed it up and adapted rather than just doing the same thing for almost a decade.

That sweets box looks as much of a rip-off as that advent calendar. There are loads of companies now offering packaged (cheap) sweets like this, I don't see how this will stand out, the market already seems to be saturated. £10 would still be a lot for it lol.

I haven't watched Strictly since Louis Smith was on it but I'll be checking in to see Joe for a laugh. I can see him being so self-conscious, bless him, but the money and exposure will do him good, no doubt about that. I do wish him well though and hope he lands a tv presenting role if that's what he's after. I can totally see him being one of the 'joke acts' this year:giggle:

At every school there is some mum putting sweets in little packages to sell on for an inflated price. Even the winner of the apprentice last year was putting black jacks and refreshers into a jar then multiplying the price by 10 and saying they were "luxury gormet sweets".

Joe could take a risk on some upcoming actual tallent and help them, although can't see him being much of a mentor as it all happened so easily to him.

Gleam are actually signing some tallent these days.

It's still another month until he starts dancing, was hoping it might be this weekend!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.