Jessica Simpson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh my gosh another person Nick reminds me of is an American Mark Wright!! šŸ˜©

Apparently they broke up but then 9/11 happened and then got panic married ...so yeah! lol

Reactions: 11
I'm really keen to hear what went on between her and Johnny Knoxville. Apparently she calls it an 'emotional affair' in the book but Popbitch reported he'd introduce her to anal so that's quite the euphemism!!!
There used to be blinds about a popstar who didnt include anal when she was saving her virginity for marriage.
Jessica was always the main guess.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if he used that as a chat up line???? Tbf, I think he was incredibly handsome (not aged well though) so I see the appeal. Nick just looked like a dumb jock.
I doubt it - he said for seven years he had to insert a catheter right up every time he needed to wee šŸ˜±
I bet they had a blast making that Dukes of Hazard movie

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought Jessica slept with Bam Magera when she was filming The Dukes of Hazzard? Iā€™m sure thereā€™s an interview where he said they did

Reactions: 1
Love Jessica...haaated Nick even back then as a young teen i could see what an arse he was!

Reactions: 4
Omg I used to be obsessed with Newlyweds!

Iā€™ve been wanting to read the book but heard thereā€™s a lot of talk of religion in it which puts me off.

Reactions: 3
Omg I used to be obsessed with Newlyweds!

Iā€™ve been wanting to read the book but heard thereā€™s a lot of talk of religion in it which puts me off.
There really is which I wasnā€™t keen on (each to their own etc)...I just glided over those bits and got to the juicy stuff. Itā€™s really quite religious at the beginning but donā€™t let that put you off - it gets good!

I remember the MTV series. Jessica used to say ā€˜oh my Gahā€™ because she was a good Christian girl who couldnā€™t say God, lol.

And also the buffalo wings. Couldnā€™t get her head round that they came from chickens not buffaloes!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There used to be blinds about a popstar who didnt include anal when she was saving her virginity for marriage.
Jessica was always the main guess.
In the us among religious groups this is apparently really common which is apparently the cause of a huge growth in stds among teenagers in abstinence programmes... I never really liked nick but dislike him even more after his intro on love is blind ā€œand Iā€™m nick lachay, obviouslyā€ as if he is that famous, I bet none of the younger audience knew who he was

• Haha
I love Jessica Simpson. Feel sorry for Ashlee too as she was really ripped to shreds for mining on SNL or whatever show it was. I'd love the name of who did her nose job, it's perfect.

Reactions: 5
Iā€™m listening to a 90s podcast where they are reading the book and discussing it. I think Jessica has come across really well. I didnā€™t even know how to pronounce Nickā€™s last name- so itā€™s not as obvious as he thinks šŸ¤­

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I remember the MTV series. Jessica used to say ā€˜oh my Gahā€™ because she was a good Christian girl who couldnā€™t say God, lol.

And also the buffalo wings. Couldnā€™t get her head round that they came from chickens not buffaloes!
Iā€™ll always remember chicken from the sea... she genuinely thought tuna was chicken šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Iā€™m listening to a 90s podcast where they are reading the book and discussing it. I think Jessica has come across really well. I didnā€™t even know how to pronounce Nickā€™s last name- so itā€™s not as obvious as he thinks šŸ¤­
Yes, remember there was an episode of newly weds where they checked into a hotel and the staff pronounced his name wrong. He had such a little tantrum. Also will never forget the Oprah interview, going over Jessicaā€™s success and even Oprah said to Nick, just let her get a cleaner. Imagine if that show aired now. I donā€™t think he would get away with being so controlling.

I thought Jessica slept with Bam Magera when she was filming The Dukes of Hazzard? Iā€™m sure thereā€™s an interview where he said they did
It wasnā€™t Bam it was Johnny Knoxville who was also in the film. Apparently they had an emotional affair- never physical - but weā€™re both obsessed with each other for ages....

I read the book within a few days. One of the most honest celeb autobiographies Iā€™ve read. I was never a massive fan but really enjoyed Newlyweds and a couple of her albums. The newlyweds/MTV era and her marriage to Nick is really interesting and there are quite a few references to other pop stars of the time. She comes across incredibly sweet and talks a lot about her issues with alcohol, prescription meds and depression. Well worth a read, I think mine was about Ā£14 for the hardback on Amazon.
Did she write the reason for their divorce? I think I read at the time that she surprised him one day by asking for a divorce but interested to know if she wrote why in the book.

Reactions: 2
Did she write the reason for their divorce? I think I read at the time that she surprised him one day by asking for a divorce but interested to know if she wrote why in the book.
I think it was that he was very jealous and insecure about her success. I didnā€™t know much about her before the book but sheā€™s comes across great in it!

I think it was that he was very jealous and insecure about her success. I didnā€™t know much about her before the book but sheā€™s comes across great in it!
Pretty much, he was just an hole and she had had enough! But yes agree, she comes across wonderfully in the book!