Jamie Oliver

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My niece wrote him a letter when the school dinner stuff was implemented. It went like this:

Dear Jamie,

The only thing I ever liked about school was the food. Then you came along and bleeping ruined it, you pontificating fat bastard.

I hate you

I was so proud of a 12 year olds use of pontificating. She never did get a reply :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This show is getting watchable - for all the wrong reasons, half of it yesterday was blending greens and dairy to make a pasta sauce.

He's really struggling without a team with just Joules as an assistant.
Untitled.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Am I the only one who thinks that all the celebs are looking a real state during the lockdown and when doing interviews/ filming things whilst at home? How is it that us ordinary people's image and appearance don't manage to unravel as badly as theirs whilst at home? They look like tramps! I mean, how high maintenance can you be if you can't manage to put a brush through your hair in the morning without assistance??

(AND, they also have more time on their hands than us ordinaries do!!)

Reactions: 14
The fact he claims his hair isn't dyed makes me laugh...of course its not Jamie. :rolleyes: :giggle:

This show is getting watchable - for all the wrong reasons, half of it yesterday was blending greens and dairy to make a pasta sauce.

View attachment 102068
I missed last nights I thought it was on once a week. I'll deffo tune in tonight though. :giggle:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
all the celebs are looking a real state during the lockdown and when doing interviews/ filming things whilst at home? How is it that us ordinary people's image and appearance don't manage to unravel as badly as theirs whilst at home? They look like tramps!
Someone on the Jack Monroe thread Jamie was such a pro once the cameras are set up he could probably do it all himself at home. :LOL: I did think that was very wishful thinking and he needs at least a decent sized team for even a rushed show. I feel vindicated seeing the mess that was yesterdays show. I went to watch the second part of yesterdays keep cooking and carry on and it was just a repeat.

I've now set the series to record :D

• Haha
Reactions: 4

View attachment 102068
He was obviously stressed to what appeared to be almost breaking point, but he looked really dishevelled and quite dirty, v off putting for a food programme, surely he could have showered.

Reactions: 8
He was obviously stressed to what appeared to be almost breaking point, but he looked really dishevelled and quite dirty, v off putting for a food programme, surely he could have showered.
He would get sacked from the pizza cutting part of the pizza hut kitchen looking as much of a mess as he did.

He must have a glam squad to rival Mariah for a normal day of shooting 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think he looked a bit better tonight and his hair seemed washed and he didn't have that haunted, wild look about him. I am not sure if this programme is useful as most families will be using what is in their cupboards anyway and improvising with what they have.

I think he looked a bit better tonight and his hair seemed washed and he didn't have that haunted, wild look about him. I am not sure if this programme is useful as most families will be using what is in their cupboards anyway and improvising with what they have.
It was ok but 2 of the recipes were from old shows.

I’m no Jamie fan but him and Channel 4 were really on the ball with this programme and he was coming over as sincere to me until last nights segment filmed on a phone and Jamie all disheveled and a bit on edge it just felt staged to me.

Reactions: 4
Am I the only one who thinks that all the celebs are looking a real state during the lockdown and when doing interviews/ filming things whilst at home? How is it that us ordinary people's image and appearance don't manage to unravel as badly as theirs whilst at home? They look like tramps! I mean, how high maintenance can you be if you can't manage to put a brush through your hair in the morning without assistance??

(AND, they also have more time on their hands than us ordinaries do!!)
Make up artists. Normally they have their hair and make up done by professionals and have professional lighting. Now we’re seeing them in their true light without all the fakery

Reactions: 10

Yel

The second episode wasn't quite as entertaining, he had showered, done his hair and wasn't acting like a maniac.

I'm really not sure we need this everyday, its not reassuring now it's less amateur than YouTubers and it's the same old recipes with more of an emphasis on substitutions.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The second episode wasn't quite as entertaining, he had showered, done his hair and wasn't acting like a maniac.

I'm really not sure we need this everyday, its not reassuring now it's less amateur than YouTubers and it's the same old recipes with more of an emphasis on substitutions.
He seemed calmer and better groomed maybe he has read the comments on here or has been prescribed medication, most people will be able to cook meals from what they have in their cupboards/.fridges and be able to improvise so its not a daily necessity, the nation won't starve without Jamie on our screens.

• Haha
He seemed calmer and better groomed maybe he has read the comments on here or has been prescribed medication, most people will be able to cook meals from what they have in their cupboards/.fridges and be able to improvise so its not a daily necessity, the nation won't starve without Jamie on our screens.
No, the nation won't starve without him, but he'll starve without viewers and clicks!!

Reactions: 1
He grated on me lisping on about bloody this that and the other charging the earth in his places to have him come and say hello , my god I hate TV cooks it's not an art form you shove it in your gob tit it out the other end

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Two episodes in one day is a bit much I mean how many cooking tips does one family need fgs.

Reactions: 1
Ugh I've watched a couple of episodes of his new show and of course he's not making recipes that I can eat (vegan) despite them probably being some of the cheapest recipes you can make because you don't use meat.