Jesy Nelson #3 Not concerned about a black life, unless of course it's a crapist wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My local radio station (owned by Bauer media) is driving the bloody song, we turn the radio off every time.

Reactions: 4
Twice this week i’ve been subjected to Boyz on radio 1. The line “makes me feel like a baddie” makes me die inside. I’m the same age as Jesy. 🥴
I went through a reaction video to hear it, I didn't even finish watching it, she was a bit too gushy for my liking, The Honest Vocal Coach.

Reactions: 9
Twice this week i’ve been subjected to Boyz on radio 1. The line “makes me feel like a baddie” makes me die inside. I’m the same age as Jesy. 🥴
No, this line takes the biscuit for me 🤣💀

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I'll be interested to see how Jesy's aesthetic changes as the PR machine churns. They're very much working on a victim narrative for her, and she's been savvy enough in the past to ensure she looks white for that narrative.
Blackfish when there's something to sell, but always have a vulnerable white girl victim for the reaction. They even lucked out and had a black woman to be the aggressor towards Leigh Anne, bloody hell.

Once the PR is washed away and they've run out of "feuds" to keep her in the press, I can't see Jesy making it last. Without being able to lean on Little Mix, either as part of them or using arguments with them for headlines, I just can't see her holding public attention. Kind of entertaining, that. She left the group to ensure she was the centre of attention, but can't hold that attention without using them.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'll be interested to see how Jesy's aesthetic changes as the PR machine churns. They're very much working on a victim narrative for her, and she's been savvy enough in the past to ensure she looks white for that narrative.
Blackfish when there's something to sell, but always have a vulnerable white girl victim for the reaction. They even lucked out and had a black woman to be the aggressor towards Leigh Anne, bloody hell.

Once the PR is washed away and they've run out of "feuds" to keep her in the press, I can't see Jesy making it last. Without being able to lean on Little Mix, either as part of them or using arguments with them for headlines, I just can't see her holding public attention. Kind of entertaining, that. She left the group to ensure she was the centre of attention, but can't hold that attention without using them.
The ultimate karma which will eat her up

Reactions: 6
Leigh Anne needs to bring out a song right now. Any song. Twinkle twinkle for all I care and get to number 1 🤣

release 10songs and just have the full top 10

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So Jesy has posted on IG stories she's no.2 in the Big Top 40 but nothing about the official charts :unsure: She's trying to make it look like she's done better than she actually has. I don't think she's happy at all with her chart position.
I could've sworn she put up a post yesterday (I think it was a clip from the music vid?) where she/her team finally acknowledged it in the caption. It seems to be deleted now.

Reactions: 5
Ariana Grande has definitely had her share of criticism for black fishing or attempting to look racially amibigious. At times her skin has been a bit too deep, and there have been some discussions on how she treats black culture particularly with 7 Rings (she was accused of stealing another black rapper’s flow, but I’m not sure how valid those claims are anyway).

Something Zach Campbell said in the video where he discussed Jesy I agreed with - if you’re talented enough, people will let it slide. Ariana Grande is a fantastic singer. Miley Cyrus, too, is a fantastic singer. With people who aren’t as undeniably talented (in my opinion), you’re less likely to forgive, because what are they offering? What is Rita Ora offering? What is Jesy offering? That doesn’t just apply to blackfishing and singers, it applies to just about any talented person and whatever wrong to awful thing they do. Just one example - Chris Brown. But I could really go on. Ariana Grande was called out for it, and rightly so. She’s more talented so the public can move past it quicker. Jesy simply is not.

(For the record, I’ve always thought that Ariana was trying to look more southern Italian - she is partially, and southern Italians can tan deeply, but Ariana Grande isn’t one of them! She’s since toned down the tan, as she should.)

Reactions: 14
I'm still perplexed by the accent she sings in, what is that? How can she keep that up for an album? Can you imagine a full album of this calibre of songs, dear me.

So she got to #4 with Minaj & Diddy, let's see what she can achieve alone (unless every one of her songs has a sample and a rap!?)

It wouldn't have been as bad if Jesy had done it for laughs but she really truly thinks she's the UK Baddie. Let's just hope the UK no1 Victim doesn't release a woe is me ballad next, for Christmas!

Reactions: 27
Ariana Grande has definitely had her share of criticism for black fishing or attempting to look racially amibigious. At times her skin has been a bit too deep, and there have been some discussions on how she treats black culture particularly with 7 Rings (she was accused of stealing another black rapper’s flow, but I’m not sure how valid those claims are anyway).

Something Zach Campbell said in the video where he discussed Jesy I agreed with - if you’re talented enough, people will let it slide. Ariana Grande is a fantastic singer. Miley Cyrus, too, is a fantastic singer. With people who aren’t as undeniably talented (in my opinion), you’re less likely to forgive, because what are they offering? What is Rita Ora offering? What is Jesy offering? That doesn’t just apply to blackfishing and singers, it applies to just about any talented person and whatever wrong to awful thing they do. Just one example - Chris Brown. But I could really go on. Ariana Grande was called out for it, and rightly so. She’s more talented so the public can move past it quicker. Jesy simply is not.

(For the record, I’ve always thought that Ariana was trying to look more southern Italian - she is partially, and southern Italians can tan deeply, but Ariana Grande isn’t one of them! She’s since toned down the tan, as she should.)

I'm from southern Italy, a lot of us are pasty but tan deep...but the levels she got to and the accent and stuff she put on is way beyond any of that. She seems to have toned it down lately at least though. Unlike the UK baddie 😅

Reactions: 15
I put on a random playlist on Spotify this morning and Bad Boyz was on it. It instantly makes me cringe with the start “UK Baddie”. I thought that was only on the video for some reason. How did she listen to that and think it sounds good. Pathetic for her age.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I put on a random playlist on Spotify this morning and Bad Boyz was on it. It instantly makes me cringe with the start “UK Baddie”. I thought that was only on the video for some reason. How did she listen to that and think it sounds good. Pathetic for her age.
It's hilariously pathetic that she's branded herself as the UK Baddie

Nobody has ever looked at her and thought "baddie". Many other things, but never baddie 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I think she’s trying to paint herself as a ‘black sheep’ (excuse the pun!) and underdog - that she’s hated in the UK for no reason, just being herself, and battle and fight the odds to live her truth - or some such bollocks.

The reality is she comes from a stable and loving home/background, privileged some
Would say, attending stage school etc, had every opportunity she wished, supported by family and friends to achieve her dreams. She had a lot of support and love from the public after her documentary - the trolling was limited to online - it was not THE WHOLE OF UK PEOPLE - most people in real life either didn’t know who she was or had no opinion or were genuinely shocked and felt sorry for her. When she left LM I would say that public opinion was generally ‘good for her/needs to look after herself/brave to step back’ type of thing, wishing her well.

If she’s hated now it’s because of her own choices and attitudes and presentation. Completely self inflicted. But she’ll say ‘see! I TOLD you everyone hates me.’

Everyone hates you NOW. But that’s you’re own doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Because there has been comments about how badly jesys single will do compared to adeles
Jesys debut single, which would have a lot of streams just for sheer curiosity as well, since last Friday on Spotify has had 6,426,000 streams
Adeles new single, which came out 3 days ago

Basically jesy I think there is more chance of hell freezing over than you holding your spot in the top 5 this week
In fact I don't see it even being in top 10

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.