Jesy Nelson #3 Not concerned about a black life, unless of course it's a crapist wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Max is back with another video, where he didn't stutter. I've never linked tiktok 🤞 I've done it right

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She’s 16 on the Spotify Top 50 daily charts. Ed Shitstain is no 1, I’ll gladly put it on mute and repeat to keep it there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
At the end of the day, although she's 30, I get the impression she's like a lost little girl; full of insecurities and maybe a lack of direction. This, of course, doesn't excuse any negative behaviour. I feel that maybe someone closer to home could have stepped in a long time ago and kept her out of the spotlight until she properly addressed some of her issues.

I was rooting for Jesy tbh, I really thought she was gonna come out with something akin to the likes of Mutya Buena's* kinda sound/vibe, I think Jesy's voice would suit that style. I'm just not sure who her targeted audience with that song she released, it kinda comes across as what a young girl imagines when they think of American charts or RnB music. She's done her talent an injustice tbh!

* I'm a big fan of Mutya Buena and am aware she is mixed-race and no one else will ever compare to her in my eyes, but she is a great reference in terms of tone/vocal range

• Heart
Reactions: 30
At the end of the day, although she's 30, I get the impression she's like a lost little girl; full of insecurities and maybe a lack of direction. This, of course, doesn't excuse any negative behaviour. I feel that maybe someone closer to home could have stepped in a long time ago and kept her out of the spotlight until she properly addressed some of her issues.

I was rooting for Jesy tbh, I really thought she was gonna come out with something akin to the likes of Mutya Buena's* kinda sound/vibe, I think Jesy's voice would suit that style. I'm just not sure who her targeted audience with that song she released, it kinda comes across as what a young girl imagines when they think of American charts or RnB music. She's done her talent an injustice tbh!

* I'm a big fan of Mutya Buena and am aware she is mixed-race and no one else will ever compare to her in my eyes, but she is a great reference in terms of tone/vocal range
I loved Mutya's suff when she left Sugababes, especially Real Girl 💟

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Mutya was a legend. Sugababes were criminally underrated (and unpopular opinion I loved all line ups except the last one)

• Heart
Reactions: 62
At the end of the last thread it was mentioned that other girls are guilty of cultural appropriation too. But like trying to throw Perrie under bus for same as "defense" for Jesy when admit problem when from anyone but her....they stopped and are obviously not trying to appear Asian.

Reactions: 7
I remember in her documentary her mum trying to encourage her to tone down her makeup and be more natural - she wasn’t interested, didn’t want to hear it.

I have no doubt that she’s been advised in the past to tone it down or risk being accused of black fishing - but I bet she wasn’t interested then either. I can well imagine her going all ‘talk to the hand’ or getting all defensive and ‘why are you saying there’s something wrong with how I look? I’m trying to be my true self, why can’t you support me?’.

MH issues do not give you an excuse to be an offensive racist and are not a get out of jail free card when you are called to account.

Reactions: 39
If anyone wants an example of how cultural appropriation impacts POC- here’s just 1 example from my life :
I’m from the Middle East, applying henna on hands during celebrations like weddings and other holidays is a custom.
I went to school in Essex. Not Jesy’s school but quite nearby and around the same time, so u can imagine the demographic, social mindset and trends were the same amongst my age group.
One day I rocked up to school with beautiful mahogany intricate henna designs on my palms and back of my hands. A group of white girls (u know the popular clique in the year group, there always was one) saw it and came down on me like an avalanche
“Why u got curry on ur hands babe”
“Does it smell like curry”
“Looks like u wiped ur arse without toilet paper”
Every. Single. Day. Until the henna stain faded, which takes around 2 weeks.
I was so traumatised, that I resorted to wearing gloves even during lessons until my henna stain faded.
Fast forward to present day and I see a fb pik from a group with a couple of the girls tagged on a holiday to Marrakech. Hands adorned in henna, wearing Arabic outfits whilst sipping cocktails on desert safari.
Imagine my fury, of the pain and torment I felt about my culture at the behest of these bimbos, only for them a few years later to wear it bcoz it’s a fashionable trend now.
my culture isn’t a bleeping aesthetic. My skin colour isn’t a bleeping aesthetic.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 294
If anyone wants an example of how cultural appropriation impacts POC- here’s just 1 example from my life :
I’m from the Middle East, applying henna on hands during celebrations like weddings and other holidays is a custom.
I went to school in Essex. Not Jesy’s school but quite nearby and around the same time, so u can imagine the demographic, social mindset and trends were the same amongst my age group.
One day I rocked up to school with beautiful mahogany intricate henna designs on my palms and back of my hands. A group of white girls (u know the popular clique in the year group, there always was one) saw it and came down on me like an avalanche
“Why u got curry on ur hands babe”
“Does it smell like curry”
“Looks like u wiped ur arse without toilet paper”
Every. Single. Day. Until the henna stain faded, which takes around 2 weeks.
I was so traumatised, that I resorted to wearing gloves even during lessons until my henna stain faded.
Fast forward to present day and I see a fb pik from a group with a couple of the girls tagged on a holiday to Marrakech. Hands adorned in henna, wearing Arabic outfits whilst sipping cocktails on desert safari.
Imagine my fury, of the pain and torment I felt about my culture at the behest of these bimbos, only for them a few years later to wear it bcoz it’s a fashionable trend now.
my culture isn’t a bleeping aesthetic. My skin colour isn’t a bleeping aesthetic.
They are a bunch of uneducated imbeciles. Sorry you had to endure that in school. But you are right, to this day there is the mean girl thick as tit clique.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I think we are to be continuously cursed every few days with someone coming on and going

OMG white girls can tan too!

Aye, but noone even realises she's a white girl, that's the bleeping point Brenda 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 55
They are a bunch of uneducated imbeciles. Sorry you had to endure that in school. But you are right, to this day there is the mean girl thick as tit clique.
It bleeping disgusts me how some people are so ignorant, rude, and hateful.

I find it so sad that racism still exists in 2021.

Reactions: 24
No one is saying girls can't tan
Let's be real we all love a tan, we feel better, especially when we've been in holiday and its a natural tan
But fake tan was originally made to imitate a NATURAL tan.
I know some people can tan very dark, I'm Scottish and I shockingly enough tan, and don't burn and I tan very easily, like jesy claims to.
But I don't come back from a 2 week holiday with people questioning my dam race jesy!
Also I think people aren't realising its not just the tan that make it blackfishing, its the blaccent, the clothes, the grills, everything that is associated with black culture that she's now trying to claim as her own.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Annoyingly, her song is rising on Spotify and is still #8 on Apple Music. I guess this means she'll debut in the Top5 this week 😕(n)

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Annoyingly, her song is rising on Spotify and is still #8 on Apple Music. I guess this means she'll debut in the Top5 this week 😕(n)
But her label won't be happy with that based on all the money they've spent on her. Has any ex band member had such a car crash debut? I've got whiplash at how quickly it all went wrong

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Mutya was a legend. Sugababes were criminally underrated (and unpopular opinion I loved all line ups except the last one)
The only good thing about the last sugababes lineup was the hilarious moment when Cheryl tweedy met her sister backstage and said "are you the new sugababes mum?" 😬:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.