James and Carys #24 Chopping board obessed, big chest, underdressed wedding guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread...thankyou to RobotLady for the excellent thread name!

So, Carys and James are on a Youtube break until September. Reading between the lines, they are fed up of themselves being repetitive and boring and they've noticed a huge decline in views. However, taking a long break gives viewers the chance to watch other vlogs that are more interesting. Elle Darby's example is different (if they're trying to copy Elle) - she left because of a scandal ...so, as soon as she uploads anything - people will be flocking to see if she's changed (clue: she hasn't!)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Taking a break off youtube cos she's boring and can't make interesting content. Coming back in September "New me vibes, obsessed, how I've grown in 2 month, self love, self help manta, its ok not to be ok, I needed to focus on me" she will vlog a "journey" talk about her mental health and feeling better and then back to the usual "spend a day with us but with the new carys" 🥱

Reactions: 25
I hope their break backfires and they don’t get the expected buzz when they return. It will serve their egos right for thinking people adore them that much that they will be anticipating their return for the next 2 months (of course there will be ones that do) but the comments on their recent video should tell them how quickly their subscribers lose interest, can turn and move on.

They went to France for a month which should’ve been great content for them and they made it look boring. There’s nothing I think they can do to make their videos interesting on their return because at the end of the day they are just boring.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It does make me sad they've had to take a break but as someone who has watched them from the start I do think it's needed! I used to watch Carys' channel on her own and then followed her to the couple channel and like others have said they used to be SO much more fun! There is only so many times you can watch someone rearrange furniture in their house and rattle on about self love they clearly dont have for themselves!

As someone who has struggled with their weight themselves I would much rather hear her talk about how she doesn't feel comfortable in her body/know how to dress and wants to lose a bit of weight etc! i think people online think they have to be positive all the time when really it just makes them come across fake! i'd rather know someone has the same struggles as me so I felt a bit less alone instead of being forced to try feel positive about myself!

Hopefully they use this time to find themselves again as like others have said, the fact they are only 25/26 BAFFLES me! I'm 28 and boring but even I'm more fun than them two now! they act like they're 50+! I think Carys needs to find something for herself again like she had with her fitness instead of everything being 'mum' or 'wife' life. It doesn't have to be your personality!

I don't watch their YouTube because it doesn't appeal to me, but does she ever do like a behind the scenes vlog of her shoot days? Or vlogs about working on the new collections - picking fabrics etc? That would at least make interesting viewing! Why does James need to be in all the vlogs??

Reactions: 11
I don't watch their YouTube because it doesn't appeal to me, but does she ever do like a behind the scenes vlog of her shoot days? Or vlogs about working on the new collections - picking fabrics etc? That would at least make interesting viewing! Why does James need to be in all the vlogs??
Picking fabrics! You mean from the catalogue from China!?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I think I'm on my own with this one, but I honestly don't think she's going to come back with a body transformation. I think all the drive and desire for a 'hot body' has gone out of her. I just can't imagine with how she is now that she will have the willpower to not order McDonald's at every opportunity. We've seen what she calls a workout now. I do believe she actually wants her old body back but had settled for her version of 'mom life'.
I definitely think it's more likely that she's actually already pregnant

Reactions: 46
Surely she's just pregnant and wants the fuss in September when she's probably showing more and can create content from it?

I don’t know whether I’m fully convinced on the pregnancy front. She is SO deeply sad and disconnected from reality because I think she knows people followed and liked her for her old body. Sad but a reflection of society

Reactions: 25
I wish she would come back having lost weight or at least admitting her body positivity crap is fake, or with fun, shorter, themed vlogs, but unfortunately I also think she is just doing this because she is pregnant and can't deal with the criticism on their latest vlog.

She'll come back pregnant expecting more engagement, and it will work for a bit - her views went up when she announced her first pregnancy as well. However if she doesn't stop the hour long, rambling, repetitive vlogs the views will drop just as quickly.

Reactions: 22
I’m not one to mum shame however why is amber is trousers & a long sleeve t shirt in this heat?!!! My little one is literally just in a nappy 😮💨 even in the shade it’s way to hot for a winter outfit

Reactions: 22
I'm starting to feel very bad for her because she seems depressed. They/ she do(es) nothing literally. I am self employed so work from home and God it gets boring but I have my hobbies, I weightlift, play video games, draw, cook experimental food, read, horse ride and my job which is also my hobby. Some weeks I do none of those things, some weeks I do one or many or all; ok we all fluctuate but so no longer crochets (spl?) does paintings, weightlifts, does anything alone. I think she's depressed because she doesn't want to do anything and I know that feeling so well. I said in my other post when I put on a lot of weight that I lost myself, I abandoned all my hobbies and I didn't want to go out because I didn't want to be SEEN literally. When I got back into my old shape I am now super happy again and myself. Sometimes that's the way it is you don't have to force yourself to love something that you don't

Reactions: 29
I dont think she's pregnant, and I don't think she'll come back with a body transformation. I think that's her goal but she's far too lazy to see it through. They'll come back in September with their homeware brand, it'll flop just like YAE because influencer brands are just glorified merch and I suspect their average viewer is younger and not a homeowner. Then they'll be properly stuck. We'll see through her instagram if she is losing weight, she won't last until September without getting her arse or tits out

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I dont think she's pregnant, and I don't think she'll come back with a body transformation. I think that's her goal but she's far too lazy to see it through. They'll come back in September with their homeware brand, it'll flop just like YAE because influencer brands are just glorified merch and I suspect their average viewer is younger and not a homeowner. Then they'll be properly stuck. We'll see through her instagram if she is losing weight, she won't last until September without getting her arse or tits out
Agreed. Speaking of what happened to YAE?

Reactions: 4
C49BE555-EDEB-4732-BEB0-22658DD305F1.png

James can't do anything right for Carys can he 😕 it's a washing line. Does it really have to fit her ✨aesthetic 🥹🥺✨

Reactions: 49
i just wish she would take this break to get some therapy. therapy on her mental health and marriage counselling would be great for her and james.
james should also look into getting a job away from Carys, even if its just a small part time one.
i think that Carys should also get a gym membership and join in with the yoga clubs etc that the gym have to offer.
that way they can separate a bit and have more quality time together.
i think if she did all of the above her spark would come back and she would be a better person overall. her content would improve and she would be more content with life.

the reality is they will be living in each others pockets for the next 2 months. probably go on another holiday (or 2), continue working on business stuff together. not take a proper social media break. promote everything on Instagram/tik tok to keep engagement up. continue body positivity rambles and posts and not get any help that they need.

the first step is admitting that they have a problem...

• Heart
Reactions: 40
i just wish she would take this break to get some therapy. therapy on her mental health and marriage counselling would be great for her and james.
james should also look into getting a job away from Carys, even if its just a small part time one.
i think that Carys should also get a gym membership and join in with the yoga clubs etc that the gym have to offer.
that way they can separate a bit and have more quality time together.
i think if she did all of the above her spark would come back and she would be a better person overall. her content would improve and she would be more content with life.

the reality is they will be living in each others pockets for the next 2 months. probably go on another holiday (or 2), continue working on business stuff together. not take a proper social media break. promote everything on Instagram/tik tok to keep engagement up. continue body positivity rambles and posts and not get any help that they need.

the first step is admitting that they have a problem...
I'm sure they used to do more stuff separately, I know she has always suffered with her anxiety but literally being together 24/7 like they are cannot be good for any relationship! i love my husband to bits but when we were younger and at college all day together all day, then spent every evening together we had nothing to talk about and it was a bit stagnant! they need their own lives! she doesnt seem to see her mum/baby friends anymore either that appeared for one day?!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.