Joan Rivers: What did you think of her?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved her! She would have been a member of Tattle for sure, providing all the ☕

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh, I forgot to add my favourite quote when she was interviewed on Graham Norton:

“I hate when people say ‘oh, they’re seventy seven years young. I met Vanessa Feltz the other day and she said ‘here’s Joan, seventy seven years young’ and I went ‘here’s Vanessa Feltz, three hundred and fifty pounds thin’” 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Pure wit! Adored her. I used to binge fashion police just for her. Smashed every ceiling for female comedy.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh, I did like her. She could be so mean but somehow I just liked her. Plus she was always pretty quick to send herself up too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
LOVED HER! Gave zero fucks throughout despite the tit life threw at her. It's such a shame she died when she did, she seemed invincible and should have been giving sass for a few more years.

Not sure about her daughter though, tries to emulate Joan but Melissa just doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Adored her!! I watched her show on Netflix last night, I haven’t watched her for a while and I’d forgot how much she makes me laugh.

Reactions: 4
Absolutely loved her, she just said what people were really thinking. I had tickets to see her at the fringe just before she died. She’s a legend

Reactions: 4
I absolutely adored her! So sad when she passed. That interview with her and Brigette Nielsen is tv gold!!!

• Heart
She really made me laugh with her razor sharp wit but used to wonder whether she would be particularly nice to know on a personal level, but a fantastic comedian.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
A classic stand up from the 80s :love:

If America had the equivalent of Comic Relief I would have loved to have seen skits of Joan Rivers appearing on Judge Judy NY vs NY 😂

Oh my I just peaked into the rabbit hole of her being murdered! Flip sake there is a conspiracy for everything. I really admire her, she was so funny, so smart and one of the few female stand ups that I can think of who really make me laugh. Trying to think of someone at the moment and can only think of Sarah Millican. I'm a fan of lots of female comedians (in writing and acting) but stand up is brutal and dont enjoy very many- Amy Schumer being a good example for me.

Reactions: 1
She really made me laugh with her razor sharp wit but used to wonder whether she would be particularly nice to know on a personal level, but a fantastic comedian.
I think she was. I watched a documentary years ago and she treated all her staff really well even paid for all of their children to go to private school.
I had tickets to go see what would have been one of her last performances but because of a house move couldn’t find them anywhere. Was gutted and so sad when she died. She was brilliant.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think she was. I watched a documentary years ago and she treated all her staff really well even paid for all of their children to go to private school.
I had tickets to go see what would have been one of her last performances but because of a house move couldn’t find them anywhere. Was gutted and so sad when she died. She was brilliant.
I love that documentary. She was incredibly hard working - looking at her blank diary, telling her team to fill it up so that she could earn the money to keep herself/friends/family in the lifestyle they were accustomed. She was also meticulous about her jokes, writing them down on cards and filing them away.