Joe Sugg #6 one mans trash thread is another womans rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, she just wears what's she wants and likes! And isn't that what most normal people do anyways? Not everyone has to be a style guru. It's not like when you become famous you have to start putting together well matching fashionable items.
I've got a friend who has always worn not the coolest outfits, but you can tell she has her own taste and that's cool and something a lot of people don't have, she's not influenced by new trends every damn year!
I agree individualism is better that just what’s on trend. What I do hate about the whole influencer industry though is the exploitation of popularity and the cushy opportunities given to people who scarcely deserve it.

Dianne for example doesn’t have an eye or any skill in commercial design, yet she’s had the opportunity to design/sell work out gear. Her fans will buy it because it’s hers and not because it’s particularly nice or good value.

I don’t deny she has always been lovely, possibly too lovely, to her fans, but this is the wider issue that grinds my gears.

Reactions: 5
gear. Her fans will buy it because it’s hers and not because it’s particularly nice or good value.
Whether it is nice or not is completely opinion based. To one person they are fashionable to another they are not. Neither are right or wrong it’s just individual taste.

I would argue she’s not getting this opportunity or any other one because she’s now an “influencer”. She is still a Strictly professional dancer, she has amassed a following because of her talent which got her a place on a popular television show. Unlike most other influencers she started YouTube after being on national television. She’s not been granted opportunities because she’s pretty or looks good. She and all the other Strictly professionals are incredibly hardworking, talented and driven. I certainly wouldn’t begrudge them any new opportunities in a time where their income has been affected by Covid and less tours. Dianne has branched out into something new, good for her.

Also it’s not like she’s trying to sell people any old rubbish for an easy money maker. She’s a dancer. They live in activewear. Look at any of her YouTube videos or livestreams, she’s always wearing leggings and gym clothes. She’s now brought out some in designs that she likes again good for her, it’s really no big deal.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I also like that her activewear range is with a smaller business rather than a large corporation!

Reactions: 7
Whether it is nice or not is completely opinion based. To one person they are fashionable to another they are not. Neither are right or wrong it’s just individual taste.
Agree, but people spend time and money studying fashion, trends, colour theory etc. (there is actual science behind was ‘looks good’) and it must be frustrating to see influencers ‘designing’ collections.

I would argue she’s not getting this opportunity or any other one because she’s now an “influencer”. She is still a Strictly professional dancer, she has amassed a following because of her talent which got her a place on a popular television show. Unlike most other influencers she started YouTube after being on national television. She’s not been granted opportunities because she’s pretty or looks good.
this is where I can’t agree; of course she’s an influencer thanks to exposure from her dance career; doesn’t negate her hard work and training as a dancer, but do you think she would have this following if she wasn’t talented or pretty?

I mean it’s not just Dianne, that’s just how the world works, these people, talented or hardworking as they may be, DO exploit their popularity for money. It’s their job, I’m not really blaming them, just commenting! We’ve all got to hustle!

Anyway think I will refrain from commenting further, these threads get really tenuous when it’s rave vs. rant - at least the thread is aptly named!

Reactions: 3
do you think she would have this following if she wasn’t talented or pretty
She would not have a following if she wasn’t talented as a dancer no. We wouldn’t know who she is if she didn’t have that talent.

My point is that she has this following as a result of her talent unlike many other influencers who just get lucky on social media, are famous for how they look or go on a show like Love Island. They are influencers with no other success unlike a Strictly pro so she’s not like all of the rest of them.

Not a minion or complete defender of Joe or Dianne at all I just admire her talent and how hard she’s worked to get where she is and I don’t see her like other influencers that are out there.

Reactions: 7
The thing with Dianne as well is that I don’t feel like all her vlogs are just adverts to sell stuff.

Just an FYI, this thread title was meant to be a joke, not a guideline, you don't have to rave about Dianne if you don't want to 🤣

They have indeed.
Ok, this is the second time now you've known something about them moving, tell us what you know! 😆 I had my suspicions that they were moving this weekend as they've been quiet the past couple of days and their stories tonight were all zoomed in, but how do you know? 🧐

that seems like the most likely explanation with all the zoomed-in stories, and both of them haven't done their live streams for a while either

Reactions: 2
I see the minions are all kicking off on twitter at stuff they have seen on tattle. Something to do with the brand Dianne is working with being unethical or something, I don’t remember seeing it on this thread but must have missed it. Half of them are crying over this thread and the other half are now refusing to buy anything from the new range 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.