Jason Manford

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Came here to post and was glad I wasn’t alone, he’s out this morning trying to make people feel bad for his way of “grieving”

nah man. It’s not cool - it had a huge air of “look - see, we were pals. I had his number”

he can dress it up how he likes but we all know people like that. The type to cling on to a tragedy and try closen themselves to it.

last year my Baby passed away, my SIL was all over social media gutted over it gathering every oz of sympathy for “her niece” as she could. Did she message us to pass condolences on? Or you know - see how we were? Nope. Not once. Still hasn’t.
Tragedy whores.
I'm so sorry about your baby 😓

I found it so strange him sharing that text, like what a way to make someone else's death all about yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Jason Manford is not someone I've ever paid attention to and not being into shows like 8 Out of 10 Cats, I was unfamiliar with Sean but I was aghast to see Jason share that text. How utterly vile to chase grief for attention so shamelessly.

I feel like the way people grieve now is extremely vulgar and self-serving. It all seemed to change after the hysteria surrounding Princess Diana's death and I can't bear it. I was raised old school, that grief is a private and quiet thing and not something you shove in everyone's face all the time. I do try not to judge others for being different and growing up in different times but prats like Manford make that extremely difficult!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Can't stand him or his sycophantic cronies who love to pile on to anybody who disagrees with Saint Jason of Bandwagon.

Reactions: 8
last year my Baby passed away, my SIL was all over social media gutted over it gathering every oz of sympathy for “her niece” as she could. Did she message us to pass condolences on? Or you know - see how we were? Nope. Not once. Still hasn’t.
Tragedy whores.
Very sorry for your loss, and your SIL’s behaviour is despicable x

• Heart
Came here to post and was glad I wasn’t alone, he’s out this morning trying to make people feel bad for his way of “grieving”

nah man. It’s not cool - it had a huge air of “look - see, we were pals. I had his number”

he can dress it up how he likes but we all know people like that. The type to cling on to a tragedy and try closen themselves to it.

Tragedy whores.
Couldn't just scroll past. I'm so sorry for your loss 💜 Your SIL has got some nerve!

Reactions: 5
Funny how he's removed the text message part on his post. He definitely reads here.
It annoyed me how he tells his followers to message their friends they've not seen for a while, the way he's worded the last part makes it sound like Sean committed suicide, when he died of Cancer.
Screenshot_20210819-145100_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: 2
There seems to have been a purge of all the negative comments too, or at least they weren't showing for me.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Couldn't just scroll past. I'm so sorry for your loss 💜 Your SIL has got some nerve!
❤ She sure does. But she’s one of those “lives for the likes” kinda people so I should have seen it coming. It was only months later when I surfaced out of a grief bubble that I saw it and I was furious. So I could see Jason’s attempt to clearly. The worst is they don’t even realised themselves - they see no wrong in it.
reminded me very much of his time spent with that young guy Stephen?? He passed away but boy did manford make it about himself for a long time after.

Funny how he's removed the text message part on his post. He definitely reads here.
It annoyed me how he tells his followers to message their friends they've not seen for a while, the way he's worded the last part makes it sound like Sean committed suicide, when he died of Cancer.
View attachment 719984
Yeah! When I read that yesterday I remembered thinking - hold on, HOW did he die again? Thought he was saying that people should reach out to friends who may be struggling - odd wording.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
❤ She sure does. But she’s one of those “lives for the likes” kinda people so I should have seen it coming. It was only months later when I surfaced out of a grief bubble that I saw it and I was furious. So I could see Jason’s attempt to clearly. The worst is they don’t even realised themselves - they see no wrong in it.
reminded me very much of his time spent with that young guy Stephen?? He passed away but boy did manford make it about himself for a long time after.

Yeah! When I read that yesterday I remembered thinking - hold on, HOW did he die again? Thought he was saying that people should reach out to friends who may be struggling - odd wording.
Jason didn’t like it when I pointed out on social media that he was using poor Stephen for publicity. That’s the great thing about the thick bleep, he bites 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Whether you like Jason or not, the spokesman for Sean who revealed his death publicly on behalf of his family asked for the privacy of Sean's family to be respected at this sad time.
Jason ignored and disrespected that request by revealing a personal attention seeking text message.
Everything should be about Sean but he's managed to create a negative headline and negative social media comments and digs.
He should have just stuck to a short heartfelt tribute.

Reactions: 15
The post about Sean by itself was fine, loads of comedians have posted photos/memories of Sean - sharing the actual message he sent left a bad taste in my mouth. I don’t get why we’d need to read it, the sentiment of the post was enough!

Jason didn’t like it when I pointed out on social media that he was using poor Stephen for publicity. That’s the great thing about the thick bleep, he bites 😂
He really does. And it’s then that his true colours shine through. He’s very self serving!

Reactions: 3
Even though he's a dick I have a soft spot for Jason Manford due to being on holiday in Blackpool 12 years ago (My youngest is 14 so he was 2 at the time that's how long ago it was) I think he must have been doing a show and there were advertising boards,as when we were staying in the hotel I had the sexiest dirtiest dream ever, he was absolute filth! 12 years on I still remember it very fondly😆but I still think hes a dick.

• Haha
Bill Bailey did an interview saying Sean died of lung cancer and had been diagnosed a few years ago. I think he was a true friend of Sean’s and I’m wondering if he gave an interview as a trade off for scummy newspapers leaving Sean’s family alone.

We’ve only got Jason’s word that they even stayed in touch after he was sacked from 8 out of 10 Cats. Everything is a blatant bid for attention with Jason but this is pretty low even by his standards

Reactions: 7
Yeah Bill Bailey was obviously a real friend of Sean Lock. Also I think it was Lee Mack who said they'd known this day was coming for a while, obviously he knew and was truly close to Sean. Where's Jason's message didn't even seem like he was that close to him... Saying he hopes to see him soon three weeks before he dies. Didn't Sean spend time in a hospice too? Imagine getting a message saying hope you're well and we should get together soon while you're in a hospice.

Obviously it's not Jason's fault that his innocent message seems callous in hindsight. But don't post screenshots of private messages on Twitter acting as if you were BFFs after the man has died.

Reactions: 13
Was Sean sacked from Cats? Is that why Rob Beckett was a regular? Ridiculous. Sean was the best person on it.
No but Jason was let go over the cheating ‘scandal’.

I think Sean was on the Countdown version until relatively recently (I haven’t watched it in years though)

Reactions: 1
The more recent episodes of 8/10 Cats Does Countdown with Sean in them, you could see there was something up with his health. I don’t know when he last filmed with them though.

I didn’t know Manford had been sacked though. He wasn’t on that regularly. Did he get Sean’s spot for a while?

Manford has never been in the same league comedy wise as the likes of Sean Lock, David O’Docherty, Henning Wehn or Joe Wilkinson.

Reactions: 5