Jim Carrey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the Simpsons:-
“Hugh: I've never met anyone who so understood the magic of Jim Carrey.
Lisa:He can make you laugh with no more than a frantic flailing of his limbs.”

Reactions: 4
i had such a crush on him when i was a teenager. still a fan. havent seen him in anything for years though

Reactions: 5
Every time I think of him I think of that stuff in the papers about his ex girlfriend suicide, all that stuff about him giving her std’s, supplying her with drugs and treating her like rubbish. If this is true or not it’s still tainted my view of him

Reactions: 24
Every time I think of him I think of that stuff in the papers about his ex girlfriend suicide, all that stuff about him giving her std’s, supplying her with drugs and treating her like rubbish. If this is true or not it’s still tainted my view of him
This ^

And he's an anti-vaxxer.

He's funny but from people's accounts of him and his very me-me-me personality, I get strong narcissistic abuser vibes.

Reactions: 7
I agree with the previous 2 posters. My view of him is tainted now. He's seems very full of himself and all the stuff about how horrible he was to his ex girlfriend/Im sure he was in the news for saying Jenny McCarthey (thinks thats her name) caused her son to be autistic because she had him vaccinated. Loved him in The Mask but now its hard for me to watch his stuff after all the negatives. I just feel hes one of those big ego/full of himself famous people

Reactions: 9
I echo the the last 3 posts.
I liked him in the grinch, and the mask and ace venture when I was a kid, the number 23 was good.
But to me he's the same in every comedy film? Very over the top humour, and flailing of limbs/overly expressive face pulling

Reactions: 6
He just reminds me of that time he starred in Kick Ass 2 and then refused to promote the film because of the violence in it. 🙄🙄 The anti-vax is also not a good look.

Anyone remember Liar Liar? Loved that movie.

Reactions: 2
I always found it a bit creepy how his ex was only a couple of years older than his daughter. I know its common in Hollywood for big age gaps and stuff, but I do side-eye when men start dating someone half their age.

Reactions: 3
I’ve heard different stuff, that the family of his ex were trying to extort money out of him, pin the blame on him, etc. He’s gone a bit space cadet lately, saying how fame hasn’t brought him happiness & he’s gone on existential ramblings about the meaning of life is being a good human being, not about success, fame & money. It’s helping other people with expecting nothing in return that will make you feel fulfilled. It kinda makes sense. Interesting stuff having never been famous/rich/successful!

Here’s a clip

• Heart
He just reminds me of that time he starred in Kick Ass 2 and then refused to promote the film because of the violence in it. 🙄🙄 The anti-vax is also not a good look.

Anyone remember Liar Liar? Loved that movie.
He was good in Liar Liar but I thought Cable Guy was underrated (imo)- maybe it was a tad too dark for Hollywood at the time.

I prefer him in the non comedy roles, 23 and Eternal Sunshine etc. Knew about his ex but not all the STD/drugs stuff, that does taint my view of him. :(

Nope cannot stand him, gave that poor girl herpes and ghosted her the dirty old woman.

He plays the same character in every thing he does!!? He’s not funny. Him and Will Ferrell are both as bad as each other

He plays the same character in every thing he does!!? He’s not funny. Him and Will Ferrell are both as bad as each other
Yeah I love his older movies (Ace Ventura, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) but feel in most things he sticks to the same thing.

Adam Sandler is another one.

Reactions: 1
I loved his comedy roles, even though he did seem as if he was playing himself all the time.

I side-eyed him when all the stuff about his deceased ex came out, but also read about her family's extortion attempts ... who knows what's true, but he does appear to have taken a back seat lately (aside from this):

I thought he and Renee Zellweger were such a fabulous couple; it's a shame they couldn't make it work.