Jamie Oliver

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His “Italian” chain deserved nothing but total oblivion for using the word “Italian” and serving food you wouldn’t even get at a gas station in Italy. He’s been making money crapping on Italian cuisine for years now and he has to stop 😂
His sugar crusade may have started for the right reasons with the school lunches back in the day but it’s gone way overboard and it seemed to be more about him than people’s health in the end.
I have a few of his older books and really like them but haven’t bought any of the recent ones. Another celebrity chef who’s fallen victim of his own hype in my opinion.

Reactions: 8
Without sounding like a witch, I thought he hired celebrity a personal trainer last year?

No matter how many times he says it's so easy to make pasta from scratch I'm never going to do it as I've got to clean my kitchen afterwards!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
His “Italian” chain deserved nothing but total oblivion for using the word “Italian” and serving food you wouldn’t even get at a gas station in Italy. He’s been making money crapping on Italian cuisine for years now and he has to stop 😂
His sugar crusade may have started for the right reasons with the school lunches back in the day but it’s gone way overboard and it seemed to be more about him than people’s health in the end.
I have a few of his older books and really like them but haven’t bought any of the recent ones. Another celebrity chef who’s fallen victim of his own hype in my opinion.
yeh that sausage carbonara... i never ate there and having seen that i never would have

There is still one open in Bangkok, saw it in January...was flummoxed that in a land of amazing food anyone would chose to eat there.

Reactions: 1
I hated his school meals crusade too. This was back in the early noughties, I have been vegetarian my whole life and used to get a £1.40 meal ticket to buy school lunch. This didn’t buy much at all (for anyone, veggie or not), but was enough to get a very small portion of chips and a very large cookie. I also used to collect pennies that I found in the playground outside the youth wing, and buy a 10p packet of space invaders. Not exactly health food but it was tasty and vegetarian. They also did burgers and veggie burgers.

Once he did his school meal campaign, everything had home-cooked pretensions, but was just as unhealthy - if not more so - than before. There were jacket potatoes and cheese that were literally swimming in melted fat, and a stinky fish pie that was liquified with oil and more grease than pie. There were no vegetables and fruit (just like before), the only difference was that now there was nothing available for us vegetarians to eat.

Reactions: 7
There is still one open in Bangkok, saw it in January...was flummoxed that in a land of amazing food anyone would chose to eat there.
There was one in Bali also, the mind boggles who goes to Bali and wants to eat at a Jamie's Italian. It was in the trashiest area, but still 😵

• Wow
I hated his school meals crusade too. This was back in the early noughties, I have been vegetarian my whole life and used to get a £1.40 meal ticket to buy school lunch. This didn’t buy much at all (for anyone, veggie or not), but was enough to get a very small portion of chips and a very large cookie. I also used to collect pennies that I found in the playground outside the youth wing, and buy a 10p packet of space invaders. Not exactly health food but it was tasty and vegetarian. They also did burgers and veggie burgers.

Once he did his school meal campaign, everything had home-cooked pretensions, but was just as unhealthy - if not more so - than before. There were jacket potatoes and cheese that were literally swimming in melted fat, and a stinky fish pie that was liquified with oil and more grease than pie. There were no vegetables and fruit (just like before), the only difference was that now there was nothing available for us vegetarians to eat.
He rambles on about healthy meals but his comfort food book wasn't healthy was it? full of sugar and crap. Also hes cashing in on this lockdown with his new tv show.

Reactions: 3
He always blatantly jumps on bandwagons and other people‘s ideas and gets more attention than others because of his higher profile ie Super Size Me and then Jamie’s School Dinners, the 5 ingredients idea first released by John Whaite and then JO (JW was not happy about this on Twitter), Super Foods and now Cupboard cooking which is what Jack Monroe does so well - even Nigella is Tweeting asking why JO has been given a show about it when JM should be doing it.

Reactions: 4
He rambles on about healthy meals but his comfort food book wasn't healthy was it? full of sugar and crap. Also hes cashing in on this lockdown with his new tv show.
He definitely is; I almost certainly thought that gig would have gone to Jack Monroe.

There’s a Jamie’s kitchen in Bali too :)

There was one in Bali also, the mind boggles who goes to Bali and wants to eat at a Jamie's Italian. It was in the trashiest area, but still 😵
Ha sorry I just saw this. <cough> I stayed at the hotel it’s attached to Hahahaha

• Haha
Jack Monroe is unprofessional, unqualified, and begs fans for money when she's raking it in. I'm not a huge Jamie fan, but he's a far better choice for a tv show needed quickly than Jack Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
He definitely is; I almost certainly thought that gig would have gone to Jack Monroe.
Jack Monroe is far more guilty than Jamie Oliver than ripping off other people. Jack Monroe released a vegan cookbook jumping on that trend (full of stolen recipes) but yet claimed her whole life and career was ruined because Jamie Oliver is doing a show about the type of recipes people have been doing for a millennia.

I could go on about this low skilled entitled twit, but she's got a thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Jack Monroe constantly cries poverty asks her 'fans' to contribute to her Patreon and Paypal account, despite living with her partner who is a producer at Channel 4 - surely they could both survive on one wage for a while as many people have to? Sorry but I don't believe a word she says.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Jack Monroe is far more guilty than Jamie Oliver than ripping off other people. Jack Monroe release a vegan cookbook jumping on that trend (full of stolen recipes) but yet claimed her whole life and career was ruined because Jamie Oliver is doing a show about the type of recipes people have been doing for a millennia.

I could go on about this low skilled entitled twit, but she's got a thread.
I cant stand Jack Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m finding his new ‘make do with what you have’ show really irritating when I’ve seen him going on before about how you should only buy ‘quality’ organic tinned tomatoes!! Soz Jamie it’s the 28p ones every time in this house we’re not all made of tomatoes.

I have hated him since I was 13 years old though when he committed his atrocities against school dinners and chips/pizza/pies and the vending machines AKA anything that kept a kid going in a day were all banned overnight! They couldn’t cook actual food to save their lives at my school so it was awful.

Always refused to go in his restaurants or eat/use anything with his brand on it because of the above. F*ck you Jamie 🤣

Reactions: 8
Jack Monroe is unprofessional, unqualified, and begs fans for money when she's raking it in. I'm not a huge Jamie fan, but he's a far better choice for a tv show needed quickly than Jack Monroe.
Yep a far more convenient prospect to have a seasoned presenter fronting the show especially if put together quickly. Plus Jack Monroe doesn’t strike me as someone who’d take direction very well, in a broadcast sense or otherwise.

Reactions: 11