Jess Redden #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No thread title suggestions but here's the new thread. Was tempted to go with "fading away" because that's what Jess is doing. Most of us are worried about her ever decreasing body.

They say horizontal stripes make you look bigger 😳

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
As someone currently in recovery.. I agree 100% that she is sadly suffering. I lost my period 4 years ago, found size 4 clothes at times too big and yet it took me seeing a photo of myself to realise how sick I was. She will no doubt be in total denial and despite acknowledging publicly she has suffered disordered eating is clearly very much in the midst of it. It’s a horrific illness and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Just to add.. I had to stop following her for awhile when she was quarantined in Australia because the excessive room workouts were incredibly triggering for me. I felt so guilty that I was free to do as I please and wasn’t working out half as much.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I really enjoy watching this girls posts , however she is fading away . It’s so sad to see . Beautiful girl but if you see her posts even since Australia she is not the girl she was. All for staying fit and healthy but there is a point and she is scarily skinny

• Sad
Reactions: 10
You can see the extreme weight loss in her face now. There is a gauntness round her eyes and around her mouth and chin. It's so awfully sad for her and for anyone with disordered eating who follows her.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Cooking a duck ragu isn't going to convince us that she's going to eat something so calorific. Or more than one mouthful anyway.

Reactions: 12
She looks so much older than 28 too. I read an article today in the times about toxic positivity and thought of her also. It said things like “those who constantly promote positivity often find it hard to deal with bad times” . Don’t get me wrong, sometimes a motivating/ positive quote is nice to see, but she clearly spends hours and hours practicing positivity and searching quotes. It’s unnatural to have to force it so much if you get me!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Attempting to moderate, tone policing, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
My sister in law is going through all this at the moment and this is exactly how she started out. It’s so obvious now that I don’t think people should even comment on it anymore. Truly wish Jess well, she is a beautiful girl but defo needs some help after her exams and like a girl that could do with a lot of hugging. Good luck Jess

I think we need to keep commenting as long as she's on Instagram acting like she's great and triggering people. Actually shocking that brands are still using her to advertise their products 😳

Reactions: 7
I think we need to keep commenting as long as she's on Instagram acting like she's great and triggering people. Actually shocking that brands are still using her to advertise their products 😳
Was actually thinking of contacting today's brand. One of the story comments Jess said was "leggings are small, true to size". Sorry but that's XXS if not smaller. So she's doing even more damage if she's using herself as an example of "small'

Reactions: 17
She looks so much older than 28 too. I read an article today in the times about toxic positivity and thought of her also. It said things like “those who constantly promote positivity often find it hard to deal with bad times” . Don’t get me wrong, sometimes a motivating/ positive quote is nice to see, but she clearly spends hours and hours practicing positivity and searching quotes. It’s unnatural to have to force it so much if you get me!
If I'm not mistaken she has a degree in psychology which she studied before pursuing pharmacy, so she's highly educated and has lots of knowledge of how the mind works. However,as much as all EDs are different, they all boil down to control. I recall one of the Gogglebox Ireland ladies (Aine?) was on TV recently and spoke of her ED. She's now in recovery for many years, thank goodness. She said she masked her ED as a lifestyle of 'healthy diet and exercise' and I couldn't stop thinking about Jess. I hope she takes as much time out as she needs, once her studies are done.

Reactions: 7
Where does alcohol fit into the healthy lifestyle/ ED? I find she is often posting a glass of wine- with dinner,seems pretty “normal”- but it doesn’t sit with the pattern of “healthy”? More like a “see I’m cool” proof photo?

Reactions: 3
If I'm not mistaken she has a degree in psychology which she studied before pursuing pharmacy, so she's highly educated and has lots of knowledge of how the mind works. However,as much as all EDs are different, they all boil down to control. I recall one of the Gogglebox Ireland ladies (Aine?) was on TV recently and spoke of her ED. She's now in recovery for many years, thank goodness. She said she masked her ED as a lifestyle of 'healthy diet and exercise' and I couldn't stop thinking about Jess. I hope she takes as much time out as she needs, once her studies are done.
I have a degree and a masters (in different fields) and wouldn’t consider myself “highly educated” in either field . It wasn’t until I started working that I learned anything. I just don’t think a degree translates to knowledge tbh (for many people)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Where does alcohol fit into the healthy lifestyle/ ED? I find she is often posting a glass of wine- with dinner,seems pretty “normal”- but it doesn’t sit with the pattern of “healthy”? More like a “see I’m cool” proof photo?
She posted it but that doesn't mean she consumed any of it. A single piece of garlic bread and a small portion of pasta and sauce with a glass of wine. The glass of wine was the only normal sized portion.

Reactions: 3
I've reported her on Instagram and am going to contact her collabs, horrorific what is going on and the misleading to make money. I know she has a mental illness but this is gone beyond now

Reactions: 9
I dunno about you guys but I like recipe tips from people who actually eat the food they make…
She would rot you with all this Thermomix stuff I cannot eye roll enough when I see another story about it.
Is Rob Kearney blind, dumb or just doesn’t care?
GET OFF INSTA AND INTO TREATMENT JESS!! We all see you and your anorexia

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m new, how is she misleading to make money?
Ads =money
She is portraying herself as healthy to make money
She is triggering others with her obsessive behaviour to make money
She is selling her body image to make money

She needs to stop thinking we are begrudging her and are actually horrorified for her, the fact she is making money off her unhelathy image at the deficit of others and herself . She needs to get help or at least stop this charade

Reactions: 11
For someone who spends her time patronising people about health and wellness she sure is toxic over showing food content when it’s very clear that she doesn’t eat it. She really needs to be responsible with her following.
If she doesn’t want to get help then fine don’t but stop with this food content. It’s dangerous

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If she wasn’t Robs wife I can’t imagine a lot of companies would be down for using her for ads, sponsoring etc. In my opinion she is not a good advert for anything health related. And I’m also thinking lately she’s not a great advert for clothes either 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.