Jamie Genevieve #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You really really do not need such expensive skincare! Maybe 1 or 2 expensive products if they really work for you, but £921 is insane!!! I've been into skincare for a while and use a lot of Korean products, which are fantastic and not very expensive at all, for basically all the same active ingredients.
I feel like she just promotes these expensive brands and brands she has good relationships with, like Ole Henriksen, the products are good but aren’t worth raving about in my opinion.

Reactions: 7
She just promotes the expensive brands because she likes to kiss ass and in return gets invited on expensive brand trips around the world. Let’s not forget it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Victoria beckham etc?? I remember she used to be relatable and the type you would love as a BFF... but just recently, with the lack of promotion of her own brand while being loyal to those she gets paid for just opened my eyes. She’s all about our $$$ and brand repping. I get it that’s her job but she’s changed and I’m just not interested any more which I’m actually sad about. I got her eyeshadow pallets for Christmas because I did need a new neutral one and I wanted to give it a go, but I probably won’t get anything else as it is good quality but definitely not worth the price, I even think she could’ve included a brush or different how-to guide with them. I’ve gone off them already

Reactions: 14
Victoria beckham etc?? I remember she used to be relatable and the type you would love as a BFF... but just recently, with the lack of promotion of her own brand while being loyal to those she gets paid for just opened my eyes. She’s all about our $$$ and brand repping. I get it that’s her job but she’s changed and I’m just not interested any more which I’m actually sad about. I got her eyeshadow pallets for Christmas because I did need a new neutral one and I wanted to give it a go, but I probably won’t get anything else as it is good quality but definitely not worth the price, I even think she could’ve included a brush or different how-to guide with them. I’ve gone off them already
I’ve used her eyeshadow palette twice, and still prefer my £6 Beauty Bay palette...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I bought a couple of bits on launch day and got her palette for Christmas. I totally agree with you. The highlighter I have isn’t great, very chunky glitter, I prefer my MaryLou Manizer highlight from The Balm which was so much cheaper. The lip products are nice but again, i have cheaper alternatives that I think I actually prefer, and the palette is lovely and blends well, but I’d rather buy an Urban Decay palette for that price point! Honestly her stuff is really lovely but it just doesn’t stand out to me particularly, there are so many established brands out there that do products that are the same quality. And you’re absolutely right, she doesn’t seem to push her own brand. I hope she expands the product range soon as I can see the hype fading fast otherwise. Not that there was much hype in the first place.

Reactions: 7
You can bet she wouldn’t be spending £921 if she had to actually buy any of the stuff herself! And yes it’s a shame because some people will watch her videos (and other influencers) and think oh wow she really recommends this £80 skin oil or whatever and save up for it and then by her next video it’ll never be mentioned again and she’ll be pushing something else. Her skins looked the same for years...she has the luxury of being sent all these free products to try plus being able to afford/be gifted skin treatments so I don’t think her skin care regime is worth taking any note of.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You can bet she wouldn’t be spending £921 if she had to actually buy any of the stuff herself! And yes it’s a shame because some people will watch her videos (and other influencers) and think oh wow she really recommends this £80 skin oil or whatever and save up for it and then by her next video it’ll never be mentioned again and she’ll be pushing something else. Her skins looked the same for years...she has the luxury of being sent all these free products to try plus being able to afford/be gifted skin treatments so I don’t think her skin care regime is worth taking any note of.
I think she also naturally has good skin too. So yes some of these products might help slightly, but they won’t have the same results on someone else. And you’re absolutely right, I can’t imagine she would buy half of those products if she actually had to pay for them.

Reactions: 15
She’s tweeted that she’s celebrating with Jack tonight and we won’t have to wait long because her news will be in tomorrow’s video. Worlds worst kept secret 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
When she started layering all the skin oils, serums and primers, my first thoughts were, any make up applied on top would just slide off or come off in chunks! I noticed in a couple of subsequent videos around the that time, she often said she had already completed her skincare, and would then just proceed with the make up. I took this to mean she simply couldn't be a*sed with applying so many (unnecessary) skin products, but they would all be linked in the description! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Lmao thought she made a pure dig at tattle when she purposely put her face in the camera and said “excieed” helloooo Jamie

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Uses £921 of skincare and says the top tip she’s learnt is not to overload her skin with products 🤯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Literally so bleeping bored of hearing her say eggsciiiteyyydddd. duck off ya absolute prat.

Uses £921 of skincare and says the top tip she’s learnt is not to overload her skin with products 🤯
Doesn’t overload her skin with product? She uploaded a 25 minute video of her applying product the whole damn time 🧐

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.