Jessie and Bebe Cave #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the new thread 🙌

You know I said I liked her reel that one time? The latest ones are a bit tit 😬

Reactions: 4
Thanks for the new thread 🙌

You know I said I liked her reel that one time? The latest ones are a bit tit 😬
I know Instagram is pushing reels, but why does she feel she has to make reels?! she's already an actor, comedian, artist, presenter, author, podcaster, influencer....

Sally Rooney isn't making 'comedy reels', Kate Phillips (actress she's in that period show in) isn't, Isy Suttie isn't even on Instagram...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Her reels are so unfunny and try-hard. I've never really found her comedy funny tbh. It always feels like she's playing the role of a comedian. I find her funnier and more interesting when she's just being herself.
Also, 'if you had potatoes for lunch you can't have them for dinner' Go on Jessie! Get those food issues started early! Seriously though, does she think this is a normal thing to say to your children??

Reactions: 9
Her reels are so unfunny and try-hard. I've never really found her comedy funny tbh. It always feels like she's playing the role of a comedian. I find her funnier and more interesting when she's just being herself.
Also, 'if you had potatoes for lunch you can't have them for dinner' Go on Jessie! Get those food issues started early! Seriously though, does she think this is a normal thing to say to your children??
There was a comment calling her out for this and she said it's because she wants her kids to have a varied diet.

I call BS

Reactions: 7
Yep and saw Alfie’s comment “looking forward to people taking this too seriously” on one of her mum reels…. Well if it’s not funny and she’s a mum blogger, she needs to expect comments! It’s hilarious how thin skinned she is. Ugh thinking about her and Alfie laughing about how dumb all their “public” are is so annoying. She at least has made a career out of those kids. The narcissism seems to be getting worse lately.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I thought it was me missing something with her so-called humour. We aren't all kooky earth-mothers who are keeping our personalities in our long hair and ability to breastfeed though I guess. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There was a comment calling her out for this and she said it's because she wants her kids to have a varied diet.

I call BS
Quoting myself because it looks like she has deleted the comment now! Tells you everything you need to know

Reactions: 5
re: parenting hell pod, rob and his partner swore they'd never do the 'cry it out method' but in the end tried it out after their youngest refused to sleep, he said it was the only thing that worked and his daughter now sleeps better and for longer cos she's learned to self soothe and sometimes in parenting you have to put your principles to one side - made me think of jessie/tenn situation

on the other pod jessie said she never breastfeeds in public, which i guess explains why they're always in the house, also that she's never had mum friends, she says instagram are her mum friends 🥴 (bit of a one-sided friendship!) It still really seems like she's holding on to this idea that she's a 'young mum' but she's now 35 and donnie is 8...

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
also the irony of not wanting to discreetly breastfeed publicly but openly breastfeeding for her 213k following, there's definitely an astute point to be made linking that to her substituting irl mum friends for instagram, but I'm to lazy to think of it

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Anyone listened to the latest pod, the one where she claims to be depressed? Obviously low moods after baby is never fun and I do feel for her, but maybe if she forced herself out the house a bit more and made an effort to see more people she’d feel instantly better. Becker is 4 months old now, he shouldn’t be breastfeeding all day like a newborn and should have a bit more of a structure to his day which should make going out and about easier.
It shouldn’t be a shock to her that self-care time becomes harder to achieve with every child you have. It’s like she’s wanted so much to have a fourth child without thinking about the potential downfalls. Imagine if she didn’t have the hands on help with her mum, she’d feel ten times worse!

Reactions: 7
Anyone listened to the latest pod, the one where she claims to be depressed? Obviously low moods after baby is never fun and I do feel for her, but maybe if she forced herself out the house a bit more and made an effort to see more people she’d feel instantly better. Becker is 4 months old now, he shouldn’t be breastfeeding all day like a newborn and should have a bit more of a structure to his day which should make going out and about easier.
It shouldn’t be a shock to her that self-care time becomes harder to achieve with every child you have. It’s like she’s wanted so much to have a fourth child without thinking about the potential downfalls. Imagine if she didn’t have the hands on help with her mum, she’d feel ten times worse!
I’m absolutely convinced she’s trying to “do over” her last pregnancy and birth and instead of it going to (her) plan and THIS TIME IT’L BE GREAT it’s getting exponentially worse because - well - more other children to consider and zero self care time.

(I saw this in myself and scrapped going for #4, horrible to see it in others who don’t realise they’re doing it)

Reactions: 6
I’m absolutely convinced she’s trying to “do over” her last pregnancy and birth and instead of it going to (her) plan and THIS TIME IT’L BE GREAT it’s getting exponentially worse because - well - more other children to consider and zero self care time.

(I saw this in myself and scrapped going for #4, horrible to see it in others who don’t realise they’re doing it)
Yeah i feel bad on Tenn cos it's not his fault he had a difficult birth and couldn't tolerate breast milk! She needs to realise every child is unique and having babies isn't something that can be perfected. I feel with the new baby she's signed up for several more years intensive parenting before she'll get a bit of independence back, she's still a few years off the younger ones starting school

Reactions: 2
Genuine question to you guys, why did you feel so much pressure from yourself or others to have a perfect pregnancy/birth? It’s really interesting and I totally agree Jessie seems to be stuck on that.

Reactions: 2
Genuine question to you guys, why did you feel so much pressure from yourself or others to have a perfect pregnancy/birth? It’s really interesting and I totally agree Jessie seems to be stuck on that.
For me I felt that if I got the birth 'right', it meant I was starting out right in motherhood. Absolute bollocks obviously, but you're bombarded with messaging during pregnancy about 'natural'/perfect births that you can feel a sense of shame or even failure for things not going to plan. I refused pain relief during and after an episiotomy because the NCT messaging left me feeling that pain relief was to be avoided. What a div I was, if I ever have a second I'd do things totally differently and ignore the bullshit!

Reactions: 10
I've always felt that however the baby comes out (vaginal, c-section, forceps, suction, drugs) doesn't matter as long as they get here safely with minimal damage, emotionally and physically, to the mother, best-case scenario. But even feeling that way, I still have lingering thoughts of "could I have gotten through it without drugs?" and comparing myself to people who got by on gas and air.. it's making me think that next time I'm in labour I wanna avoid the drugs which I KNOW is irrational and ridiculous 🤦🏻‍♀️ You always end up comparing yourself no matter what, no matter how 'good or bad' it went 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks for sharing, I hope it wasn’t like a rude question. I’m sorry to hear your births didn’t go as you wanted them to. Mine didn’t either - I had a “natural” birth except for gas and air which was the opposite of the plan, things just happened way too fast for the epidural I wanted(or basically anything to reduce the pain) and so I think I still associate childbirth with being out of my control (which also sucks.) I didn’t really do any NCT or have mum friends as I had my child quite young and I prob had a lack of knowledge of my options. So whenever I read about Jessie agonising about her “perfect” birth I’m like- what? Why? If anything my birth story has just put me off having another birth (and my child is almost 8 lol)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.