Joanne Larby aka MakeUpFairy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just irrationally annoyed that she's friendly with daintydressdiaries because I liked her, and now I'm questioning her integrity šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆ
Iā€™m not one bit surprised with that friendship, JL fancies her self an interior designer now and has been Doing some ā€œdiyā€ since moving and has created a home account, no doubt of the back of how popular dainty is, donā€™t get me wrong dainty doesnā€™t own the idea or anything and no their content is not similar but I canā€™t help be irritated that she feels the need to create a home account, just feels greedy. Itā€™s not done out of anything else other than to get free tit gifted to her.

Reactions: 3
Iā€™m not one bit surprised with that friendship, JL fancies her self an interior designer now and has been Doing some ā€œdiyā€ since moving and has created a home account, no doubt of the back of how popular dainty is, donā€™t get me wrong dainty doesnā€™t own the idea or anything and no their content is not similar but I canā€™t help be irritated that she feels the need to create a home account, just feels greedy. Itā€™s not done out of anything else other than to get free tit gifted to her.
We should take bets on what she's going to venture into next! My money is on setting up her own botanic gardens with all the plants. She has more plants than friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So is there a difference between a gift and a press drop or are they both the same ?

Reactions: 1
Ohhh spill ?!! She is a loon , I know someone who knows someone etc and they told me that she would insist nobody from her family extended family would be allowed post any pictures of her when at family gatherings! Granted the info comes through a few sources but I honestly believe it , you would be hard pushed finding an unedited picture of her online.
Oh believe me, if it wasnt for the person in question who has had dealings with her is one of my close friends I would be spilling all šŸ˜‚ let's just say she has a touch of the single white female in her šŸ˜³

Stumbled upon this thread, also surprised there isnā€™t more about her. I follow her on Instagram and really tried to give her a chance but find her so false. She still edits pictures, which to me is so bizarre considering she rams down the followers throat how finally happy she is with her body after hating her self for so long. To be clear I have no issue with her size be it 8 or 20 just the blatant dishonesty and editing is sickening. She also has delusions of grandeur regarding her life in the public eye, someone posted can we see a pic of your new house and she replied as she and Adam is in the public eye for privacy and safety reasons she canā€™t share a picture of her house šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ ffs so sue and pippa live in mansions are worth millions and everyone knows where they live and you know what no one cares. Get over yourself. Never knew about the whole red duchess drama but makes sense, her paid content she tried to flog to people all of a sudden was never mentioned again.
I just think its so off key at the moment, slow mo views of her big Mercedes and her shoe racks, designer bag shelf and then being paranoid to show her house. Its all very tasteless, there is no denying she has a great life but I just dont think right now is the moment to be be bragging about all your expensive things. Doing a poll before every post asking if it is ok to post, that in itself tells you it isnt so just dont. I will stop moaning and just unfollow.

Ah it's only a matter of time before she shafts her too šŸ˜‚
She only sent her that gift so dainty would share cos she has high engagement and everyone adores her. Totally using her for content.

I saw her last week, post a rattan pouffe asking for recommendations of suppliers, next thing the gifted pouffe is on her stories. Its greedy and grimy

Reactions: 5
I had a look at her feed this evening as I haven't looked in a while. Same boring shite. The pic of her in the blue swimsuit is interesting. She comments at length a out how being skinny didn't make her happy and how accepting she is of her body now. Yet she still edits her body. She's at the same crap she was at 3 years ago when she got called out. I can't believe I wasted 3 mins reading her hypocritical caption. She hasn't changed, she hasn't learned anything and she never will.

Youā€™re so right. Sorry for making you go there :) I donā€™t expect anyone to be thin, or even to be interesting, its their account. But the greediness and showiness and continued claims of being grounded is just insincere. Maybe Iā€™m subconsciously jealous she dupes people to buy things she gets for free when half the country has had their income impacted by a global catastrophe. There are many more caring, compassionate and worthy people to follow. Iā€™m goin to take my own advice! Lol

• Heart
She seems properly messed up. The whole editing controversy should have been a wake up call to maybe walk away from the blogging. I mean if sheā€™s a qualified make up artist, she couldā€™ve worked in the industry out of the public eye. I mean if she was good and had contacts in it. Although I guess she had probably gone too far and people might not not want to risk hiring her. I canā€™t imagine what she would be like to work with.

The whole relationship with Adam seems odd. Is it possible that he since he runs he own digital branding agency, that she has hired him to basically try and rebrand her image full time. I know it sounds mean but maybe is getting paid.

Iā€™m surprised Debrah Ireland worked with her for that trip. If I was a charity Iā€™d be avoiding working with her along with many other influencers.

The whole mental health thing is disgusting. I mean most celebs seem to have jumped on the band wagon at this stage. In a few years time people will look back and say how messed up it was. Im surprised more experts havenā€™t came out and said you shouldnā€™t be talking about this sort of stuff, you might have experienced issues but your not qualified to talk to the public about them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
She seems properly messed up. The whole editing controversy should have been a wake up call to maybe walk away from the blogging. I mean if sheā€™s a qualified make up artist, she couldā€™ve worked in the industry out of the public eye. I mean if she was good and had contacts in it. Although I guess she had probably gone too far and people might not not want to risk hiring her. I canā€™t imagine what she would be like to work with.

The whole relationship with Adam seems odd. Is it possible that he since he runs he own digital branding agency, that she has hired him to basically try and rebrand her image full time. I know it sounds mean but maybe is getting paid.

Iā€™m surprised Debrah Ireland worked with her for that trip. If I was a charity Iā€™d be avoiding working with her along with many other influencers.

The whole mental health thing is disgusting. I mean most celebs seem to have jumped on the band wagon at this stage. In a few years time people will look back and say how messed up it was. Im surprised more experts havenā€™t came out and said you shouldnā€™t be talking about this sort of stuff, you might have experienced issues but your not qualified to talk to the public about them.
Nail on the head there šŸ‘šŸ¼

Youā€™re so right. Sorry for making you go there :) I donā€™t expect anyone to be thin, or even to be interesting, its their account. But the greediness and showiness and continued claims of being grounded is just insincere. Maybe Iā€™m subconsciously jealous she dupes people to buy things she gets for free when half the country has had their income impacted by a global catastrophe. There are many more caring, compassionate and worthy people to follow. Iā€™m goin to take my own advice! Lol
Don't be jealous of anything she posts, it's all smoke and mirrors.

I do feel a bit sorry for her. It seems none of her friends, her mother or boyfriends have pulled her aside and tried to get her help for her very obvious issues. Or maybe they have and have been shot down? There's no way Joanne is happy in herself as she is.

Last edited:
Don't be jealous of anything she posts, it's all smoke and mirrors.

I do feel a bit sorry for her. It seems none of her friends, her mother or boyfriends have pulled her aside and tried to get her help for her very obvious issues. Or maybe they have and have been shot down? There's no way Joanne is happy in herself as she is.
Maybe her ex did pull her aside when she moved to London and she didn't take it well. Maybe he thought she was going too far with the editing. He is a personal trainer so he could have thought she might negativly impact him. If I was a personal trainer and my partner was photoshopping erything I'd be telling her to ease up on it.

Has she many collabrations now. I'd be very suprised if many businesses in the middle of nowhere in West Cork are giving her free stuff let alone paying her.

Reactions: 2
Maybe her ex did pull her aside when she moved to London and she didn't take it well. Maybe he thought she was going too far with the editing. He is a personal trainer so he could have thought she might negativly impact him. If I was a personal trainer and my partner was photoshopping erything I'd be telling her to ease up on it.

Has she many collabrations now. I'd be very suprised if many businesses in the middle of nowhere in West Cork are giving her free stuff let alone paying her.
Yeah like I said, maybe they did and were shot down.

She's still editing herself, giving herself a gaunt face but she's big everywhere else. She looks ridiculously out of proportion. I don't know how she can post those pics in all seriousness.

I don't look at her feed that often so no idea who is still collaborating with her. I know I couldn't support any brand that used her as an ambassador. That's just me though.

She looks completly different from one day to the next. I know people can suffer from bloatedness but there is no way her Stomch can fluctuate that much. She isn't fooling anybody at this stage.

Her ex was my PT for a while and admittedly I only knew him professionally but he in no way encouraged ā€˜taking short cutsā€™ to get the body I wanted, but he also was clear that the first step is accepting your body and making the best of it. For example Iā€™m 5ft 2 and pear shaped, I wouldnā€™t ever be able to look like Kate moss. Itā€™s just not my build. I would be chastised if I didnā€™t eat enough or slacked off exercise.

In short he made it clear you had to work hard for it & there was no other way. So yea, Iā€™d say he had a big issue especially as he was also her PT when they were together.

Her ex was my PT for a while and admittedly I only knew him professionally but he in no way encouraged ā€˜taking short cutsā€™ to get the body I wanted, but he also was clear that the first step is accepting your body and making the best of it. For example Iā€™m 5ft 2 and pear shaped, I wouldnā€™t ever be able to look like Kate moss. Itā€™s just not my build. I would be chastised if I didnā€™t eat enough or slacked off exercise.

In short he made it clear you had to work hard for it & there was no other way. So yea, Iā€™d say he had a big issue especially as he was also her PT when they were together.
Makes sense alright. Im sure if he has seen her intsagram in the last year, he thinks, I dodged a bullet there. I'd even wonder how much of a fitness freak she was back then or was it all just put on. Even now she has random pictures of her yoga mat and kettlebells or that her BF is building a DIY gym outside. Who does she think she is fooling.

I started working with a PT last year. Sticking to my plan about 80% of the time is the goal. Skipping meals is a big no no, treats are fine once they're in moderation eg not every day and not every meal. It's hard work at times but I do enjoy it. I can't take Joanne seriously as being any way interested in health or fitness when she puts chunks of chocolate bars in her porridge. She wants to fool people into thinking she's this health and fitness freak but won't do any of the work and relies on photoshop and facetune instead.

The 1st episode of the new series is an interview with Adam. How desperate are you for guests that you have to get your boyfriend to do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The 1st episode of the new series is an interview with Adam. How desperate are you for guests that you have to get your boyfriend to do it.
What happened to keeping him off social media & not using him as content to protect their ā€œprivacyā€šŸ¤£

• Haha
What happened to keeping him off social media & not using him as content to protect their ā€œprivacyā€šŸ¤£
She didnā€™t say that did she. She has some neck on her.

Even from the preview it the relationship sounds completely fake. They never went on superficial dates because they relationship is so deep and meaningful. Pass the sick bucketšŸ¤®šŸ¤®

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.