Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I’m still kinda pissed this show never got the attention it deserved, I watched PLL, gossip girl etc, this was a million times better, in my opinion anyway 😐
I watched PLL WAY back when it first started and no one was talking about it. But I never finished it as it just got so stupid.

Tacilo

I started watching Jane because I thought it would be a real telenovela and completely in spanish. I used to watch telenovelas with my mum growing up and still love it :oops:
I just finished season 4 but read spoilers for season 5.
I just hope in the end Jane ends with Rapheal and not Michael.

OhhBacon

VIP Member
I love it too, a friend told me about it and although I thought it sounded ridiculous I was hooked.
Everyone I mention it to gets hooked too!
It’s just a lovely, witty drama.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I think when they ‘killed’ off Michael they really ruined the show. Jane and Raf were always end game (I believe the creator said so that they always were going to end up together) and they became so fixated on that they lost what a great couple Jane and Michael were.

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
I binged this over October and November and I really enjoyed it. I usually don’t like cheesy stuff, I usually find it so cringy and unrealistic (in the worst way). But with this I feel like they kinda played on the cheesiness? In the sense that they openly acknowledged how crazy and unrealistic the storylines were sometimes - ‘straight out a telenovela, am I right?’ So I could forgive the over the top, dramatics because they were almost making the show a parody of all the dramatic telenovelas that Jane and her family loved by making the show so extra.

Tell you who I did hate though? Abuela!! As in Jane’s Abuela. She was so self righteous and I feel like every few episodes she was flipping out about something. It also showed how damaging it can be to teach a young girl that having sex outside of marriage will damage her to a point that she can never be fixed again. I know they were portraying the attitudes of women from Alba’s time and stuff but jeez, she was so hard on Jane about it all, even when Jane was a fully grown adult she was still making her feel guilty about a completely natural feeling. She just pissed me off so much 🤣.

Lolaloves

I started watching it & didn’t think that I would like it but I love it! I didn’t think that they could keep the story lines interesting for so many series but how wrong was I. It’s so well written, I don’t want it to end!