Jamie Genevieve #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really do think she’s losing touch with just how lucky she is. She’s in a unique position that her income and job have been affected by the pandemic in very minimal ways. I’m lucky too that my supermarket job is secure and I’m still on my full wage, but the stress has been horrific. She just doesn’t seem in touch with this at all. A large part of following will be suffering right now, whether it’s with mental health or redundancy or furlough, or ill physical health. She’s not alone in this, but I think this just brings home how far removed influencers are from the rest of the working population.

I also do think she’s a lovely person but I just think cos she’s not having to deal with the negative side of anything, she just doesn’t realise.
I agree with everything you’ve said - except the lovely person part. She’s a twit and is completely out of touch with reality. It’ll get even worse when she moves into her Newton Mearns or Giffnock mansion.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
As someone else has just pointed out, she hasnt shown any empathy towards anyone else since last March. Even the beauty industry that she used to be part of. Imagine if YouTube never took off for her. If she was still working on a makeup counter, she would be furloughed or out of work right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I meant to come here earlier to talk about those horrible shoes!! 😂😂 yes they’re rank...as is the plastic coat in my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Does anyone else think her whole brand/ launch was just bizzare? It's like she barely mentions it? Like it's almost like one of her paid promotions she had to advertise but really the thing I get from it all there seems to be NO heart or passion in it? Maybe because she knows it's a sub standard rip off brand? Even she hasn't created a buzz about her own brand? Strange 🤔🤔🤔 edit... No one else is talking about her brand. Other than an initial thoughts vids. Who is buzzing fir veive? No one? Not even Jamie

Reactions: 33
I have to agree. There’s was lots of buzz when it first launched but now nothing. She doesn’t even seem to take an interest in the actual business side of it either. It seems very much like she’s stuck her name to a very generic brand.

Reactions: 17
I have to agree. There’s was lots of buzz when it first launched but now nothing. She doesn’t even seem to take an interest in the actual business side of it either. It seems very much like she’s stuck her name to a very generic brand.
yeah there’s no sense of ownership, like she’s bored of it. Surely it’s your baby to nurture and help grow...?

Reactions: 6
yeah there’s no sense of ownership, like she’s bored of it. Surely it’s your baby to nurture and help grow...?
Exactly. If I’d just launched my first brand I’d be absolutely buzzing and I’d be telling everyone about it all day!

Reactions: 8
The only person I’ve saw being continuously complimentary of Jamie’s makeup range is Nikki from westholme and, man, her makeup always looks bad.

I have a few bits from the range and it’s all okay. But that’s it. I’m not sure any of the products actually stand out for me. I still sway towards my Urban Decay stuff, and if I was to need a new eyeshadow palette, I wouldn’t repurchase hers, I’d buy Urban Decay. They’re an established brand with a good track record and good reviews. Jamie is still only on her first launch. If the products were more personal to her I think it would have more appeal, but as many have mentioned, even the shade names are just generic. I understand she may have done this to broaden the appeal past her fan base, but for a first launch, surely you’d want to utilise that support and appeal to your own fan base first. And then once that’s been successful, then try and appeal to a broader market

Reactions: 15
Yeah the few Vieve things I’ve got are ok, I like the lipliner but I feel like they’re quite average and I don’t think I’d be drawn to buy anything else. I think the stuffs nice but it’s all just a bit....boring. The whole launch was a bit odd and it’s had a bit of a half hearted vibe all along I think.

Reactions: 10
Yeah the few Vieve things I’ve got are ok, I like the lipliner but I feel like they’re quite average and I don’t think I’d be drawn to buy anything else. I think the stuffs nice but it’s all just a bit....boring. The whole launch was a bit odd and it’s had a bit of a half hearted vibe all along I think.
That’s EXACTLY how I feel about it. I like Jamie so wanted to support her, but she’s going to have to do more than that to make me buy again. Especially at the price point she’s currently going for.

Reactions: 9
It is a nice house but they haven't added any value to it in the time that they've had it. I'm pretty sure the offers over price now is the same as it was when they got it in 2017.

They could have made it amazing without spending too much money on it.
I think it’s a house stuck in the 80s the kitchen, bathrooms and all the windows and doors need upgrading and replacing. Needs lots of money spent on it to take it out of the 80s

Reactions: 12
I think it’s a house stuck in the 80s the kitchen, bathrooms and all the windows and doors need upgrading and replacing. Needs lots of money spent on it to take it out of the 80s
Yeah, I don’t understand why they haven’t done more to it, especially if they were thinking of selling it not long down the line. That tartan carpet makes my teeth itch! 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I was almost tempted to buy the palette...I wasn’t sure whether to. Then I watched Soph and Emma’s review videos where upon first opening the palette one of the pans fell out and I was like ohhhh that’s embarrassing! Not sure if it happened to any other reviewers but I immediately decided I wouldn’t be buying it because it just screamed that it’s a cheap tacky palette that had been overpriced because of Jamie’s name.

Reactions: 10
I was almost tempted to buy the palette...I wasn’t sure whether to. Then I watched Soph and Emma’s review videos where upon first opening the palette one of the pans fell out and I was like ohhhh that’s embarrassing! Not sure if it happened to any other reviewers but I immediately decided I wouldn’t be buying it because it just screamed that it’s a cheap tacky palette that had been overpriced because of Jamie’s name.
I bought the palette and THREE of my pans have fallen out. It's actually really annoying as I do like the palette a lot tbh, I know it's just another neutrals palette but the shadows are good quality and blend beautifully. However, the multiple pans falling out is embarrassing. I've owned a lot of palettes and this has never happened before, so for it to happen to multiple people... really bad imo.

• Wow
I bought the palette and THREE of my pans have fallen out. It's actually really annoying as I do like the palette a lot tbh, I know it's just another neutrals palette but the shadows are good quality and blend beautifully. However, the multiple pans falling out is embarrassing. I've owned a lot of palettes and this has never happened before, so for it to happen to multiple people... really bad imo.
I dont own the palette and i am tempted as its looks lovely since i only wear neutrals anyways but pans falling out.... what is that about i have lots of palettes from £4 revolution to £50 huda beauty... i have never seen a pan fall out of a palette cheap or not cheap

Reactions: 8
I dont own the palette and i am tempted as its looks lovely since i only wear neutrals anyways but pans falling out.... what is that about i have lots of palettes from £4 revolution to £50 huda beauty... i have never seen a pan fall out of a palette cheap or not cheap
It is a nice palette. Mine hasn’t had any of the issues and the pans seem pretty secure. I think there must have definitely been a bad batch during the manufacturing process. Which isn’t ideal on your first launch 😂

Reactions: 2
I know, I've never had pans fall out! I got mine from Cult Beauty as they always have discount codes so maybe it was that batch. Really poor imo, they literally fell out the second I opened it. Going to have to superglue them back in if I ever travel with it (not likely atm lol)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.