Jessica Rose Williams

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Starting a thread on JRW because I know people have asked for one in other threads and I have questions and want answers!

I always want to like her but something is gnawing away at me.
I like the minimal approach, her style, I don’t like the cost of her eBooks and I’m hopeful for interesting actual book that won’t break the bank...

But what’s going on with her at the mo? She hasn’t been at home for a month it seems, has she split with Jason? I think she’s moved in with her Dad who she’s just met, has it bought in full on daddy issues? Has she given up on the rescue dog Tommy as he hasn’t made an appearance in over a month?
Her last blog post was very woe is me and I’m surprised she got a book deal at all.

I want better from her please 🤷‍♀️ 😆

(Also, should she be in influencers rather than Instagrammers? Sorry mods if I’ve cocked up!)

Reactions: 2
I'm assuming she's split with her husband, as a result he's kept the dog since I believe he's the one who wanted a greyhound? Bit weird to move in with her dad right after meeting him! I wonder how that's going to affect her content since everything she does is pinned on her country house aesthetic. her blog content is lacklustre and very basic. she barely writes blog posts (what does she do with all her time??) for someone who calls herself a writer!

The book deal is with an independent publisher so very small fry. it's not like she's been picked up by a big publishing house. An achievement but not quite as big of a deal. It's pretty easy to get a book deal with small publishers because you have more of a chance of them reading your pitch. hasn't she been trying to get a book deal with a couple of years now?

Reactions: 3
I'm assuming she's split with her husband, as a result he's kept the dog since I believe he's the one who wanted a greyhound? Bit weird to move in with her dad right after meeting him! I wonder how that's going to affect her content since everything she does is pinned on her country house aesthetic. her blog content is lacklustre and very basic. she barely writes blog posts (what does she do with all her time??) for someone who calls herself a writer!

The book deal is with an independent publisher so very small fry. it's not like she's been picked up by a big publishing house. An achievement but not quite as big of a deal. It's pretty easy to get a book deal with small publishers because you have more of a chance of them reading your pitch. hasn't she been trying to get a book deal with a couple of years now?
The publisher makes sense. Yes she’s been desperate for a book deal, she could have easily got it if she just put in a bit more, her content just feels lazy.

Reactions: 1
I've been following her for a while and also been wondering what's going on. Have they broken up? Really sad for her if so - they seemed well suited.

I've been following her for a while and also been wondering what's going on. Have they broken up? Really sad for her if so - they seemed well suited.
Did they? I didn't think so! Jessica said a couple of things that made me think he was a jerk. She mentioned he didn't like some of the clothes she wore and poked fun at her vlogging. It was obvious he wasn't interested in the minimalist lifestyle she was chasing. They moved because she wanted to (I remember her mentioning he needed convincing about downsizing?) I got the impression he carried their relationship/lifestyle with his income too. I wouldn't be shocked if they had split.

I used to love her and still do but as she's just announced that she has separated with her husband I reckon she's lost her way a bit. She's also not living with her dad which is probably best, maybe jason didnt like the fact she got back in touch he did seem a little possessive of her and agree he was a kerk about her clothing and stuff - I reckon he wanted a blonde young wife and didn't like the new jess. Im hoping once she feels better she could get a small cottage and start a fresh again, that could really suit her and her lifestyle.

I get the impression somethign big went down. Maybe an affair. I feel sorry for Jessica. I'm not a fan of hers I think she's very superficial despite what she presents on the internet. But I do feel bad that her life has changed seemingly without her wanting it to (I feel the split wasn't something sh e wanted?) I do wonder how this will impact her and her current influencer job. Much of what she shares online hinges on selling that country cottagecore aesthetic. She makes everything look whimsical and dreamy, and that's the minimalist lifestyle she sells. it's very superficial and I wonder how this change will affect her because obviously she isn't going to live in that cottage "they" (he) bought (because she wnated it). she won't be able to take those aesthetic photographs for instagram anymore!

I rewatched it and she called it earth shattering, did he misbehave? Did getting to know her dad change her views on having children? Jason has 2 older girls so unlikely to want more.
It’s her life and she doesn’t have to share, but when you already no so much it makes you want to delve in.

Still wondering what happened to Tommy...

Reactions: 1
I rewatched it and she called it earth shattering, did he misbehave? Did getting to know her dad change her views on having children? Jason has 2 older girls so unlikely to want more.
It’s her life and she doesn’t have to share, but when you already no so much it makes you want to delve in.

Still wondering what happened to Tommy...
My gut says Jason ended it. their life together changed so much because Jessica wanted to downsize, move to the country, live a ~slow life~ she's spoken about "the person she was before minimalism" and the photos she's shared from her wedding and old home shows that not only does she look very different but she wants different things now. I get the impression Jason does not want the same minimalist lifestyle. he's said disparraging things about the way she dresses and her vlogging. I don't think he "gets" it but went along with the downsize and move because well, you do don't you, when you're in a marriage? But maybe things have changed too much.

having said that I do think Jessica is chasing an idealised lifestyle, it's just a minimalist one with a paired down ~aesthetic~ instead of a "keeping up with the JOneses" one. it feels superficial to me. still, I feel sorry that her relationship has ended because of that.

she's spoken about "the person she was before minimalism" and the photos she's shared from her wedding and old home shows that not only does she look very different but she wants different things now.
Oh, do you know where we can find those?

Oh, do you know where we can find those?
She's deleted the old home tour. It was a generic house with only a couple of curated shots. I remember getting the impression there was a lot (of clutter) being hidden!

Her wedding post is still available though: https://www.jessicarosewilliams.com/journal/our-wedding-what-id-do-differently-ten-years-later

She shared more photos from the day on her insta when the post went up and I remember thinking she looked very different.

Yes she defo was different, even if you go back to her first insta pictures she's very designer oriented and perfectionist. She totally changed her entire style and lifestyle and I bet he wasn't keen in the end, although I think he was punching anyway. She'd do better with someone more her age I think. I do wonder where she's gonna go from here though if money is an issue she may not be able to sell her lifestyle so easily

Yes she defo was different, even if you go back to her first insta pictures she's very designer oriented and perfectionist. She totally changed her entire style and lifestyle and I bet he wasn't keen in the end, although I think he was punching anyway. She'd do better with someone more her age I think. I do wonder where she's gonna go from here though if money is an issue she may not be able to sell her lifestyle so easily
I actually think she just swapped what she obsessed over. I don't actually believe her mindset shifted at all. she moved from obsessing over designer brands (and everything that comes with living that sort of lifestyle) to obsessing over minimalism. She says all the right things and packages it all up in a lovely package to be sold to others... but she's still far too obsessed with appearances. It's now about the cottagecore minimalist lifestyle instead of the more common traditional lifestyle

She's deleted the old home tour. It was a generic house with only a couple of curated shots. I remember getting the impression there was a lot (of clutter) being hidden!

Her wedding post is still available though: https://www.jessicarosewilliams.com/journal/our-wedding-what-id-do-differently-ten-years-later

She shared more photos from the day on her insta when the post went up and I remember thinking she looked very different.
OMG I wouldn’t have recognised her!
I mean it still a jerk move from Jason to break up with her because she is no longer blonde and doesn’t dress into trendy clothes, but she did change a lot!

After reading Jessica's newsletter today, it's obvious she didn't see the break up coming and wasn't something she wanted? Feels very much like jason's choice based on what she's written. She's moved out and is living in her mum's rental home, and she talks about wanting to own her own home again. Jason definitely supported and paid for her lifestyle, which undermines her authority on minimalist living. How can you speak about carving out a life you love when you can't even support it with your own income??

Think he's about 15 years older...she does say somewhere. His daughters aren't much younger than her, one is in her early 20s or looks to be. Maybe she just changed too much for him. I really liked her during the main couple of years of slow living but its easier to slow live when all the bills are covered and you don't need to work

I really liked her during the main couple of years of slow living but its easier to slow live when all the bills are covered and you don't need to work
slow living doesnt mean boring living but Jessica doesn't really do much does she? I'm wondering where she can take her vlogs now she doesnt have the beautiful backdrop of her country cottage. Seems like a lot of her ~simple living~ was based on aesthetics rather thsn embodying the lifestyle. her latest vlog is pretty bland and feels more like she needed the cash so pushed out a #ad

Ye and that deodorant wasn't ovetly cost friendly either she does like the more expensive things in life. Its not interesting anymore I may unfollow soon as she's rarely posts and when she does its dull. I understand her personal life is in turmoil but without her lovely country house and lifestyle she's not got a lot to show

surely that's got to change now that's she not on Jason's bankroll because let's face it, she was 100% riding on his income. there's no way she earns enough through her blog (she barely posts!) or magazine articles (one or two here and there and I doubt they pay that much!) and YT is notoriously bad for £