Jessica Simpson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
John Mayer described her as sexual napalm. I always assumed she’d be boring in bed. Would love yo know what he meant by that.
He meant that he was obsessed with her and having sex with her, like he was addicted to her. They obviously had a very intense sex life and one would assume it was mutually enjoyable.

Reactions: 2
Her book is good, first few chapters are a bit overly religious for me but it's quite juicy!

Reactions: 3
I have the audiobook but haven't started it as yet - out of curiosity does she mention anything about her dad being gay?? I doubt she does as I'm sure it would have been headline news given that he was a super religious pastor.

I listened to the Audio book and really enjoyed it. She is much more interesting and tougher than that reality show she did suggested!

Didn’t know she had a book. Might give it a listen.
loved newlyweds and saw myself in her a bit blonde lol
I’ve got the dvds so might give them a watch.
I liked nick, he seemed more down to earth than with money.
I remember at the time I wanted to get her wedding book but couldn’t get it over here.

Reactions: 3
im part way through it, got it brand new on ebay for £10 and am enjoying it, shes a bit too honest and thats what I like about her, nothing is sugar coated so far, looking forward to getting to the meeting Nick part as used to love watching newlyweds, he was a moaning sod though, I remember when she called him to say the bra and pants she bought were more expensive than she thought and he kicked off telling her to return them......despite her being worth a fortune and most of their wealth at that point will probably have come from her......I love a trashy read ;)
I used to LOVE newlyweds too! I never really liked him either. Always telling her off. He went mad when she bought expensive sheets too for the bed. She was always so generous to him.

Reactions: 7
I used to LOVE newlyweds too! I never really liked him either. Always telling her off. He went mad when she bought expensive sheets too for the bed. She was always so generous to him.
I said it earlier in the thread but it bears repeating: Nick was borderline emotionally abusive. Jealous, controlling, disapproving, he constantly made fun of her, and although Jessica had a good sense of humour about herself, he often took it too far. Laughing at her rather than with her. He often enjoyed tormenting her too in small ways, like delighting in telling her about the baby rattlesnake he found when she was visibly upset by it, or joking he was going to go and spend time with his sexy dancers instead of her when she was clearly feeling a bit insecure. Absolutely vile man.

Do not forget that Nick refused to marry Jessica until she made an effort to “become a woman”, which meant learning to cook, clean and keep house. Such misogyny.

I will never forget him on that Newlyweds episode, being suspicious of the cleaner he hired, based on absolutely nothing. Also moaning the cleaner didn’t do what he wanted when he didn’t tell her properly, oh and then thinking he had paid her way too much! Horrible attitude.

Reactions: 15
What stomach surgery has she had?

I read the book, just the parts about Nick and I loved it when she was talking about the divorce settlement. He wanted a hell of a lot from her. Can't remember the figure but say 1 million. Then she said "oh just give him what he wants. I'll make more. And I did. A billion more."

You GO GIRL. He was never happy with her success. In the book it's a bit creepy really of Nick. He was a little older than her and with her fir her so many "firsts". He gave her her first taste of alcohol etc etc. He treated her like a little girl but expected a wife to cook and to clean and to stay at home. I didn't like it when he used to make her jealous on purpose by flirting with girls, getting pissed with lads in strip club etc etc. Poir Jessica just wanted him to be nice to her and give her attention. She always seemed to be eager to please him in the programme. She used to hire fancy cars for him, buy him a full fridge of his fave beer, tried to learn to cook for him, and dressed up so sexy for him!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I said it earlier in the thread but it bears repeating: Nick was borderline emotionally abusive. Jealous, controlling, disapproving, he constantly made fun of her, and although Jessica had a good sense of humour about herself, he often took it too far. Laughing at her rather than with her. He often enjoyed tormenting her too in small ways, like delighting in telling her about the baby rattlesnake he found when she was visibly upset by it, or joking he was going to go and spend time with his sexy dancers instead of her when she was clearly feeling a bit insecure. Absolutely vile man.

Do not forget that Nick refused to marry Jessica until she made an effort to “become a woman”, which meant learning to cook, clean and keep house. Such misogyny.

I will never forget him on that Newlyweds episode, being suspicious of the cleaner he hired, based on absolutely nothing. Also moaning the cleaner didn’t do what he wanted when he didn’t tell her properly, oh and then thinking he had paid her way too much! Horrible attitude.
Yeah he treated her like a child, I always found their relationship so uncomfortable to watch. It is so ridiculous as well as she was clearly much more successful in her career than he wsa so was definitely earning more, they never would have even had a show about him if he wasn't with her.
I found her dad so creepy, I remember one episode where they were filming a music video of hers and it was her and Nick on a bed kissing etc and the dad was practically leering, no way would either of my parents want to watch me do something like that

Yeah I remember that episode. They were under a waterfall kissing n that and in bed and the dad was proper talking about her sex life. It was horrid!

I think she said something in the book about nick not supporting her while she was working away. He refused to accompany her to an event and that. Refused to save their marriage. Look how successful she is now though. She's made loads of money.

Yeah I remember that episode. They were under a waterfall kissing n that and in bed and the dad was proper talking about her sex life. It was horrid!

I think she said something in the book about nick not supporting her while she was working away. He refused to accompany her to an event and that. Refused to save their marriage. Look how successful she is now though. She's made loads of money.
yeah exactly, he seems like a complete dick tbh, did anyone else see him on married at first sight as a host introducing himself , "of course, I am Nick Lachay".... like I am sure over 50% of the audience wouldn't even have recognised him/known who he was

• Haha
Reactions: 9
yeah exactly, he seems like a complete dick tbh, did anyone else see him on married at first sight as a host introducing himself , "of course, I am Nick Lachay".... like I am sure over 50% of the audience wouldn't even have recognised him/known who he was
No way! Didn't even know he hosted it Haha. Gonna have to watch the American version just to see him embarrass himself. I didn't like the way on newlyweds, he epipd complain to Jessica that in his interviews they would always ask about her, instead of his new single or whatever and he would be raging lol! Everyone just wanted to know about her and ge only got airtime because of her and I bet he knows it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No way! Didn't even know he hosted it Haha. Gonna have to watch the American version just to see him embarrass himself. I didn't like the way on newlyweds, he epipd complain to Jessica that in his interviews they would always ask about her, instead of his new single or whatever and he would be raging lol! Everyone just wanted to know about her and ge only got airtime because of her and I bet he knows it.
oh god it was SO cringe. he interviewed his wife by her name and then and "and of course "

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeah I think HBO are making a series out of it!

**Edit, sorry it's Amazon

Reactions: 1
It was a female family friend that was around the same age as her who was also being abused.

He's been known as creepy pappa joe for the last decade for a reason! Although none of that will come out in her book. Remember when nick said the best thing about being divorced was Joe not trying to grab him anymore..
Bib regardless of Joe being a creep, that just reeks of homophobia on Nick's part. I very much doubt Joe would have cracked onto Jessica's husband. Lachey is a total twit.

Bib regardless of Joe being a creep, that just reeks of homophobia on Nick's part. I very much doubt Joe would have cracked onto Jessica's husband. Lachey is a total twit.
Yeah I don't disagree, nick was very uncomfortable with the Dick LaGay (IIRC) parody. Joe being a creep and Nick being homophobic are not mutually exclusive.

I doubt he actually tried anything but I think nick did sence something. But very classless and bitter to say what he did, even though it's interesting for the drama

Reactions: 4