James and Carys - busybee.carys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot even begin to imagine how much these 2 earn.

Last year alone they
  • Went to New York
  • 2 week Caribbean cruise
  • Weekend in Stockholm
  • Quick trip to Venice
  • Multiple UK breaks
  • 2 weeks in Florida
  • Wedding
  • Honeymoon
  • £650,000 house purchase
That is more than most people can ever afford in a whole lifetime.

They're 23.
Not forgetting the house renovation last year too as well as they're ridiculous consumerism and designer gear that I never actually see them wear so maybe it gets returned. They also make a killing off Carys past gym workouts which were same price as these ones and sold amazingly well apparently. She has 685k followers on insta where she plugs the guide, lets say only 100k of her followers buy it for £19 each, thats almost 2 million pound and then they have merch, equity in their other property (have they mentioned if they sold it or rented it out?), youtube income, etc. They are raking it in.

Plus they're mathematicians so are probably good with their budgeting, investments, profit and loss charts etc

Reactions: 2
Can't stand this couple. Carys pushes fast fashion over and over again when I originally followed her for fitness content. Yeah she wanted to move away from fitness, but I she just did boohoo hauls of really bad fitting clothes over and over till topshop started paying her, and is now pushing that she's "so happy" even though she didn't address her weight gain/lack of fitness content for months. Also James is so rude, he's always mocking her- if he's like that on camera I dread to think how nasty he is off camera.

Regarding their house deposit: I've heard from a few YouTuber's videos that they've have to pay 20% rather than the usual 10% deposit, and James and Carys did also already have a house to negotiate with, so some of the money could've come from their first house.

Reactions: 5
Can't stand this couple. Carys pushes fast fashion over and over again when I originally followed her for fitness content. Yeah she wanted to move away from fitness, but I she just did boohoo hauls of really bad fitting clothes over and over till topshop started paying her, and is now pushing that she's "so happy" even though she didn't address her weight gain/lack of fitness content for months. Also James is so rude, he's always mocking her- if he's like that on camera I dread to think how nasty he is off camera.

Regarding their house deposit: I've heard from a few YouTuber's videos that they've have to pay 20% rather than the usual 10% deposit, and James and Carys did also already have a house to negotiate with, so some of the money could've come from their first house.
20% deposit is the normal amount you pay, obviously you can pay less if your bank agrees but most people put down 20%. I have a feeling hey used a guarantor for their first home, to get them on the property ladder. But now they have established themselves and have equity from their old house they have been able to acquire a mortgage themselves.

20% deposit is the normal amount you pay, obviously you can pay less if your bank agrees but most people put down 20%. I have a feeling hey used a guarantor for their first home, to get them on the property ladder. But now they have established themselves and have equity from their old house they have been able to acquire a mortgage themselves.
It’s normally 10%, the area i was an estate agent is their area, until recently - I quit, too stressful but it’s always staring at 10% or higher depending how much cash they want to put down. They could of put a massive lump sum down. Also they got the keys 4 days before moving in which makes me think they aren’t in a chain so will be owning two houses currently

Reactions: 1
It’s normally 10%, the area i was an estate agent is their area, until recently - I quit, too stressful but it’s always staring at 10% or higher depending how much cash they want to put down. They could of put a massive lump sum down. Also they got the keys 4 days before moving in which makes me think they aren’t in a chain so will be owning two houses currently
Do we know they still own the other property? As they were living with his parents before this? Seems weird if they do own it and rented it out that quickly only to have to go back to his parent. I don't follow them much, only recently to see the renovation.

Do we know they still own the other property? As they were living with his parents before this? Seems weird if they do own it and rented it out that quickly only to have to go back to his parent. I don't follow them much, only recently to see the renovation.
Yeah I don’t follow the enough to know, just watch random videos... I was just assuming

They sold their last house then had to move into James parents til the new house was ready.

Yeah I don't know anyone who has paid 20%, everyone I know put 10% down. But I know people on "unstable" incomes- ie. self employed have to cough up more money up front to prove they're good for the cash

It might be different in Wales to England then, but the standard here is 20% you can put as low as 5% down with a government scheme but that's for people that dont have the savings for a deposit.
They sold their home first moved into james' parents house while waiting for completion on their new home as they were in big chain.
I'm quite excited to see what they do to this house it's a weird layout and not one I would have picked personally.

don’t know why they’ve picked that area when they could get a much bigger house 10+ miles out for the same price, they paid a lot of money for location

We had to put 20% down!
Sorry to derail but was there a specific reason for that? I’ve always thought it was 10% and that seems to be the norm among my friends/colleagues I’ve spoken to? There’s me thinking I just about have enough deposit for a reasonably priced home in my area.... guess I’ll have to save for another few years! How are people supposed to get on the housing ladder if they need upwards of £30k in savings?!

We put 15% and got a great interest rate. You can get mortgages with as low as 5%, but the interest rate will be higher than if you were to put 20%. If they had equity in their other house, that would have meant a higher deposit. Being self employed is what makes getting a mortgage complicated, usually you need to show three years of accounts.

Wowwww the NERVE! Newest vlog of them decorating the new house, Carys says that she saw a lot of ‘influencers’ working with a particular company last year and earmarked them for when they got their new house. So she says she contacted them and asked them for a free bed. I mean... I’m lost for words. Theses ‘influencers’ have absolutely no shame. And to admit it so freely??? Nah I’m done, let me off this world please.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Yep, I was shocked too! (Dont know why really!) and also the fact that she didn't even know if they had a discount code or not 😂

• Haha
Yep, I was shocked too! (Dont know why really!) and also the fact that she didn't even know if they had a discount code or not 😂
Or how to even pronounce the brand that gifted them not one but TWO new beds 🤦🏼‍♀️ At this point I shouldn’t be so shocked. I guess I just keep hoping that this generation with finally sort it’s tit out and stop being so bloody greedy and entitled whilst doing absolutely nothing of value for society.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Love how they say they ask brands if they’d like to “work” with them - AKA trying to blag free stuff. How aspirational :LOL:. Pisses me off that these companies lap it up. All these influencer’s lives get turned into one big walking advert - what is even real anymore?

Reactions: 5
Wowwww the NERVE! Newest vlog of them decorating the new house, Carys says that she saw a lot of ‘influencers’ working with a particular company last year and earmarked them for when they got their new house. So she says she contacted them and asked them for a free bed. I mean... I’m lost for words. Theses ‘influencers’ have absolutely no shame. And to admit it so freely??? Nah I’m done, let me off this world please.
I was so shocked with this too! Just how casually she said it and said she loves that part of their job is that they get 'free amazing products', they truly are on another planet

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.