Jamie Genevieve #4 Brand of thieves, Jacks a heave, some prods gifted inc the weave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it’s not just her self funding Vieve and doing it all herself. She has investors, business partners, a management company and this is all linked in to a very lucrative exclusivity agreement with cult beauty. Jamie herself will not be forking out all the money for the offices. It’s a clever approach because a new brand by a beauty influencer would never normally get anywhere near cult beauty or be sold at that price point.

Also I think the new Vieve palette looks pretty nice!

Reactions: 7
Vieve has some really good products to be fair. I think the powder products, like the eyeshadow, blush and bronzers are beautiful, they blend really nicely and they’re really well pigmented. The eye wands are like really good too. I own lip dew too which is okay, not stand out to me but still a nice product.

Reactions: 4
this is the same person that jet’s off to anywhere and everywhere as soon as she can, she doesn’t care 🤷🏻‍♀️
Also the same person that drives a Range Rover sport

Whilst I understand that there is bound to be a significant reach purely based on her,and the reputation that goes alongside, means it may well be an "easy"sell initially,when comes to make up products and the launch of VIEVE, etc. . . I am genuinely SHOCKED to learn that VIEVE has been as prosperous as it appears to be, I mean the place in London, can't be cheap, its main road too,not one of those that pay less,as their HQ is furthest away from the hype and Buzz of the centre, without actually being out of London, but still, it's coin.to learn that now VIEVE is as prosperous as it would seem to be,is just honestly surprising.my bad,but to be able to plan and afford to not only push for a pop up up in Glasgow, but to launch an actual Flagship store in Glasgow and in the Shopping center of PRINcESS SQuARE particularly is another level.really , despite so much closure within the high st the UK over, unless there is a huge drive and plan to do something different I don't see how that won't prevail for a business as VIEVE,I mean be it the entire experience has to change for the high st to ever come close to working,to engage ans encourage shoppers to come into the town or city centre in first place surely has to be "an experience" a day out type thing, be it restaurant and perhaps a qualified childcare creshe, or VIEVE to come alongside a salon for everything from hair to nails tan brows,and maybe even along side SONY or CANNON or more apt. Apple where you can have the images etc for insta with an actual photobooth alongside actual make up artists within using the products on an individual who can pay,and then .aybe some fun insta worthy interior something different,like full on flower wall and everything PiNK, to be the Inspo like the place London, and incorporate it to the high gh at where you maybe have cocktails with friends too it needs these businesses,albeit competitors, but need cohesion and a sense of working fluently together, for it to work. But clearly,who am I??☺ There is something I don't know,and it must come down to her bank acc and the numbers,of it works it works I guess but found it strange that it would add up to such a huge plan,to actually open another place in Glasgow as she is .
What?! 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It kills me that she thinks this is a good look 🙈 she’s so much more attractive than this and I don’t know for the life of me why she wants to look so harsh. Obviously it’s up to her but personally I don’t think she suits this type of look at all! She does herself an injustice.

Look at the lip liner! 🙈 it’s awful!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
It kills me that she thinks this is a good look 🙈 she’s so much more attractive than this and I don’t know for the life of me why she wants to look so harsh. Obviously it’s up to her but personally I don’t think she suits this type of look at all! She does herself an injustice.

She looks like a blow up doll at a stag do

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Her lips are always a mess, she rarely does a good job of lining them

Reactions: 5

I really don’t like the palette and the lipstick together. Both look lovely, but together it’s much too much.

Reactions: 9
Can’t believe they actually bought sweets from the cinema, £6 for two bags. Even if I was a millionaire I couldn’t justify it!!

• Haha
I really don’t like the palette and the lipstick together. Both look lovely, but together it’s much too much.
Yeah same! I don’t really get why they’ve been paired together cos I don’t think they compliment each other 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think the red clashes with the purple and pink tones. If she was going to do anything with it I think a Berry or claret type lipstick would make more sense. The palette looks lovely!

Reactions: 3
Yeah same! I don’t really get why they’ve been paired together cos I don’t think they compliment each other 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think the red clashes with the purple and pink tones. If she was going to do anything with it I think a Berry or claret type lipstick would make more sense. The palette looks lovely!
Yeah exactly! The palette is lovely. I personally think it would have been better to have the palette and the lip products as separate releases. They just don’t compliment each other. Lovely products on their own, but not together!

Reactions: 4
Lots of *you guys* and the humble *clever me* I'm so smug, clap on the backs, I'm so proud of myself videos are on the horizon

Do get over yourself, you picked colours for make up,not discovered a vaccine 💁‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
To be fair to her I think she’s been really clever/lucky with her make up line. Having the backing of Cult Beauty I think has been a game changer for her as her brand is sitting alongside established brands like Charlotte tilbury and Nars etc already which gives it an appearance of credibility and doesn’t make the price point look too high. When I think of other beauty instagrammers and YouTubers who have released lines most of them haven’t had this sort of support or publicity- even ones who had big channels and followings before Jamie had any sort of large platform.

Reactions: 15
To be fair to her I think she’s been really clever/lucky with her make up line. Having the backing of Cult Beauty I think has been a game changer for her as her brand is sitting alongside established brands like Charlotte tilbury and Nars etc already which gives it an appearance of credibility and doesn’t make the price point look too high. When I think of other beauty instagrammers and YouTubers who have released lines most of them haven’t had this sort of support or publicity- even ones who had big channels and followings before Jamie had any sort of large platform.
Cult beauty, like Sephora, take a pretty big chunk for the right to sell on their website.
I don’t know the exact figure for Cult but Sephora get a 60% discount upon buying the product. It’s also an exclusive deal which means they can’t sell it anywhere else, out with their own website.

Refy by Jess Hunt has done really well tbh. They’re stocked in Selfridges and on Net-a-Porter and aren’t locked into an exclusivity deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Cult beauty, like Sephora, take a pretty big chunk for the right to sell on their website.
I don’t know the exact figure for Cult but Sephora get a 60% discount upon buying the product. It’s also an exclusive deal which means they can’t sell it anywhere else, out with their own website.
I've never purchased any of the products in the range so can't speak to the quality but the arrangement Vieve have with Cult is hardly unusual. It's just how retail works. Stockists purchase product either at cost or at a huge discount and then sell it to consumers at RRP. Depending on the agreement arranged between the company and the stockist, some products will be exclusive to stockists (Sephora, Cult Beauty, department stores, etc) and some won't. Vieve do sell product on their own site so it's not 100% exclusive.

Reactions: 6
The benefit of the exclusive deal with cult will be although they will get a bigger % of the profits of Vieve this means they will promote it heavily hence the reason it’s quite often featured on their home page and has got mentioned in some beauty editorials etc. The launch seemed half hearted and messy but I think it’s found it’s feet now. As much as she bugs me sometimes/a lot of the time 😂 I do always root for her to do well and be successful and happy cos I remember watching her when she was in her wee flat buzzin that she got a sugarpill palette and NYX eye crayons for Xmas and working as a Xmas temp in Lush.

Reactions: 13
😂 I do always root for her to do well and be successful and happy cos I remember watching her when she was in her wee flat buzzin that she got a sugarpill palette and NYX eye crayons for Xmas and working as a Xmas temp in Lush.
Pity she doesn't remember those days

Reactions: 19
The Cult Beauty deal must be really really helping. It’s making the brand more visible to those beyond her fanbase. She would have been silly to say no to it!

Reactions: 6
Pity she doesn't remember those days
Yeah this is exactly my frustration with her most of the time! She is literally living her dream just now and still complains about being tired, not getting a luxury holiday etc. The Jamie back then would never have even imagined she’d have the lifestyle and opportunities she’s got today but it does feel like she loses touch with reality a lot.

Reactions: 25
I've never purchased any of the products in the range so can't speak to the quality but the arrangement Vieve have with Cult is hardly unusual. It's just how retail works. Stockists purchase product either at cost or at a huge discount and then sell it to consumers at RRP. Depending on the agreement arranged between the company and the stockist, some products will be exclusive to stockists (Sephora, Cult Beauty, department stores, etc) and some won't. Vieve do sell product on their own site so it's not 100% exclusive.
I never said it was unusual. I literally pointed out how it works. I also said out with their own website when talking about the exclusivity deal. 👍🏻

I never said it was unusual. I literally pointed out how it works. I also said out with their own website when talking about the exclusivity deal. 👍🏻
You made it out to be a bad deal for Jamie’s brand when it isn’t but ok 👍🏼

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.