James and Clair Buckley- At Home with the Buckley's

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can confirm it's definitely a man thing!! I just caught up with the Buckley's and I absolutely love them. James is naturally funny and Clair is brilliant too. If he wasn't already famous, they'd have probably made it big on YouTube anyway!
When I heard ages ago James had a YT channel with his wife I avoided it as I thought it would be endless humble bragging and false. (Nothing against him personally as I knew so little about him, but I sort of dreaded another celeb showing off and getting masses of free stuff whilst pretending to be just like us).
But they genuinely are funny and nice and irritable and bored. The only vloggers I can be bothered to watch these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When I heard ages ago James had a YT channel with his wife I avoided it as I thought it would be endless humble bragging and false. (Nothing against him personally as I knew so little about him, but I sort of dreaded another celeb showing off and getting masses of free stuff whilst pretending to be just like us).
But they genuinely are funny and nice and irritable and bored. The only vloggers I can be bothered to watch these days.
They come across as very relatable, just doing what most families do, admittedly some of it is probably a bit more exciting because of his contacts/friends, but they don't come across as braggy or show offs. I adore Claire, she is hysterical. I also like that they are protecting their boys identities, by not showing them.

Reactions: 8
They annoyed me when they saw Squid Game with going in the mindset of ‘it’s not good I bet’ then watching it dubbed and then being like ‘it’s okay’. They seem very stuck up like they’re better than others from recently watching, I’m trying to enjoy their content but I’m not feeling it at the moment

Reactions: 1
^^ I just went and looked to see if I thought their reactions were uppity/ rude, and I didn't think it was like they were on a high horse, really, but it was weird to hear them talking about something like that before they've seen it because they did come across a little different, I agree. Tbh, shows like that are not up my alley at all ( since I stick to comedies most of the time :)) so I was about to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they seem like they'd like that kind of thing, hmm idk.

I just realized I haven't watched them in months, and man, the content is really boring to me now. I just find my attention drifting off. There really is only so much you can do inside.

I liked their latest one - out for one of the boy's birthdays, but am a bit disappointed on Clare's IG they were at the ghastly Zalfie's.
I presume the connection is through Joe Sugg.

Reactions: 4
I liked their latest one - out for one of the boy's birthdays, but am a bit disappointed on Clare's IG they were at the ghastly Zalfie's.
I presume the connection is through Joe Sugg.
I liked the last one, so funny with the animals following James around!
I have no idea who the zalfies are, can you enlighten me?

I liked the last one, so funny with the animals following James around!
I have no idea who the zalfies are, can you enlighten me?
Lucky you! Zoe Sugg and Alfie Deyes. Top YouTube couple 🤢
An odd fit for the Buckleys tbh.
I loved James at the restaurant with lobster - 'stay scummy' 😂

Reactions: 4
Lucky you! Zoe Sugg and Alfie Deyes. Top YouTube couple 🤢
An odd fit for the Buckleys tbh.
I loved James at the restaurant with lobster - 'stay scummy' 😂
Never heard of them, are they bad for the Buckley's?
Yep that was funny, burgers for all, apart from James!!

Still enjoying their vlogs. Interesting James will be in a play.
I just watched the last one and wondered what Clare does? Her sons are at school and I am surprised she does not seem to work outside of the house. She is such a bright woman. She seems to spend all her time doing the washing, tidying, shopping. Or getting the house ready for various festivities ie this time she was 'prepping the house for Christmas'.
I just wonder why she isn't bored rigid sometimes.

Reactions: 2
Still enjoying their vlogs. Interesting James will be in a play.
I just watched the last one and wondered what Clare does? Her sons are at school and I am surprised she does not seem to work outside of the house. She is such a bright woman. She seems to spend all her time doing the washing, tidying, shopping. Or getting the house ready for various festivities ie this time she was 'prepping the house for Christmas'.
I just wonder why she isn't bored rigid sometimes.
I imagine 'vlogging' is now her job and will take up a lot of her time.

I wondered this too actually. I would be bored out of my mind.
I know. I have a theory that in some ways being a female vlogger or YTer has a lot in common with a 1950s housewife. Apart from their cleaning, shopping and childcare is all filmed and monetised.

I know. I have a theory that in some ways being a female vlogger or YTer has a lot in common with a 1950s housewife. Apart from their cleaning, shopping and childcare is all filmed and monetised.
right?? yet the hypocrisy is ( NOT speaking about Clare here, I have no idea what her opinions are) that many would speak out about social change and call the very same thing they're doing ( just not on camera) oppression.

I'm starting to be put off by his videos with other, more famous people, like he's using them for views. I'm not sure if that's what going on. First Danny, then Joe Sugg, and now Tom Felton. It just seems a little disingenuous, especially because I thought they were just doing the channel as a hobby.

I haven't watched for a couple of weeks.
Seems so petty but I don't like the decorating the house ones, for whatever occasion.
Clare always says she bought a few more 'bits and pieces' and it turns out to be a lot of extra tat. I'm not a miserable git and like Christmas honestly! But the constant buying of more stuff just depresses me at the moment.
I do still like them both though.

Has anyone seen the news about the Emily Atack/ Inbetweeners Special thing involving James? I have to admit this has changed my view of him a lot because he's come across a bit whiney and arrogant if he really did get her booted from that on his own. I did read that some others didn't want her involved but idk how true it is.

I, by chance, came across that in the Emily thread and now I'm wondering if I read him all wrong.

• Wow
Has anyone seen the news about the Emily Atack/ Inbetweeners Special thing involving James? I have to admit this has changed my view of him a lot because he's come across a bit whiney and arrogant if he really did get her booted from that on his own. I did read that some others didn't want her involved but idk how true it is.

I, by chance, came across that in the Emily thread and now I'm wondering if I read him all wrong.
He did a video on his YouTube explaining how bad the special was. Didn't mention Emily though.

He did a video on his YouTube explaining how bad the special was. Didn't mention Emily though.
Oh I didn't know that, must've missed it- don't think I unsubbed but I've been definitely watching other things lately.

I wouldn't have thought he would do that, talk about her I mean. But I'm curious as to what he's said in general, I'll have a look later today.

Has the special already aired? I don't live in the UK. But I can see where he'd be speaking truth there, seeing as the last couple Inbetweeners things that have been done have bit a bit played out and cringe.

Oh I didn't know that, must've missed it- don't think I unsubbed but I've been definitely watching other things lately.

I wouldn't have thought he would do that, talk about her I mean. But I'm curious as to what he's said in general, I'll have a look later today.

Has the special already aired? I don't live in the UK. But I can see where he'd be speaking truth there, seeing as the last couple Inbetweeners things that have been done have bit a bit played out and cringe.
The special was a couple of years ago I think. It was awful. So awkward. Obvious none of them wanted to be there at all.