Jessica Rose Williams

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well she dumped jason, and her dad and fell out with kayte, seems she's falling out with everyone. But she should be more open or not bother posting it

Reactions: 2
the book is a weird mix of memoir, and minimalist and sustainability advice with self-help pages for note taking sprinkled throughout it. it's very obvious she's got her book deal off the back of her instagram follower count.

Reactions: 1
the book is a weird mix of memoir, and minimalist and sustainability advice with self-help pages for note taking sprinkled throughout it. it's very obvious she's got her book deal off the back of her instagram follower count.
Bet the publishers are regretting her now. It’s like tumbleweed on her Instagram page, has been for months.

last time she posted on instagram was over a month ago. shes done a few stories recently to get some engagement up. her blog has been dead for months. last post was june and that was an ad. I can't understand how she got a book deal when there are loads of other people who regularly write blog posts and post on social media about minimalism and sustainability! Jes doesn't add anything to the conversation, she's not an expert or even someone who has been livin this lifestyle for long. It's all about her follower count, which is a real shame.

I can't understand how she got a book deal when there are loads of other people who regularly write blog posts and post on social media about minimalism and sustainability! Jes doesn't add anything to the conversation, she's not an expert or even someone who has been livin this lifestyle for long. It's all about her follower count, which is a real shame.
You literally said the opposite to me when I said this exact thing on the page before this.... 🙄

I think it's unfair to say that people who have only just started to live/explore a new lifestyle shouldn't talk about it online or get opportunities from doing it well. other people have been doing it for longer but if they don't have an online prescence or aren't an activist, why would they get brand opportunities or book deals?

You literally said the opposite to me when I said this exact thing on the page before this.... 🙄
Jess doesn't talk about minimalism or sustainability online though? not with any regularity. that was my point. she doesn't write enough about it, on her blog or instagram to warrant given a book deal. I stand by my point that if someone is new to a lifestyle but writes about that process online they should get opportunities like book deals. Jess isn't new to the lifestyle and she doesn't write about it online. that's why I don't understand why she got to write a book.

Your point was that there are people who ahve been living the lifestyle for longer and they should get a book deal. but I'm saying, I don't care how long someone has been living a lifestyle (new to it or otherwise). if they have an online prescence/following and write about it regularly, I think it's fine to get a book deal. Jess doesn't write about anything except ads! she's been silent online for months.

Yes but book deals are given long before they're launched. Most of what she did when she got her book deal WAS minimalism, simple living and having a small and sustainable, good quality wardrobe. She hadn't been doing it for long at that stage though. She got her book deal based on her following without any legitimacy that comes from having lived like this for any length of time.

And I wasn't saying that you didn't need lots of followers to get a book deal but there are people who DO have an authentic niche area like minimalism AND have an online presence and following and I don't understand why they don't get the same attention as a suddenly popular influencer like Jessica.

Yes but book deals are given long before they're launched. Most of what she did when she got her book deal WAS minimalism, simple living and having a small and sustainable, good quality wardrobe. She hadn't been doing it for long at that stage though. She got her book deal based on her following without any legitimacy that comes from having lived like this for any length of time.
And I wasn't saying that you didn't need lots of followers to get a book deal but there are people who DO have an authentic niche area like minimalism AND have an online presence and following and I don't understand why they don't get the same attention as a suddenly popular influencer like Jessica.
i misunderstood your comment then! we're on the same page. I don't think Jessica has even truly written about sustainability though? none of her blog posts are anything other than surface-level basic advice (mostly ads!!!) hardly the zero waste lifestyle or even conscious living. in fact there's very little on her blog about anyting of substance when you read through it. Even when it comes to writing about style or capsule wardrobes, there's very few posts on her blog and all her instagram posts are rehashing the same old content. she's always come across as very superficial to me. She calls herself vegan and yet... buys leather ,for instance. I'm not vegan but vegans don't do that, no matter what the excuse is. she does things because they're trendy (capsule wardrobes, sustainability, veganism) to cash in ont he trend while she can (which is why she got the book I suppose)

Totally. She used to mention the clothes she had (gifted not bought) as being expensive but sustainable as in not quick fashion as they wouldn't need replaced as quickly. And a few weeks ago she posted a dress randomly saying it was her third winter wearing it like this was amazing, I reckon half my wardrobe is at least 6 years old 🤣

I suppose the angle she's going for is "no one is perfect" and that's fine (I agree) but I'd expect anyone who gets a book deal to write about sustainability/minimalism would be someone who lives and embodies those lifestyle choices. not someone who thinks it's ok to buy leather when they're vegan, or receive plenty of gifted clothing from brands.

I think when she got her book deal, she was like the highest she'll get engagement wise. She was selling an ideal lifestyle with beautiful photos to match. Problem now is that she's chucked it all away. So I can't see another book deal or big sales now. Her few loyal followers will buy it, but I can't imagine that's gonna be more than 10k? People will follow and buy things recommended by other mimamilists/vegans/sustainability accounts who are less shallow

thoughts on Jess's latest video?

the book is such a mishmash of topics but mainly a memoir, which seems like a bad choice considering she's not exactly a big name... anywhere. jess implies she got the book deal because she's a "really good writer" even though she got rejected loads (normal I suppose). She also mentions a book deal she turned down because her 'blog was brand new'. but she doesn't write on her blog?? she barely posts anything. it's not like she got a bookd eal because of her blog, let's face it.

she got a book deal (with a small publisher) because she had a decent instagram following (that's clear later on in the video when she talks about publishers wanting social followers). that's it. they were hoping to cash in on her social media followers. Jess threw away all that because she can't produce content with any regularity. nothin on her blog, instagram or other socials for months. From the video its obvious the publishers weren#t really happy with it either by the sounds of it. they gutted her first draft and told her "it just doesn't work". edit are normal but to hve the editors say "nothing about this works" is a big red flag.

Reactions: 3
Yes, totally. I never got the impression she was a good writer, nor that she thought she was - lots of posts about how tough it was mid draft. Jess seems like someone who flits about, she was attracted to simplicity and a capsule wardrobe, country living. She got into photography, vlogs etc then the book distracted her then life in general and the reasons she got the book deal collapsed. I reckon plenty who followed her and engaged a year ago have switched off now and still follow her but wouldn't buy her book. Especially a memoir. Like WTF?

she's not even really promoting the book either. one vlog, a couple of instagram stories, and an instagram post... after what, months of writing this book? she could have been sharing snippets of her writing process, even written up a couple of blog posts (even if they were rambling thoughts on writing a book!) shes done nothing however long its been since she started writing this book. shes really messed up on that front. Nobody is going to buy the book if she hasn't made a big deal out of it or tried to keep her audience engaged. A few people have said in her comments that they're buying the book but I think a lot of people say that and never actually do..... I get the impression Jess is shying away from sharing the book for whatever reason,maybe because she thinks/knows it's tit? I got the impression its not quite the book she wanted to write in the end. She was just so desperate to get a book deal she took the first proper one that came along.

I'm enjoying vlogmas so far....feels like a bit of the old jess back.
I'm enjoying it too she seems a lovely women. I hadn't watched her before vlogmas so I don't know much about her. Her vlogmas is authentic and life affirming I find myself smiling back at her. Very different to some of the other influencers who are only out to sell sell sell or to show off their wealth and acquisitions. Not appropriate in the current climate when so many are suffering for so many reasons. Yes I like this women and I will continue to watch her

the vlogs are cute and jess's personality is really coming across.. but what bugs me, and always has, about her is that she doesn;'t bother to learn about the things she talks about. veganism, for example. she bought wool carpet and the fruitella sweets, neither of which are vegan. I thinnk she's eatng plant based but getting it confused with veganism. she's not vegan. she also doesn't seem to look into sustainability. she has a dog, it would be great if she looked into and shared what she found out about sustainable alternatives, like the plastic-free dog treats she bought. you'd think she would have looked into that before getting a puppy or at least during raising her. other people have vlogged or written blog posts about that, why hasn't jess? it's annoying to see influencers position themselves as experts in topics without educating themselves. it just goes to show it's all about how many followers you have on social media rather than your expertise.

a skin care routien full of plastic bottles... for someone who claims they're into sustainability (and writes a whole chapter on it in her book!!) you'd think Jess would switch to more eco-friendly alternatives. There are plenty of brands making affordable plastic-free and cruelty-free alternatives.

and then talking about veganism as if it's the same thing as minimalism. Veganism isn't something you "find your own way with" and make up your own rules. It's a lifestyle based on morals. You don't get to pick and choose the bits you want to keep and throw awya the rest. It's not a diet. FFS. It's really not that difficult to learn about veganism. It's 2021!

Last edited:
I have to say I lost interest in her account some time ago as her posts were coming across quite patronising. As others have said, what she has to say about minimalism and simple living etc is nothing new and I like many others have been doing it in some form for ages. I unfollowed. Then her YouTube video when she announced the break up popped up on my YT feed. I must say I found her comment about being anxious that she'd lose followers now that she doesn't have the picture perfect house quite a sour note. Especially as she then apparently went on to choose to rent a house because she couldn't afford to buy one pretty enough 🥴 Somehow it seems very vain and not at all in the spirit of simple living she claims to stand for.