Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Upon a little digging I find she mentioned this back in 2014.
Yes it was after he died that she went public although from the footage of him with her you can clearly see he was groping her 🤬

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Yes it was after he died that she went public although from the footage of him with her you can clearly see he was groping her 🤬
Apparently Ron from Sparks and his guitarist stopped Savile taking a young girl behind the stage when Sparks were on Top of the Pops.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Apparently Ron from Sparks and his guitarist stopped Savile taking a young girl behind the stage when Sparks were on Top of the Pops.
Ron was the tall one who looked like Hitler and only moved his hands and eyes when playing keyboard?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The colleen Nolan news is out again as she talks about savile on tonight's "Life stories" with Piers Morgan.

Reactions: 4
I was born and bred in Leeds and still live there and have always lived around the North and East side. JS had the infamous flat overlooking Roundhay Park as one of his residences and it was where he used to hold court with police officers in the 'Friday Club'. One of them was his 'driver' after he (the senior officer) retired and lived very close to a relative of mine. He was very proud of this, less so when he became the subject of post-Savile investigations! So, Savile was always a local fixture in one form or another. He was known for being a 'regular' at certain north Leeds restaurants and blagging free meals, using his status.

In the early 1980s, when I was about 12, I was walking up a local road. It was a Sunday and quiet. Jimmy Savile then jogged past me, smiled and waved. I was quite surprised and, when I got home, was telling my mum. She stopped me in my tracks and said, 'Never, ever go near that man!' I asked why not and she proceeded to tell me that when she was at school, aged 14, her classmate was going off to 'see' JS from school, when he was DJing at the Mecca Locarno in Leeds. She claimed to be his 'girlfriend'. She didn't finish her education and disappeared from school. When my mum asked the girl's mum where she was (they were local), her mum said she had 'gone to Scotland to live with her gran.' Back then (late 1950s), this was code for a teenage pregnancy. Mum is convinced he got this girl pregnant (she was definitely 'involved' with him) and thought he was a creep back then.

Of course, this was back in the day when older men leering over young teens wasn't regarded in quite the same way as it is now. It appears that nobody did anything about it at the time, nor was particularly interested. I never realized how much my mum detested JS until that point. My point is that people did know what a perv he was long before all the stories went viral but it was kept within the realms of local gossip. Mum has stuck to the same story ever since. Good job I never asked to write to Jim'll Fix It, which was peak viewing around that time. Mind you, I never really took to him, so wasn't particularly inclined!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I don’t know whether any of you are fans of the crime writer Val McDermid, but she has a character in a couple of her books that were based on Savile. The characters name is ‘Jacko Vance’, he’s a celebrity paedophile who abducts, rapes and murders young girls. The first book he features in was published in 1997, and the fact the character is based on Savile is unmistakable when reading the book. She’s since admittedly publicly that she wrote the character based on interviews with Savile that she did during her time as a journalist in the late 70’s and rumours that were circulating even that far back.
Really? I read that book and thought Jacko Vance and his wife were modelled around a well known husband and wife presenting duo. Obviously they aren’t linked to crime IRL, but the character’s behaviour and mannerisms seemed so familiar.

One thing I remember about the 70s and 80s and going to school at the time, an adult's word trumped a child's ALWAYS. I had incidents in school (not of a sexual nature) of adults boldface lying or not letting you explain a situation, you had to put up and shut-up, their word was law. Most parents, the first thing they would say to you was "What did you do wrong?", never ask you what happened, because they would be upset that you are showing them up or something. As far as those down with the kids teachers, they are either pervs or lousy teachers.

The first time I experienced communal showers was in school in England, running the gauntlet of showerheads naked, while holding a towel over your head. It was just a foreign concept to me, as in Canada the shower stalls were separate and the teachers never gave us enough time to shower btw classes. Loads of Impulse choking you in the changing room.

The was an American journalist, Leah McGrath Goodman, who was trying to write a book on the historic sexual abuse in Jersey (Haute de la Garenne), visited by JS. When she told Jersey authorities what she was writing about, she was essentially banned from Jersey and the UK for a time. I can't find anything new about her investigation, but here is a quote from the Vice article at the time.

"I've never seen grown men in law enforcement and high-level government positions literally fear for themselves, their lives, and their families while trying to do their jobs and protect innocent people...Something is definitely wrong when investigating child abuse means being bullied, threatened, and smeared.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xd4...banned-from-investigating-jerseys-child-abuse
I agree. I went on an week long ‘activity holiday’ when I was just 12. One of the male staff would come up to the dorms and kiss us good night. We were 9-12yrs old. We thought he was amazing. But looking back now, I’m horrified. He gave us his address so we could write to him.

The man who was the in charge at the centre was an absolute bastard. I told him to duck off (I don’t know why). He grabbed my riding crop and chased me around the grounds. He finally caught up with me on the lawn. There were lots of other staff and kids around. He pushed me over, bend me double so I couldn’t move and thrashed my back with the crop. Everyone went silent watching it. Afterwards I limped away trying not to cry in pain and embarrassment and one staff member asked if I was ok. I said I was fine. They just all looked so uncomfortable. I told my mum and she said she though she should make a complaint. I begged her not to. Said I deserved it for swearing. I genuinely thought I’d be the one in trouble if it got reported.

Can you imagine if it happened now??

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
It just frustrates me when people pretend like they weren't aware of this behaviour (and in other situations).

The fact that this tit still goes on today and its the same story over and over again. Someone gets exposed and then everyone acts as if they weren't aware of the behaviour and so the years they spent fawning over this person is excused because they really don't care either way.

I'm not saying that everyone knew but...

Reactions: 9
It just frustrates me when people pretend like they weren't aware of this behaviour (and in other situations).

The fact that this tit still goes on today and its the same story over and over again. Someone gets exposed and then everyone acts as if they weren't aware of the behaviour and so the years they spent fawning over this person is excused because they really don't care either way.

I'm not saying that everyone knew but...
I dont think everybody *knew*.

I think a lot of people *suspected*. That's not at all the same thing.

Reactions: 4
Just noticed this thread, I'm slogging through 'In Plain Sight- the life and lies of Jimmy Savile' absolutely horrifying stuff, I love true crime and honestly I'd rather read about a serial killer! Have just got to where he's allowed access to hospitals, just chilling.

Reactions: 3
Just noticed this thread, I'm slogging through 'In Plain Sight- the life and lies of Jimmy Savile' absolutely horrifying stuff, I love true crime and honestly I'd rather read about a serial killer! Have just got to where he's allowed access to hospitals, just chilling.
It’s shocking isn’t it. For quite a big book, I read it quickly because I just couldn’t believe what I was reading. So, so many people allowed the horrific abuse to happen, it’s horrific

Reactions: 3
It’s shocking isn’t it. For quite a big book, I read it quickly because I just couldn’t believe what I was reading. So, so many people allowed the horrific abuse to happen, it’s horrific
Yes, the scale of the grooming as well, horrendous! What got me was the grooming of the parents, I know it was ‘different times’ but if that grizzled old duck turned up at my house trying to ‘date’ my teenage daughter?! He can’t have been that charming 🤢

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes, the scale of the grooming as well, horrendous! What got me was the grooming of the parents, I know it was ‘different times’ but if that grizzled old duck turned up at my house trying to ‘date’ my teenage daughter?! He can’t have been that charming 🤢
I too appreciate it was different times, but it’s hard to imagine anyone sending their young daughter off to spend time with a guy off the telly! About 15 years ago a family friend who was in her 60s said to me that sexual abuse isn’t sexual abuse if you haven’t been raped and it blew my mind.

It breaks my heart thinking how many times these young girls may have plucked up the courage to tell someone what was happening but were disbelieved because of who JS was.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I must get this book

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.