Joan Rivers: What did you think of her?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was a diamond. A brave brilliant wit like that doesnt come along very often. She was ruthlessly funny at the speed of light, without ever being a bully - quite an achievement in itself. Also she left the most exquisite and refined collection of art and furniture, a family who loved her, and no-one but third rate unfunny hags like Kathy Griffin has a bad word to say about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I loved her..and I think her comments about M Obama being a ******..which I think is true by the way...was her demise..a minor throat operation and she died...all very suspicious.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I loved her..and I think her comments about M Obama being a ******..which I think is true by the way...was her demise..a minor throat operation and she died...all very suspicious.
She had a heart attack on the table and as it was a private clinic, they didn't have an ER team on standby. By the time they got there (which I think was late as they delayed calling them), she'd gone. Very suspicious.

I remember hearing she treated everyone she knew - including those who undertook her plastic surgery etc - VERY well and showered them with gifts. She seemed so giving. šŸ’”

• Heart
Reactions: 3
A legend. She kept it real which is sooooo rare. RIP Queeeeeeen

Whether or not people liked her material, she was a truly great stand-up, and (like Phyllis Diller before her) she had to work so much harder than any male comic to make it to the top.

Reactions: 4
Loved her and her acerbic wit! She would have had a field day today with Harry and Meghans shenanigans!

Reactions: 6
Anyone on twitter wanting a laugh, have a look at #FloppyMike about MO šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

She was a diamond. A brave brilliant wit like that doesnt come along very often. She was ruthlessly funny at the speed of light, without ever being a bully - quite an achievement in itself. Also she left the most exquisite and refined collection of art and furniture, a family who loved her, and no-one but third rate unfunny hags like Kathy Griffin has a bad word to say about her.
I remember when she died some of the hot dog/street vending dudes in NY said she was always friendly, would stop to chat about their families. They were devastated.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Someone she made fun about and outed. There's many, pick one. I like her but the woman didn't mess around and she told it like she saw it so who knows who she might have pissed off enough. Could just be conspiracies but you never know. Her death seems suspicious.

I thought she was very funny but she had a team of writers behind her which many people don't realise. And when they went on strike for better conditions, she didn't stand by them. Tells me all I need to know about her.

Did she and Dame Edna Everage ever appear together on a talk show eg Parkinson or Graham Norton? Now that could have been one bitchfest.

I thought she was very funny but she had a team of writers behind her which many people don't realise. And when they went on strike for better conditions, she didn't stand by them. Tells me all I need to know about her.
All comedians have a team of writers behind them.

Was this during the writers strike too?

Did she and Dame Edna Everage ever appear together on a talk show eg Parkinson or Graham Norton? Now that could have been one bitchfest.
I always thought Joan and Lily Savage would have been GREAT on a talk show!

Reactions: 2
It was quite a nuanced dispute - the members of the WGA are not exactly coal-miners