Jessontheplussize #15 Twenty four slash twenty six, you can always add a belt to the mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why the bloody hell doesn’t she sit down when putting the boots on? We know she has a chair in there. I don’t much care for being filmed/photographed seated either as my belly looks massive but we know Jess is big so what prurpose does hopping about getting sweaty serve?

Reactions: 8
Why is she so annoyed when she is the one who put the order in for the boots without properly doing her research

Reactions: 9
It’s really hard to find boots when you have large calves. I’m a size 24 (/26 lol) but I have super curvy calves and it’s a nightmare. I have had a couple of pairs that did fit but they do tend to make the ankle too big on them. It’s like they seem to think all women with big calves have legs like tree stumps

I’m a big girl myself, and have calves very much the same as Jess, and I wouldn’t even attempt to try calf/knee boots! Just stick to ankle boots lass, it’s much less hassle.

Reactions: 6
She has a complete misunderstanding of what eee fit means. It refers only to the width of the foot, not the calf so why she keeps mentioning it I have no idea, I messaged her after the yours video explaining this but of course it went unanswered.
I have huge calves, at least as big, if not bigger than Jess and if she's done one second of actual research she'd have found simply be super curvy or extra curvy would probably fit. The largest size (extra curvy plus I think) would probably be too big on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Jesus Christ more boots. Get a stool to sit on to try them on. Maybe take the massive jumper off. Put your hair up out of the way. It's such a hard watch.
Exactly this!! I’d fall over and break my ankle trying on boots standing up and I’m nowhere near as big as Jess!!

Reactions: 1
She has a point that boots should be made bigger around the calves. I'm plus-sized but have quite slim calves (compared to the rest of my body lol) so I've not really struggled in this respect. For me it's the whole "if there's a market there, cater for them properly" argument. Too many brands are half-arsed about these things. Simply Be and Yours should know better.

Reactions: 13
She has a point that boots should be made bigger around the calves. I'm plus-sized but have quite slim calves (compared to the rest of my body lol) so I've not really struggled in this respect. For me it's the whole "if there's a market there, cater for them properly" argument. Too many brands are half-arsed about these things. Simply Be and Yours should know better.
But she’s wrong - they do have different calve sizes. She just didn’t order correctly lol. They have a variety of calve sizes, she just ordered wide fit in the shoe not calve. She clearly didn’t understand what she was ordering

• Heart
Reactions: 12
But she’s wrong - they do have different calve sizes. She just didn’t order correctly lol. They have a variety of calve sizes, she just ordered wide fit in the shoe not calve. She clearly didn’t understand what she was ordering
Oh, here we go again with me not getting the gist of things! 🙈 I'm sorry, I hadn't realised, as I just read her subs saying she'd ordered "super curvy fit" etc. I need a kick up the bum at the moment lol 😆

Reactions: 4
Oh, here we go again with me not getting the gist of things! 🙈 I'm sorry, I hadn't realised, as I just read her subs saying she'd ordered "super curvy fit" etc. I need a kick up the bum at the moment lol 😆
Sorry I wasn’t meaning it to sound like I was having a go at you, she just irritates me. She just didn’t order correctly. They have guides to show about measuring your calves etc which she clearly didn’t do.

Reactions: 10
Didn’t she say though that she did order the super curvy fit in the calf? So she did order bigger calves not wider fit on the foot?

Didn’t she say though that she did order the super curvy fit in the calf? So she did order bigger calves not wider fit on the foot?
SimplyBe Boots come in 5 calf sizes:

Standard
Curvy
Super Curvy
Curvy Plus
Extra Curvy Plus

So “Super Curvy” comes in the middle of the calf sizes. Had she ordered from the larger end of the available sizes, they would have fit. No idea why she didn’t measure her calves and use the size guide. As a pp said, she kept going on about them being wide fit and eee but that’s the shoe size part, nothing to do with the calf size.

Reactions: 14
SimplyBe Boots come in 5 calf sizes:

Standard
Curvy
Super Curvy
Curvy Plus
Extra Curvy Plus

So “Super Curvy” comes in the middle of the calf sizes. Had she ordered from the larger end of the available sizes, they would have fit. No idea why she didn’t measure her calves and use the size guide. As a pp said, she kept going on about them being wide fit and eee but that’s the shoe size part, nothing to do with the calf size.
Thanks for clarifying this - I got confused 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Thanks for clarifying this - I got confused 🤦‍♀️
Hope it didn’t seem patronising, it wasn’t meant to be 😘

Jess won’t link the boots because they didn’t fit her. Classic sulk behaviour. No mention of her ordering the wrong calf fit for her dimensions, though

Reactions: 3
One thing I will say is that while simply be have 5 different calf sizes they don't do every boot in every size. I get they have boots from other brands but they're home brand should come in all 5 options and to my knowledge they don't.

Reactions: 3
I didn't know that you could get different calf sizes, that's good to know. I would have thought Jess would have looked for boots with the biggest calf size as surely they would have fit and had that gap she wanted.

Reactions: 4
She has a complete misunderstanding of what eee fit means. It refers only to the width of the foot, not the calf so why she keeps mentioning it I have no idea, I messaged her after the yours video explaining this but of course it went unanswered.
I have huge calves, at least as big, if not bigger than Jess and if she's done one second of actual research she'd have found simply be super curvy or extra curvy would probably fit. The largest size (extra curvy plus I think) would probably be too big on her.
God that was painful to watch ! This is her ' job ' how does she continue to get it soo wrong! As previously said, with a little time and effort put into what she is buying and the result could have been an informative post with end result her having 4 pairs of boots that actually fit ! Watching her swear and huff and puff was painful and how she didn't bust all those zips trying to yank them up when it was clear they were going nowhere!

Her lack of any preparation or thought into what she is posting when this is now the job she has chosen to do is unbelievable. And don't get me started on her yellow sweaty foundation face !!

Do you know what struck me with this boots debacle, it’s exactly the same thing as all her ‘sizing down’ crap on her try ons isn’t it! I reckon she’s done the same thing here, thought she didn’t need the biggest calf size and is now throwing a strop because actually she does need bigger and she cannot for once pretend otherwise!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Wonder if this is setting the scene for her next in the style colab - wide boots collection.
Like other people have said I don't know why she didn't use the size guide to find her fit before ordering. Or is she hoping they send a bigger fit for free to #ad

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.