Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pandap

Chatty Member
“Since you’ve all been asking I’ve come on here to show youz all the pyjamas I’m wearing. They’re from my Christmas collekshun with I’ve got no style. I’m wearing a 26 but they’re super stretchy so I could have sized down to probably a 10. You can add a belt to cinch them in or maybe even a leather dressing gown to grunge them up! They’re my favourite piece yet”.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
I'm a pretty easy going person.

I don't get upset by much, but she has really bothered me this evening.

MILD FUCKING CHEDDAR?! Get in the bin!

At least buy cheese with taste you giant beanbag headed moron.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
She got it gifted - I don't think she's ever paid for any of their jewellery. That's why it's £95 of course - customers are paying for influencers' freebies.
Out of principle, I'd never buy anything from that Pickle and Polish woman. She gifts SO MUCH to all of the plus size influences, then tries to reap back the pennies by charging honest working folk an arm and a leg for essentially a wonky piece of silver.

Nah mate. Stick your acorns and rainbows up your chuff.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Dont swipe up!

VIP Member
Actually dying with laughter
Following on from the ash dress drama I get this sitting in my dms
The irony is that to of seen what I put on tattle they were ON TATTLE TOO to of seen what we put etc!!
How can they not see the irony
But yes I best get looking for a new job 😂
Like my work are gonna pull me up on what I comment on
Anyone else read ‘I will find ‘ in Liam neelson voice from taken 😂😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Annie65

VIP Member
Oh yoy, she’s doing a try on tmw and talk about the fit.
I got these in a 26, they are a little lose, I could have sized down.
These red ones have a nice feel, they are so comfortable and true to fit.
My leapppppareedddd ones from my collecshuunn are my favourites. They are so soft and comfy and stylish. You can add a belt and even wear them out. Add some slippers to grunge it up
🥱

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

AuntieSocial

I've just seen on Instagram that the owner of Donald Stanley is throwing in the towel and closing the business down. Not surprising given the recent issues she spoke about. The other day I was seriously tempted to buy a turban from her, she was selling them on her stories and they weren't bad for £15 - especially when you think what she charges for her sacks, sorry dresses. But then I remembered the gifting of expensive items to the likes of Jess and Poppy, and also the Pop Up Shop you had to pay to enter, and I just couldn't do it. She has blamed the pandemic and the fact that it is difficult to maintain a sustainable business. And also that once the offers she recently had on to 'save the business' were done, they weren't getting any orders. I am sorry for her and her staff but I am aware of other businesses which sell sustainable, hand made clothing and they are thriving. However they don't alienate paying customers by giving away freebies to those who can easily afford the prices. I think it's safe to say neither Jess or Poppy ever actually bought anything from her.

• Sad
Reactions: 25

Annie65

VIP Member
We live in a world that doesn’t support sustainable business.
wrong. We live in a world where people know when they are taken for a ride charging the earth for, I’m sorry To say, very ugly clothes, and people aren’t born yesterday. You should have done your research and maybe gave them to some influencers who actually wanted to promote your clothes genuinely instead of claiming everything to be amazing for it then to never be seen again

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Chip1984

VIP Member
I buy from independents even when it means I have to pay more, but that isn't for plus-sized "tents".

My husband and I are vinyl collectors, so even if an LP is cheaper on Amazon, we go to our local independent vinyl shop to buy instead, to support them. In return for that, we're on a first-name basis with the staff, but more than that, we get first class customer service. We get small discounts here and there, Special Edition LPs that we want put aside when they first come out and even some freebies, but most of all, the satisfaction of keeping some of the loveliest people we've ever met in business. Oh and guess what? I've never had to model for them 🤣
What I'm getting at, is that Jess and Poppy have never given a flying arsehole about DS, and whether it succeeded or not. They just put their fucking tents on for what they could get...a quick buck. Whereas the majority of us who buy from independents put in to get back what we put in...which is usually 100% first class customer service and satisfaction, not a few measly quid.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Em_

VIP Member
The DS woman is really irritating. How can a brand creating hideous overpriced sacks not be left behind? Instead of moaning and whining she should just accept that her business has failed this seems unbelievably desperate. Don’t be surprised if she starts a Gofundme to keep herself afloat
View attachment 927363
That made me laugh, she's deluded. I'd love to know how her brand has created a positive impact?
If she's closing why would she expect people to still follow her?
I don't feel sorry for her at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Chip1984

VIP Member
Simply Be had 40% off everything - i think that's worth a mention by a plus sized insta hun.

Reactions: 21

urghmummybloggers

VIP Member
It’s crazy how expensive they are! They’re nothing special I’ve never understood why they are so hugely overpriced, £50 I’d understand, but £80/£100 is extortion. Shows Jess is making mega bucks if she can buy 4 oodies at once, that’s £400 just for oversized hoodies
What happened to the brand loyalty and the loungewear she *LOVED* with Donald Stanley??? 👀🥴

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

Lucylululu

People are arseholes in shops at this time of year. OK, some may have genuine worries/mental health issues, but I worked in retail for 8 Christmases up until this year and the majority are just arseholes, plain and simple. I think Jess is just making an observation of that, nothing deeper

• Sad

Chuff offohc

Title suggestion
Cant match her neck to her foundation, Wonder when she will bring out an all beige collekshunnnn

• Haha
Reactions: 20