Jimmy Carr

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else think he’s a sneering utter bellend?

On Sunday Brunch right now.

I might have to turn over to the politics show when he’s on. He’s up there with Russell Brand in the biggest twit list , he’s not funny , tried to avoid paying tax and has a face only his mother could love.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
He did a show in our local arts centre a few years ago. He clearly loved himself and was the biggest pain in the butt they had ever had there (apart from Lenny Henry) He claimed that a table had fallen on his shoes and that they were now scuffed and that he was going to sue the Arts Centre, dream on twit,,...they never want to see him or his poxy shoes again.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
He’s a twit. I’ve never liked him, the tax thing just made it even easier to dislike him. And that “laugh” makes me want to rip my ears off. Only thing I watch with him in is Big Fat Quiz of the Year, because that is normally good even though he is there with his silly fake laugh.

Reactions: 12
He did a show in our local arts centre a few years ago. He clearly loved himself and was the biggest pain in the butt they had ever had there (apart from Lenny Henry) He claimed that a table had fallen on his shoes and that they were now scuffed and that he was going to sue the Arts Centre, dream on twit,,...they never want to see him or his poxy shoes again.
Really? 😳 what a tit!

Reactions: 2
I may be wrong but I can't watch him because he seems to really love himself. I prefer comedians who are more self-deprecating but personal choice, I guess. I just find them funnier.

Reactions: 8
Doing live shows on seaside piers now so career must be in decline.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I met him in starbucks back when I was at uni he was really nice and posed for a picture with me. It was over 10years ago when this happened though

Reactions: 4
I like him on Big Fat Quiz and 8 out of 10 cats, but agree that the avoiding tax avoidance really put me off. I'm just glad some of the other comedians on 8 out of 10 cats still make jokes about it and don't let him forget it. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I can’t stand him! It’s juat one liners he does. Couldn’t stand him on the inbetweeners reunion

Reactions: 3
He's back in the news for his appalling "joke" about the death of thousands of gypsies and Romani people in the Holocaust:

Not sure why this is gaining traction now, when his special came out 6 weeks ago, but anyway. I thought David Baddiel made some interesting points on this (I do think he's a very smart man in general):

His basic point is that you can make jokes about something as horrific as the Holocaust, but it totally depends on the subject and target of your humour. It's all about context, like all comedy is. It's a coincidence that this is happening in the same week as the Whoopi Goldberg stuff- I saw a clip of a comedian on Instagram (Sam Morril I think) poking fun at Whoopi, disagreeing with her statement that the Holocaust was not about race but man's inhumanity to man, and saying "Yeah that's not true. It was about a certain group. I've never heard someone say 'Say what you want about Hitler, but that guy did not discriminate'"- that's how you do it! The target of the humour is the evil people, not the countless people who were slaughtered for their race.

Not Jimmy's nasty, provocative-for-the-sake-of-it, shite. And again, he's just not funny.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Maybe it’s only gaining traction now because no one cared enough to watch it at Christmas.

I watched it and it was naff. It was all, “I’ll offend you, I’ll say something shocking and I hope I get cancelled!!”

Every joke seemed to hinge on “You can’t say this out loud anymore” which is weird, because there wasn’t a single thing he said which I hadn’t heard before 🤷‍♀️

He wanted to be cancelled and it’s happening. Perhaps there’s PR at work (he’s currently on tour) or maybe there was no one more interesting to cancel this week. It won’t touch him, cancel culture only works on people who care. Which is why it’s pointless.

Reactions: 2
slighy off topic but I’m struck by how happy a lot of trendy tv successful Twitter comedians were to dogpile on that not particularly famous comic who simply cracked ‘no one likes doing zoom shows’ a few months back but aren’t commenting on this at all.

Reactions: 1
I don’t know what he said about Travellers but it’s not surprising it was offensive. There has always been a very nasty edge to his humour which is why I’ve never liked him. Same goes for Frankie Boyle. You can be funny and tackle difficult subjects without being cruel and insulting. Those don’t seem to know how to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7