Jamie Oliver

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a rank steak in there it was green made me propo vom
Oh noooo, poor you! [emoji33][emoji33] Food poisoning is so terrible! I had the seafood risotto on a Saturday night and had to go to work the next day at 7am on a day trip by coach. It was such an awful day and I've never been to a restaurant of his ever since.

Reactions: 3
Same! Aspartame gives me the most awful 3 day migraines and a feeling that my brain cells are being killed off (brain fog, confusion, dizziness) so I've avoided it for years but I bought a fanta the other day not realising they've started to use aspartame in it to get round the sugar tax and I was sick as a dog. They really should put it in clear writing on the front because I've heard of loads of people getting sick from it. I also get the most awful toilet trouble with sucralose/splenda used in sugar free sweets, I don't understand how they're allowed to use these so frequently in food when it's a known problem.

I did not know they are using sweeteners now in fanta. I usually have a fanta a day and have been struggling with quite bad headaches strangely I haven't had one in a few days and feel a lot better for it. Thanks for the information.

I personally am not keen on Jamie, I wish he would mind his own business and stop with the food crusades. I also disliked how he was using youtubers to increase his popularity maybe if he stopped offering free food, bbqs and kitchenware to people who can afford it then he would be able to pay his rent.

Reactions: 9
Administrators appointed, not surprising but sad for anyone that's lost their job.

Jamie Oliver restaurant chains collapse

Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver has said he is "saddened" after his restaurant group went into administration, putting up to 1,300 jobs at risk.

The group, which includes the Jamie's Italian chain, Barbecoa and Fifteen, has appointed KPMG as administrators.

In total, 25 restaurants are affected by the move, 23 of which are from the Jamie's Italian chain.

Mr Oliver said: "I appreciate how difficult this is for everyone affected."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48352026

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It’s sad for all the people likely to lose their jobs, and for the suppliers, particularly the smaller ones, who will not get paid because of this. I would like to meet Jamie and laugh in his face about it though, just to him because I have no sympathy for him. I’m sure if he wanted to he could’ve put some of his personal fortune into the business to keep it going. But he doesn’t care about it that much. I’m sure there will be a relaunch of a new Jamie’s restaurant brand in a year or two after some PR rebuilding.

Went to one of his restaurants once, really was quite poor. Had a dish that contained lettuce and it hadn't been washed, still had dirt on the leaves. I'm not surprised it's all going down the pan for him tbh

Reactions: 2
It’s sad for all the people likely to lose their jobs, and for the suppliers, particularly the smaller ones, who will not get paid because of this. I would like to meet Jamie and laugh in his face about it though, just to him because I have no sympathy for him. I’m sure if he wanted to he could’ve put some of his personal fortune into the business to keep it going. But he doesn’t care about it that much. I’m sure there will be a relaunch of a new Jamie’s restaurant brand in a year or two after some PR rebuilding.
Apparently he did put some of his own money into trying to save it all collapsing, obviously not enough lol. It's being mostly blamed on extortionate high street rents and people ordering from places like Deliveroo and not going out to eat as much. I'm sure he's made more than enough money from the restaurants over the last ten years, on top of the rest of his empire. I agree It's sad for all his employees and suppliers. I hope his staff get a decent redundancy package.

Apparently he did put some of his own money into trying to save it all collapsing, obviously not enough lol. It's being mostly blamed on extortionate high street rents and people ordering from places like Deliveroo and not going out to eat as much. I'm sure he's made more than enough money from the restaurants over the last ten years, on top of the rest of his empire. I agree It's sad for all his employees and suppliers. I hope his staff get a decent redundancy package.
There won’t be redundancy for staff because of administration unfortunately. Hopefully they can find new jobs or the business is saved at least in part. The business failed because nobody likes the restaurants by the sounds of it.

Reactions: 4
His showboating with David Cameron is the reason why almost all drinks have artificial sweeteners rather than sugar these days. Even if you're not convinced about the harm of these sweeteners they do taste awful.

I can't drink sweeteners they make me feel utterly ill and they taste disgusting! I get stomach upset if I take more than a few sips, but I know with the first sip I can't have it. If on the rare occasion I nip to get a McDonalds or KFC or some place, I have to go through all the drinks to finally get something with sugar in it and it's always plain Coke. I don't have any choice of fizzy drink, my favourite is Sprite but it's always Sprite Zero. KFC pushes Pepsi MAX to the absolute max! Doesn't matter what drink I order it goes in the pepsi max cup lol! In fact KFC always give me Pepsi MAX instead of normal coke even after I explain I have a bad reaction to it.. :mad: That seems to be a universal issue through out their stores and I end up tossing the drink in the nearest petrol station bin and buying a regular coke in a bottle from there! :cautious:

So thanks for that Jamie, I also get slapped with a sugar tax after finally getting the drink I want at McDonalds, it loves to flash up on the screen! Ruins what should be a quick fun experience, all the palaver of explaining why I can't have it and if there's anything for me, and them looking through like ughhh... ushhhh.... then bam, the sugar tax message!

Plus all the people drinking those sweeteners gives me the shudders.

In fact KFC always give me Pepsi MAX instead of normal coke even after I explain I have a bad reaction to it.. :mad: That seems to be a universal issue through out their stores and I end up tossing the drink in the nearest petrol station bin and buying a regular coke in a bottle from there! :cautious:
It’s a branding issue, if a food/beverage outlet has Coke on the pumps they wouldn’t ever have Pepsi and vice versa. KFC has always been affiliated with Pepsi so even if you ask for coke, they physically wouldn’t be able to give it to you.

According to c4 news he put in 13million if his own money within the last year.
What made me sad the most is 15 is shutting as well italian as that was a fantastic scheme for young people.

I assume he has his own personal restaurant in London that he looks in.

Feel sad for job losses my 2 nearest shut last year.
We enjoyed it but live in big city so much competition.
I like to support independents where I can .

I disagree with sugar tax only because even San Pellegrino has switched to sweeteners so I pay extra for coke.

He's done some good things.
School dinners.

Tbh he shouldn't of been giving freebies to YouTubers who didn't support Jamie's Italia when it was going under

Reactions: 7
Slightly offtopic but he's following FutureSelf IG account
Jamie and Alfie are “friends”
By friends I mean twats.
I once had a meal in his restaurant and my sister ordered some type of fish, the head was left on the fish 😐
she asked for it to be removed and they said no, they legitimately said NO!!!
they told her to put it on a side plate.

I like to think that fish is doing a little happy dance right now.

By friends I mean twats.
I once had a meal in his restaurant and my sister ordered some type of fish, the head was left on the fish 😐

Oh yes I remember vlogs a few years ago where Alfie and JO did some tasting challenges. Grim. JO seemed completely up himself and had his minions behind him creased over laughing at everything he said. Feel awfully sad for his employees and all the suppliers who no doubt will not see a penny. But luckily Jamie has his £10m London home and Elizabethan mansion in Essex to hide away in.

Reactions: 4
I don't know much about the restaurant industry, but he's known for years the writing was on the wall. Could he have gradually shut them all as to not leave suppliers and people up the proverbial they're in now?

The brother in law that runs the company seems to have a string of failed buisnesses behind him. Did Jamie just "put in his own money" as something charitable or purely from a business pov? His camp seems very keen to push the former, but I'm not convinced.

Really don't think this is a case of tall poppy syndrome and Brits wanting to cut down people that have done good.

It really couldnt have happened to a better smarmier, marshmallow tongued prick. The only celeb I hate more than him is amanda holden.. imagine being told you're tit by that frog bint.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
from what i have seen of his restaurants (never eaten in one) the main issue is they are just a watered down version of whatever the cuisine they are copying is, having lived in italy for many years most of the food on the menu was not in any way "authentic " and fine i don't believe you have to only stick rigidly to recipes but then market it as something different. especially in London there are thousands of places you can eat more "authentic" italian food cheaper

Reactions: 1
I had a Jamie’s Italian in my nearest City. I never wanted to eat there because Jamie comes across as such a massive prick.
Was invited there once for someone’s birthday and the food was expensive and not good quality.
I do wonder though on top of the other issues the business had having the name of someone most the country thinks is a massive twit didn’t help with its success (or eventual lack of it)

Reactions: 1
By friends I mean twats.

LOL. That happened to my mum!!! In Aberdeen. We were out for dinner and the waiter mentioned a fish / pasta special. She ordered it and the fish came with the head, she was like wtf, the waiter didn't mention that it came whole. She sent it back and the waiter was pissed off as us the whole night.