James Kavanagh

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He seems good craic, but def has to be centre of attention, I’m sure he outshined Niamh last night!

• Sick
Reactions: 3
He seems good craic, but def has to be centre of attention, I’m sure he outshined Niamh last night!
I'm not sure if I admire or totally cringe at the perceived sense of importance he and his inner circle have about themselves.

It's a bit like watching a strange nature documentary sometimes

Reactions: 10
Are all his hotel stays gifted? He never puts ad anywhere. If he pays, he must be rolling in it!

Reactions: 2
He used to be entertaining but he comes across as thirsty and pathetic now. 5 minutes in his company would give anyone a migraine

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I
He used to be entertaining but he comes across as thirsty and pathetic now. 5 minutes in his company would give anyone a migraine
I live near him & have encountered him out getting groceries. His voice gives me the ick. I cannot deal... His brother is also an obnoxious twit, in my opinion. Another cringebag.

• Heart
I

I live near him & have encountered him out getting groceries. His voice gives me the ick. I cannot deal... His brother is also an obnoxious twit, in my opinion. Another cringebag.
The brother is a complete knob. Must run in the family

Reactions: 3
I don't follow James but dip in when bored once a fortnight or so, has he moved to Cork yet?

Hi, newbie first time poster here, long time lurker!

Just had to come on and post about this person. A person from my own community, a "prominent" member of the community - whatever that means! I don't follow his Instagram however, in light of what happened in Sligo. In light of two men from our community, Michael and Aidan, so brutally murdered...I'm lost for words that this "influencer" hasn't even acknowledged it. Not only has he blatantly disregarded the memory and tradegy of these two men, but he has continued to post snaps and stories from wherever he is in the world - in his little bubble.
His fictitious, narcissistic, self centered little bubble.

He had an opportunity to highlight what happened this week. He has a massive audience. Even if he shared the one post showing where the vigils are taking place today - these men deserve justice. They deserve to be remembered. They did not die in vain.
James Kavanagh is everything that's wrong with society.
I've no doubt I'll be plastered all over his channel, and be labeled a troll. That's fine. There's nothing in the messages I wouldn't say to his face.

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

unnamed3.jpg

I don't really know what to think when people get up in arms because an influencer didn't share a post or comment on something.

In my opinion, whatever they do will never be "right" and I think (I might be corrected) he didn't share anything on Ashling Murphy either. That's his call to make.

Reactions: 18
I don't really know what to think when people get up in arms because an influencer didn't share a post or comment on something.

In my opinion, whatever they do will never be "right" and I think (I might be corrected) he didn't share anything on Ashling Murphy either. That's his call to make.
Yeah I agree with this. If he shared something and then went back to posting about his holiday, he would be ripped to shreds too. Not everyone has to jump on the wagon of sharing things or has to have an opinion. I don’t have a following but even I stay away from sharing opinions on politics, war, vaccines as the world is hard enough the last few years without causing disagreements etc. People are only spoiling for arguments at the moment I find.

Also to mention, I live abroad and just had dinner with a group of Irish friends and half of them hadn’t heard about what happened in Sligo

Yeah I agree with this. If he shared something and then went back to posting about his holiday, he would be ripped to shreds too. Not everyone has to jump on the wagon of sharing things or has to have an opinion. I don’t have a following but even I stay away from sharing opinions on politics, war, vaccines as the world is hard enough the last few years without causing disagreements etc. People are only spoiling for arguments at the moment I find.

Also to mention, I live abroad and just had dinner with a group of Irish friends and half of them hadn’t heard about what happened in Sligo
Politics, war and vaccines? I think this is slightly different.

You've said it yourself, half of your friends have not heard about two men being murdered - a hate crime. Can I ask, did they hear about Aisling Murphy?. Influencers will use their platform to sell you a water bottle but not to raise awareness about homophobic killings?
Ok!

Also, just to point out - in the past James has shared and been part of countless campaigns against bullying. He's advocated for the gay community and has a strong presence within it.

In the past two weeks, two men have been murdered - one of which was beheaded. Another man is in hospital with one eye. A trans woman in the North was stabbed. A gay man in Dublin city centre was attacked and remains in hospital.
None of this is OK, and whilst it's not James - or any other influencers job to report on this - it's what they should be doing. It's using their platforms for good.
As I said, James has been part of anti-bullying campaigns in the past, he has some sort of moral obligation to at least spread awareness - leaving aside moral obligation - as a human being.
The fact that your friends have heard nothing about these horrific tragedies says it all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Politics, war and vaccines? I think this is slightly different.

You've said it yourself, half of your friends have not heard about two men being murdered - a hate crime. Can I ask, did they hear about Aisling Murphy?. Influencers will use their platform to sell you a water bottle but not to raise awareness about homophobic killings?
Ok!

Also, just to point out - in the past James has shared and been part of countless campaigns against bullying. He's advocated for the gay community and has a strong presence within it.

In the past two weeks, two men have been murdered - one of which was beheaded. Another man is in hospital with one eye. A trans woman in the North was stabbed. A gay man in Dublin city centre was attacked and remains in hospital.
None of this is OK, and whilst it's not James - or any other influencers job to report on this - it's what they should be doing. It's using their platforms for good.
As I said, James has been part of anti-bullying campaigns in the past, he has some sort of moral obligation to at least spread awareness - leaving aside moral obligation - as a human being.
The fact that your friends have heard nothing about these horrific tragedies says it all.
There’s a lot of absolutely horrible tit happening in the world. Including women, children and babies being raped and killed in the Ukraine. I personally have had to tune out from the daily news.

It also gets tiring following people who get outraged about absolutely everything. Louise McSharry for example. But I do think it’s a rocky territory for anyone in the public eye to navigate - making public comment on current affairs/ tragedies etc.

Sorry it’s upsetting you so much that he hasn’t shared. Hope you feel better having messaged him

Reactions: 7
There’s a lot of absolutely horrible tit happening in the world. Including women, children and babies being raped and killed in the Ukraine. I personally have had to tune out from the daily news.

It also gets tiring following people who get outraged about absolutely everything. Louise McSharry for example. But I do think it’s a rocky territory for anyone in the public eye to navigate - making public comment on current affairs/ tragedies etc.

Sorry it’s upsetting you so much that he hasn’t shared. Hope you feel better having messaged him
...and I hope you feel better having turned a blind eye because it's not what you want/like to hear about.

Reactions: 2
Arrested in Paris, I'm not surprised, he's a terrible drunk. He tortures strangers in pubs shoving his phone in their face and screaming like a f*ckin banshee. I can imagine him running through the airport roaring at everyone.

Reactions: 5
Arrested in Paris, I'm not surprised, he's a terrible drunk. He tortures strangers in pubs shoving his phone in their face and screaming like a f*ckin banshee. I can imagine him running through the airport roaring at everyone.
What are you talking about? If he was arrested I'm sure he'll be released without charge

What? He was arrested in Paris?! Source?

He was on Holly Carpenters new podcast, and they spoke about their trip to Paris in 2020, they were fairly well on it after landing and got arrested-

• Wow
Reactions: 4