Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After he died I remember one woman on different chat shows saying she was his child. She looked a bit like him. Everyone was saying she was after his estate.
His gravestone was huge as it had all his accomplishments engraved on it as per his request. Then after the story broke it got ground down into tiny pieces.
As much as I read at the time I don’t remember how or why his hideous crimes eventually made headlines, after everything being hushed up for so long, despite people reporting him. Anyone remember?

Reactions: 24
I remember a teacher giving a few of us a bollocking at primary school for saying he was creepy citing all the charity work he did and telling us he was a very nice man 🤮
Everyone thought that. Like I said on the other thread my mum thought I was spiteful saying he was a wrong’un, the sun shone out of his arse as far as everyone was concerned. To me he radiated evil, evil little shark eyes And smug persona, even as a kid he gave me the creeps.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
He was before my time so i never knew who he was until it all came out. As soon as i saw his photo i was like to my father “well that wasn’t obvious at all just look at him” my father said when he was younger he could never watch him as he had heard the rumours years ago

Reactions: 18
I always found him creepy I just had a weird feeling about him
I used to get told off for slagging him off by people who thought he was marvellous.Jim,'ll fix it was s great programme but he ruined it for me.

Reactions: 11
At least one of his brothers was also a pedalo.
Found this on the brother.

The whole family was fucked up and incest was the norm.
That's just guesswork but certainly possible.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Given his history, I hope he wasn't left alone with her body. Where I'm from its quite normal for the deceased remains to be cared for at home until burial etc, but usually there are lots of people floating around.

Reactions: 16
Jimmy was very close to his mum an called her The Duchess. After she died he kept her body laid out on the bed in his flat in Scarborough until her funeral. He never denied it and said he ‘finally had her all to himself’. He kept all her clothes in the wardrobe and had them dry cleaned once a year, he told Louis this.

The implication is obvious I’m sure you’ll agree 🤢

Do you think he " interfered ' with the body? 🤢

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
The whole family was fucked up and incest was the norm. At least one of his brothers was also a pedalo.
Makes sense I suppose (by which i mean it makes no sense at all to a normal human but you know what I mean)

Everyone thought that. Like I said on the other thread my mum thought I was spiteful saying he was a wrong’un, the sun shone out of his arse as far as everyone was concerned. To me he radiated evil, evil little shark eyes And smug persona, even as a kid he gave me the creeps.
Interesting that the kids knew and it was the grown ups who ignored the obvious.

After he died I remember one woman on different chat shows saying she was his child. She looked a bit like him. Everyone was saying she was after his estate.
His gravestone was huge as it had all his accomplishments engraved on it as per his request. Then after the story broke it got ground down into tiny pieces.
As much as I read at the time I don’t remember how or why his hideous crimes eventually made headlines, after everything being hushed up for so long, despite people reporting him. Anyone remember?
There was an ITV documentary which broke a story of him abusing girls at an approved school-a special school for disturbed adolescent girls. That happened a year after his death.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I like to think I’m a good judge of character but I was so wrong with glitter and rolf. Rolf was an icon.

I can’t look at JS. He has the most terrifying eyes. I honestly get anxiety just looking at photos of him. He was absolutely repulsive.
You would have loved my old neighbour then, I used to call him Jimmy savile. Had the tracksuits and everything and yes, was an evil untouchable perv as well. Dead now

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Given his history, I hope he wasn't left alone with her body. Where I'm from its quite normal for the deceased remains to be cared for at home until burial etc, but usually there are lots of people floating around.
He was left alone with her. For five days. He said they were the best five days of his life.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
I’m from the city where he was from. He was prevalent in the 2 major hospitals here doing his abusing - even one of the hospitals is called Jimmy’s in his ‘honour’ 🤢

He was on TV well before my time but I remember the Louis Theroux doc - I got creepy vibes.

I remember when he died and he laid in state in one of the hotels. I was on my way to college and people were queuing up to see him!! Why??!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I've always been confused with the timeline of when the story broke, I think it was quite quickly after his death, and was it not newsnight?
Edit. I'm completely wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I always wanted to go on Jim’ll Fix It as a young child, but then when I was about ten he suddenly started giving me the creeps. He was always very handsy with pre teen girls on the show, and it made me uncomfortable.

There is a good book about him called ‘In Plain Sight’ if anyone is interested. I firmly believe everyone knew what he was. Years ago when I posted on DS people knew. We used to call him Mr Fix It on the blind gossip thread. Also when he did Celeb Big Brother someone claimed they heard George Galloway say about Savile ‘there’s stuff about him that won’t come out until he’s dead’ on the live feed late one night.
Just bought it on Amazon thanks

Reactions: 3
I’m from the city where he was from. He was prevalent in the 2 major hospitals here doing his abusing - even one of the hospitals is called Jimmy’s in his ‘honour’ 🤢

He was on TV well before my time but I remember the Louis Theroux doc - I got creepy vibes.

I remember when he died and he laid in state in one of the hotels. I was on my way to college and people were queuing up to see him!! Why??!
In his gold coffin! Its madness!

Reactions: 9
I didn't watch the first LT JS documentary but watched the second one. The one thing that really annoyed me is LT treated that nurse who claimed she and others were victims cos they had their memories of JS tarnished by these 'horrible stories' like a sweet old dear but more or else laid all the blame for JS behaviour at the feet of the female journalist who hadn't, in the 60s, gone to her male editor to run a story about JS abuse allegations when JS was the golden boy of the country 🤷🏻‍♀️Made me think LT is a massive know

As for the whole keeping his mother in the house after she died ,I'm Irish and it's quite common for bodies to be embalmed and then the deceased 'waked' at home for 2 days as opposed to a funeral home . However, given everything that has come out about JS I dread to think what he did 🤢

• Sick
I like to think I’m a good judge of character but I was so wrong with glitter and rolf. Rolf was an icon.
My colleague told me when he was at secondary school his class went to meet Rolf Harris at some kind of special event for school kids ( I can't remember what it was) but they were around 13 or 14 at the time. He said he noticed Rolf blatantly staring at his female classmate, he said "his eyes were bulging and he couldn't take his eyes off her". He said he knew the guy was not right after witnessing that and was not suprised when it all came out.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
This creepy ass mofo :sick: I used to visit Leeds to see my mum's side of the family growing up and this guy gave me the creeps when I was in single digits. I couldn't understand why this guy was such a big media star. One day I heard my grandfather say in passing he couldn't stand him, acting like the big I am. He told the story of how JS showed up one day to try out for their cycling club and was USELESS. If my grf had been alive when JS croaked, he would have been incensed by the cyclist comment listed on his gravestone, he would have had a stroke to see that gold coffin and city procession.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.