Joe Sugg #9 Joe and Dianne: strictly a bore with hideous home decor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBH Mark and Poppy would be nice to Dianne its just mean girl Zoe.
I can't imagine poppy being very nice to dianne for some reason especially with the way she claims ottie as her own, she'd want to be seen as the number 1 auntie can't have dianne taking that away can she.

Reactions: 7
I think Mark will be VERY nice to Dianne as he'll be sniffing around Joe for views now that Zoe won't be available for Jac Potates* and karaoke screech sessions.

*I tried their word shortening for authenticity and I hated it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
i know people love their children and want to show them off but i don’t think i can follow andrew much longer with how much he’s posting about zofia

Reactions: 3
i know people love their children and want to show them off but i don’t think i can follow andrew much longer with how much he’s posting about zofia
I never could follow Andrew or Mel, they are just Too Much. It was bad enough when their Instas were shrines to each other, but now all they post is baby spam :sleep:

Reactions: 4
Don’t follow them then! They are literally the brother and sister in law to be of a celebrity you like or follow. Not celebrities in their own right though I am sure they would like to ve and you don’t know them. I find it very weird when fans of dianne comment on their pictures

Yeah, I don't think he enjoyed this whole Strictly experience. The producers really love to give Dianne those type of guys 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Yeah, I don't think he enjoyed this whole Strictly experience. The producers really love to give Dianne those type of guys 🙄
He didn't come across at all like he was enjoying it and can't help thinking his health scare was an excuse. I really feel sorry for Dianne as I saw Robert's wife thanked her on her post for making teaching him enjoyable. It must be pretty demoralising having to teach people who blatantly don't want to be there 3 years in a row now. It would be nice if for once the producers actually give her a chance

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I do get that he struggled because of his health issues, but the other criticisms - not quite sure what he expected it to be like? The short rehearsal time, filming the VTs - none of these are big secrets they don't tell you before you sign up. Just baffled as to why he agreed to do it in the first place, especially if he was on the fence anyway because of his health

Reactions: 9
The comments comparing it to theatre and only getting one chance to do a dance are ridiculous…. Did he not know what the show entailed beforehand?
I do think a lot of celebs don’t seem to get the amount of rehearsal needed and he was obviously one of them and then found actually with his health he shouldn’t have been doing it. Shame for him and Dianne but better to pull out now.

Reactions: 5
I truly believe that someone/more than one person backstage on production dislikes her(and to some extent Gorka as well) and I’m pretty sure Shirls doesn’t either because she’s a “threat”. If the pair of them left soon I wouldn’t be surprised. There’s just something weird about strictly at the moment.

As for the article I’m not really sure what to make of it. It’s the ☀ after all and I’m inclined to take it with a pinch of salt because I’m almost certain he’s probably had his words manipulated and quotes massively cut down to some extent to fit the writers/publishers agenda. I think the theatre comment is odd but semi valid in the sense that for
the show it really is all down to that one performance (excluding dance off) but if you duck up during a run in play theres always tomorrow.

I just hope Dianne doesn’t read it. She’s probably already feeling guilty not that she should feel guilty because this isn’t on her but on a man who probably should’ve known better than sign up for a dance competition so soon after heart surgery. If she doesn’t leave then she needs a likeable ringer next year but I don’t think she will be there unfortunately because I think she’ll be gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The main thing about next year is that Dianne is in Burn The Floor which Jason Gilkison has always been involved in. She may be in the pros tour, she may be in the Live tour although may not be in Power of Dance (the dates don't match with BTF).
So I think Strictly could still a possibility

It probably isn't 100% coincidence if she has had three guys in a row who haven't got on with her or enjoyed it.

Reactions: 2
It probably isn't 100% coincidence if she has had three guys in a row who haven't got on with her or enjoyed it.
Who said they didn’t get on with her?? I don’t think anyone has; even in his statement Robert had nothing but praise for dianne; I commend him for not saying the cult like phrases every year that a lot of contestants do; it’s refreshing for him and Sophie Ellis bextor to say the obvious and that is a strange tv show at times and a lot of hard work.

I truly believe that someone/more than one person backstage on production dislikes her(and to some extent Gorka as well) and I’m pretty sure Shirls doesn’t either because she’s a “threat”. If the pair of them left soon I wouldn’t be surprised. There’s just something weird about strictly at the moment.
Hard agree - something is off with the whole show this year? I can't put my finger on what it is. It could just be all the restrictions that remain in place with the show but feels like more than that.

I don't think it's Dianne's fault she has had bad luck with partners for the last two years with Max and Robert. Rev enjoyed his time on the show with her, Joe obviously did and do we have any reason to believe Dev didn't? I thought that was just the case of a shock early exit.

Some people really do love jumping to conclusions don’t they. I really don’t think if it was Dianne who ‘was the problem’ Roberts wife would be leaving comments on her insta thanking her and saying how unbelievably kind and patient she has been to Robert and that he couldn’t of had a better partner… that would be extremely odd if they didn’t get along!
Maybe his problem was that the show wasn’t what he expected and a lot harder than he could have imagined and alongside his health condition he just found it all too much. That’s absolutely nothing on Dianne… she has as already said just seemed to of had very bad luck for the past two years. Rev, Joe and Dev only ever had very nice things to say about her. Max just wasn’t interested and Robert has struggled but by what he’s said, has a lot of time and respect for Dianne.

Reactions: 6
Hard agree - something is off with the whole show this year? I can't put my finger on what it is. It could just be all the restrictions that remain in place with the show but feels like more than that.

I don't think it's Dianne's fault she has had bad luck with partners for the last two years with Max and Robert. Rev enjoyed his time on the show with her, Joe obviously did and do we have any reason to believe Dev didn't? I thought that was just the case of a shock early exit.
Imo the show hasn’t felt right since the new production team took over from Louise Rainbow in 2019. The lack of studio audience the last two years along with other restrictions aren’t helping. But there’s something else I can’t figure out

With Dev I still think something was off that night and it’s a hill I’m very prepared to die on. How wooden David James got further than him I’ll never know.

I also don’t think we can really judge partnerships that only last four shows. Yes sometimes people just hit it off right away but at the end of the day the pros are simply there to do a job.

I imagine they’ve all had professional partners pre-strictly who’ve been a great friend and partners who’ve simply been a colleague who’ve they’ve danced with for a bit and moved on.

I do think had Rob not had health issues they’d have got to at least Halloween maybe another week beyond it. He certainly wasn’t awful and did give me the impression he’d be quite good at traditional ballroom but I guess we’ll never know.

As for her next year…. I doubt she’ll do January/feb arena tour. I can see her going back home to Australia possibly with Joe if borders/restrictions have eased. I think she’ll want to try so she can meet Zofia and January would be a good opportunity for her especially if the tour is just going to be her dancing in the background again. Her doing BTF/POD/pro tour wouldn’t necessarily mean she’s continuing on as a pro. Pasha announced his departure but still did a 2019 touring season.

Oh yes, I forgot this was a Dianne fan thread. My mistake!

"Haven't got on with" wasn't really what I meant as I wrote that very quickly, but her last three partnerships have felt a bit awkward. Obviously with Robert he was worried about his health but I dont know, there always seems to be something lacking in her partnerships and you can say it's bad luck and always blame the partners, but they are partnerships at the end of the day and it takes two to tango.

I'm not bothered about seeing her with a ringer, she's a bit dull to watch IMO.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Oh yes, I forgot this was a Dianne fan thread. My mistake!

"Haven't got on with" wasn't really what I meant as I wrote that very quickly, but her last three partnerships have felt a bit awkward. Obviously with Robert he was worried about his health but I dont know, there always seems to be something lacking in her partnerships and you can say it's bad luck and always blame the partners, but they are partnerships at the end of the day and it takes two to tango.

I'm not bothered about seeing her with a ringer, she's a bit dull to watch IMO.
My thoughts exactly, sorry to upset the Dianne ravers but she’s really nothing special or amazingly different to watch. It probably is just her pulling the short straw with production when it comes to partners but someone has to, and she’s made it pretty obvious she can’t make them stick around.

Reactions: 7
I also doubt there is a conspiracy behind the scenes with producers trying to stitch her up or dislike her…. On paper her partners she’s had you would think would do well… dev - a popular radio 1 DJ, max - a boyband member, and Robert Webb who is a famous comedian from a popular comedy show and did well on that celeb dance show thing. On paper it should have worked so I actually think the producers have been kind to her in some ways. No one was to know it would pan out how it did.
also I can never see Dianne leaving strictly - she seems to love the show in everything she says and other than her YouTube, everything she does is connected to her connection on strictly - can’t see her walking away from that.

Reactions: 6
My thoughts exactly, sorry to upset the Dianne ravers but she’s really nothing special or amazingly different to watch. It probably is just her pulling the short straw with production when it comes to partners but someone has to, and she’s made it pretty obvious she can’t make them stick around.
Nor can half the pros then that have been on the show for year’s and can’t even make a final 🤣 You seem to think it’s just Dianne… when in reality, a lot of the ‘popular pros’ are in the exact same situation if they don’t get given ones who can actually dance.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.